• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which 4th gen evolution shocked you most?

MidnightStorm

Tangrowth was unexpected because Tangela doesn't look like the type to have an evo. I wasn't surprised by Magmortor/Electivire; they turned out very well.

-BJ-

It's been so long ago and I've gotten used to all the evolutions...but thinking back, I think I was most shocked by Togekiss; I never thought it'd get an evolution, and unlike some people, I instantly loved it!

Rex911

Mightyena FTW!
It's been so long ago and I've gotten used to all the evolutions...but thinking back, I think I was most shocked by Togekiss; I never thought it'd get an evolution, and unlike some people, I instantly loved it!

At first when I saw it I said to myself... "HOLY CRAP A BIRD BLIMP!"

-BJ-

I seriously thought:

"It's a bird! No, it's a plane! No, it's- a Togetic evolution?!"

-BJ-

Hey, I like that UFO Magnezone. It reminds me of that one *obscure Pokemon anime reference* episode where Clefairies crashed to Earth in a UFO.

Rex911

Mightyena FTW!
Hey, I like that UFO Magnezone. It reminds me of that one *obscure Pokemon anime reference* episode where Clefairies crashed to Earth in a UFO.

WOW I never knew Magnezone was A house! LOL

But yeah I liked that episode when I was younger 'cause UFOs were kewl IMO back then.

onyxeyes

Tangrowth, Lickylicky, and Togekiss, I also don't like any of those three.

Andywoo

Banned
Rhperior and Togekiss. When i first saw them i thought WTF are these things thinking they were a joke, however they werent an i am disappointed by that as they were uneceassary, as was porygon-z. it wasn't that long ago when porygon was a single evolutionary line pokemon but now it has become another 3 evo set

Trainer Rob

The Mighty Gooch
I think I was mostly surprised by the evolutions of older Pokemon.
Although, whilst I do still think some of them are pointless wastes of time (Rhyperior, Probopass, Togekiss), I do have a soft spot for Tangrowth and Lickilicky.

Rhyperior, it's previous forms look similar but when mine evolved it was like wtf did my rhydon turn into? I love rhydon, but rhyperior is a poke I dislike. Although it does have a killer ability, it is ugly but I think it would have a better typing if it either lost rock or ground (and didn't look so ugly).
I also loled at lickylicky (reminds me of a middle aged person I know) and magnezone (zomg lazers pew pew). In all seriousness they look kinda funky...

little norbert

likyliky weired me out. As did porygon-z, but it's ok because I ended up loving porygon-z.
all we need now is a parsect evo and I'll be just fine.

Schiz

I was kind of shocked by the Misdreavus evo as well. I wonder if we'll ever see pokemon with a level 4 evolution in future games! What do you think?

Mandude

Tangroth, Lickilicki, Togekiss, and Magnezone surprised me.
I don't really like Tangroth and I only like Lickilicki because it remids me of the Darkrai movie with Baron Lickilicki.

Rachmat19

What surprised me is voltorb didn't get their next evolution, magnemite and voltorb were rivals in RB (voltorb for one, magnemite for the other.) Lickilicky and tangrowth surprised me...

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
What would the evolution of Electrode been? A super-angry reversed color Electrode?

Lickylicky was amzing. I laughed at it for minutes, then cryed when I realized that it was an actual Pokemon.

When we had the icons, naturally I tried to gues what they were.
...I thought Togekiss was some cool Mantine evo. But no...they evolved Togetic <<.