• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which 4th gen evolution shocked you most?

Zinimi

Yes, I like Snubbull
Lickilicky was just... wow... to me. Not only was it completely unexpected, but it was also extremely unoriginal...
"Let's make Lickitung rounder, a little fatter and add on some cool marks. Hey, let's make it a new Pokemon!"
Way to go >.>

Porygon-Z, Magnezone and Probopass. They're the main shocks. I thought the Porygon when a bit far with it's first Evo personally and I thought Nosepass and Magneton rocked without Evo's.

Sonic15

May Fanboy
I was shocked at Porygon-Z. I thought insead of an evolution they would make a baby named Pre-gon.

jaxonferz

lickilicky and tangrowth.
1, i dont like either one.
2, lickilicky looked like it should've been a prevo...

also, i like rhyperior, but i think it should've been an original not an evo. you could've very easily made a prevo for ryperior and change its name and walla, not attached to rhydon at all

If only it's shiny form was green. ;)

I'd lol so hard if it was.

Also, Tangrowth. I thought "Why should such a worthless Pokémon get a evolution?" But my brother kicked my ass with his Tangrowth. It was very powerful. Mind you, it was EV trained and mine's weren't.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
At first, after reading about Frosslass, I thought it would look like a Snorunt with long arms, larger teeth, and a wispy tail where its legs were. When I saw it in the guide-book, I was surprised.

Rex911

Mightyena FTW!
lickilicky and tangrowth.
1, i dont like either one.
2, lickilicky looked like it should've been a prevo...

also, i like rhyperior, but i think it should've been an original not an evo. you could've very easily made a prevo for ryperior and change its name and walla, not attached to rhydon at all

Lickilicky may look dumb but it's clearly an evolved pokemon

Rex911

Mightyena FTW!
I didn't expect Lickilicky, Magnezone and Rhyperior at all. I didn't really think their pre-evos needed any...but meh. =P

Electivire and Magmortar I expected since 3rd gen.

Weavile and Roserade I wanted.

The rest I don't really have any comment...

I wanted Weavile and roserade too. :p

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Tangrowth, Lickylicky, Froslass, and Honchkrow all took me by suprise decently. And out of those I think only Honchkrow was even worth it.

Theneedleman

crazyengage
Dusknoir, Dusclops was a fine Pokemon whose only real role in a team was blocking rapid spin. Now Dusclops has the ability to also take out something e.i Gyrados w/ Thunder Punch with those better stats.

Marco612

-=Marco=-
lickylicky surprised me and tangrowth. I always wanted tangela and lickitung to have some sort of evolution. But they suck in the game especially lickylicky which is dissapointing. But the thing that shocked me the most was rhyperior, that was unexpected. and the look was weird the first time I saw it and I diint see how it resembled a tank other than its size.

Otter16

Leaf Storm
licklicky and tangrowth. I thought that tangula and lickingtung were just going to be left behind to be forgot about.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I dunno, but all my friends (who put aside pokemon a long time ago) saw some of their favs buffed up they all said "WOW!"

the one that stood out the most to me was Rhyperior

Dark Gem

Dragon Master
The Pokemon that stood out was Rhyperior. Also, the two new Eevee evolutions that shocked me yet I love alot is Glaceon and Leafeon.

Last edited: