• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which 4th gen evolution shocked you most?

Cyndaquil32

fiery little mouse
probopass= never even thought of nosepass to have an evolution and the outcome shocked me

rypherior= i like his move pool, but his looks just freaks me out so i prefer keeping my rhydon as a rhydon

Rex911

Mightyena FTW!
What would the evolution of Electrode been? A super-angry reversed color Electrode?

Lickylicky was amzing. I laughed at it for minutes, then cryed when I realized that it was an actual Pokemon.

I bet that was funny

Ninjitsu15

Caught!
I think Ambipom and Yanmega shocked me, in a good way. Ambipom turned Aipom into a decent Pokemon.

Rhyperior and Tangrowth were pretty random, too. I mean, they waited four gens to give them evos?

Rex911

Mightyena FTW!
I think Ambipom and Yanmega shocked me, in a good way. Ambipom turned Aipom into a decent Pokemon.

Rhyperior and Tangrowth were pretty random, too. I mean, they waited four gens to give them evos?

That really doesn't make sense when you think about it

Shinobi5878

Resident Bad A**
In my opionion instead of Tangrowth we should have gotten a Pinser evolution. I mean. We got a scyther evolution, an electabuzz evolution, a magmar evolution...we need a pinser evolution....

Well I was shocked when I saw leafeon. I was happy at the same time.

Leopiz

Shiny Hunter
I was shocked when I realized Leafeon's name was actually Leafeon.
I don't like it.

Anyway, Togekiss was random. It's like they gave this completely ignored pokemon and made it great. Talk about bringing a forgotten pokemon to fame.
Maybe next gen they can do that to Sunflora.

BluBoy14

I was shocked with probopass cause nosepass isn't even that good how can its evolved form be better? I was also shocked with electivire cause it looked different to electabuzz but its really good

Johnny Hudson

Call me Johnny.
These 2 evolutions shocked me most:

Rhypherior: I hate the design, they've ruined Rhydon's design. It looks like they've added some baseball bodyprotectors and that's it.
Probopass: It has got Mario's moustache, and a dumb hat.

In both cases I like the pre-evo's most (Rydon, Nosepass).

Nerofrost

Honestly I think I was shocked by some of the new evos:

Froslass: Its arms are ears? Or are its ears arms? Still don't know.
Probopass: A definite weird evo...moustache?
Rhyperior: Rhydon was fine, this evo brings a lot of power but looks creepy.
Magmortar: Magmar looked so cool, now he looks like a retarded fat duck.

The others are fine for me, Lickylicky looks funny, Magnezone's awesome. Mismagius and the others seem ok too.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Rhyperior, Magmotar, Yanmega, Gliscor, Lickilicky, Probopass, Tangrowth, Magmotar, Dusknoir, Mamoswine, and Porygon-Z shocked me badly.

WriterBlock

Marathon Trainer
I think for me it was Hippopotas (sp?) with its bizarre cartoon eyes, at first I thought it was from a Mario game or something. Anyone else think this?

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Gliscor.It was completley random for gligar.
Lickilickity-Random
Frolass and Gallade-Gender evolution goes a long way.

WriterBlock

Marathon Trainer
Darn it I misread the post title before! I would edit but my computer won't let me?? Anyway, I think Electivire was pretty shocking when it first appeared, I always thought Electabuzz was a pretty solid battler, and then comes an evo which turned it into a killing machine lol.

Namikaze

The One and Only
togetic's evo. never thought that such a horrible poke can evolve to play so many roles and be soo useful to my teams

pikakid

jirachi killer
i was shocked by polygon z but i have always love that family they needed a final evo

rangersgreg

Draco Alliance
Magmortar, I was expecting something good......

togetic's evo. never thought that such a horrible poke can evolve to play so many roles and be soo useful to my teams

same. It turned quite decent , I always hated the 2nd evol of tegepi but now it looks a bit better.

i also feel the same for tangela.