• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Alola Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The Final Stage Only?

Which Alola Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The Final Stage Only?

• Decidueye

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Incineroar

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Primarina

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I know this has been done before, but I was thinking of making topics and polls of my own on which starter is your favorite based on each form. Now remember, each of you will obviously have opinions on this and I will have mine as well.

So this topic is which of the Alola Starters do you like based on their first stage only? Mine is Incineroar.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Incineroar is one of all time favorites. It's cute how a small cat can evolve into a menacing beast that with Professor Kukui's Incineroar was still portrayed as actually being really kind. I do like the others as well and think the Alola Starters are all well balanced both design wise and learnset wise as well. But Fire types are what i usually choose.

Last edited:

The_Orb

I'm surprised about the Decidueye results. Even with only 9 votes I expected Rowlet's evo to be the most popular.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I'm surprised about the Decidueye results. Even with only 9 votes I expected Rowlet's evo to be the most popular.
Apparently I’m the only one at the time of this post. But I like the ghost owl archer Alola form and the Rōnin-like archer Hisui form is also awesome. Both forms are my top two of the 4 final evolutions of the starters.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Primarina for sure! Super majestic, great typing and movepool, and the clear ideal choice to breeze through Alola playthroughs.

raichu27

I would say Decidueye. I kinda like Torracat more, due to its design. I don't dislike Incineroar, though.

treatyofversigh

I was SO excited when the final evos were released because I love mermaids, so Primarina's obviously my fave! I wasn't a fan of where the Litten line went, though I like the typing. Decidueye does look pretty cool, even though it's not my first pick.

From the pre-release trailers for the Sun & Moon video games, Incineroar was way too serious looking, given the fact that it's a tiger anthropomorphized as a heel fighter. Decidueye was almost the same thing with the archery looks blended with the owl shape. Primarina is basically the only Pokémon that I like based on looks only - It looks like a crossing between pinnipeds and the merfolk (or selkies for that matter). But those are just my parents' opinions.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Quite frankly, it was hard to pick one out of the three since I like them all so much. I think Gaogaen (Incineroar) is the best-looking one, however I think Junaiper (Decidueye) and Ashirene (Primarina) have better type combinations.

jaden767

Amphetamine
Primarina is really cool. I love its ingame cry and it looks awesome. I remember worrying what Popplio would evolve into but Primarina was a breath of fresh air.