• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which anime character has the biggest chances of pulverizing game protagonists?

Psajdak

Anime characters can use every Pokemon that they own(ed) in anime, and game protagonists can use every Pokemon they are able to have in games, including transfers from previous gens at maximum level.

This anime franchise have been around for 1000+ episodes now, with countless different characters; there must be a few of them who could absolutely crush game protagonists into dust, right?

DayQuil95

Quite hard to tell, the protagonists are usually there as templates for the player rather than their own individual character like other games, so their skill can't be properly measured, mainly when you are comparing them with characters from a vastly different universe with different battling style and sets of rules. So there's gonna be lots of assumptions here.
First, if you meant the game characters in the anime, then we will have to assume the game characters are used to the more unorthodox battling style from the anime, as opposed to assuming they are limited to turn-based battles where their Pokémon would stay still and take hits like champs, which of course, being an RPG, is a deconstruction of the actual battle that is up to the player's imagination rather than what we see. In this scenario, I'd say the game characters would beat most, if not all anime characters, in spite of being prodigious characters that are capable of sweeping a whole region on their first try. But with how creative the anime characters are, I'd say the likes of Ash would definitely be capable of getting a win by outwitting their opponents.
Now, in another scenario, if the anime characters are in the game, then it gets just as complicated, but at the same time simple. Assuming the anime characters have their peak teams, with top-notch experience of the battling system in the game; I'd say at least 90% of the anime characters would get rekt. Protagonists would have optimized teams of their choices, while the likes of Ash would be severely restricted by not being as out of the box with their strategies. However, the characters that were shown to utilize competitive strategies in the anime would most likely do pretty well; Conway with his Trick Room Dusknoir and Power Trick Shuckle, the frontier brains in general, Volkner, and others.
In general, I think that thematically there'd be no way to beat the protagonists in virtue of how ridiculously OP they are, but realistically I can see the aforementioned Conway, frontier brains, Volkner, and Paul, who showcases traits of competitive players who know what they are doing, would have high chances of beating the protagonists that were relatively limited in comparison to others, like Gen 1 - Gen 3 protagonists, but from that point on, I'm not sure if they'd win.
I might be giving too much credit to the games, I might be underestimating the anime characters, I dunno, but that's just how I view things between the games and anime.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Not a single character in the anime could even hope to defeat an in-game protagonist with access to all their mons, especially when there's players out there with teams of Lv100 Arceus holding various Plates.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Takuto maybe, but if we're assuming that game protagonists would have access to Legendaries and Mythicals too, then it would probably be an even fight. It's hard to tell for sure however since the anime doesn't have levels the way the games do, at least not past early OS.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Goh and not even a competition there. The kid is far more prodigious than your usual player character.
We're better than Goh when we played Pokemon Go, the guy took one week to capture at least 1 Pokemon and we're far exceed his numbers. And even if he managed to fully evolve Cinderace & Inteleon, we can make them evolve faster because we aren't restricted to episodic appearences unlike him.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
We're better than Goh when we played Pokemon Go, the guy took one week to capture at least 1 Pokemon and we're far exceed his numbers. And even if he managed to fully evolve Cinderace & Inteleon, we can make them evolve faster because we aren't restricted to episodic appearences unlike him.
He got his with a single fling of a ball.

We are meanwhile cheated by Lady Luck.