• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which anime series is your favorite?

Which anime series is your favorite?

• The main series

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • Pokémon Origins

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Pokémon Generations

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Pokémon Chronicles

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Twilight Wings

• Pokétoon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokémon Evolutions

• Hisuian Snow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Anime is absurdly long, though. More than half of its episodes can be easily discarded.
Even if you take all those "easily discarded" episodes, it'd still be much longer than what any of these other series provide.

Ignition

Even those canon episodes don't help much in actual character development, but rather badge development.
Not like these side series do much of that either and even then they don't have to worry about nearly as much like the main anime does.

Ignition

I don't think the anime worries as much given the massive number of fillers and overall lack of time limits, though...
Massive is an exaggeration and again even if you exclude the filler there's still a lot of characters/plot lines it focuses on regardless of execution. These miniseries don't have nearly as much to focus on.

Peluched49

Those two aren't safe from criticism, though. FA had to do an anime series that was too filler-y and off-track from the source material before doing it right, and HxH updates once in a blue moon (whenever the author feels like it, emphasis on "like it").

Trust me i have my criticisms on both, nothing escapes me. But just looking at the genre as a whole, these are the best handled ones.

I am actually one of those people that prefer the og FMA series but think the second deserves the praise it gets. Same with HxH 99, i prefer it over 2011 up until the it gets to greed island stuff. HxH has no ending in sight, its been 5 years already, honestly im just contempt with what i got in the ant arc. Togashi just comes back when he's short of money lol

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
FA had to do an anime series that was too filler-y and off-track from the source material before doing it right,
I mean there really wasn't much choice (aside from bloating it with a lot of actual filler) since the manga was still ongoing. I prefer B, but I do respect a lot of the things 03 did

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Also with Togashi it's more that he can't as long as he keeps wanting to be the one to draw it, considering he said he's in a lot of pain from just sitting down

SerenaRulez

The main series because some of my favorite characters came from there. But Chronicles has some great episodes too like the Team Rocket origin episode which I love. :)