1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which Anime Would You Like To Have A Live-Action Adaption?

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Lucille, May 26, 2009.

1. Lucille

Lucille Well-Known Member

Basically this thread is about what anime you would like to see have a live-acion counterpart/adaption.

Examples of live-action animes are:
    Dragonball Evolution
    Death Note
    Death Note II : The Last Name
    L: Change The WorLd

Personally, I think a Bleach live-action movie would be awesome!

2. Luke Groundwalker

Luke Groundwalker the WORLD.

Yu-Gi-Oh in live-action with Zac Efron as Seto Kaiba.

3. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

Lupin the 3rd. I have never seen the anime, (i should), but I think it would translate into live action very well.

4. Lucille

not all live action movies are bad. Most are, but some meet expectations

5. Terrac

Terrac Fear the Tomato!

how would you know that it's akin to an acid trip?!
    anyway...
    it'd be cool to have a yugioh one, but there's not enough hair-gel in the world for all of the actors...

6. Dragonphantom

Dragonphantom Banned

I would like to see Gravitation as a Live-Action x3

7. Luke Groundwalker

Luke Groundwalker the WORLD.

All you need is to CG it or give them plastic head pieces.

8. latios reborn

latios reborn Well-Known Member

It all depends.. If you know the anime series you automatically think it's going to be crap, in which most cases they are.

But to people that have no idea about who's who etc may actually like it. Case in point with DB I thought it ws meh but my friend did like it.

9. coolespeon

coolespeon I dont know.

Iwon´t see more live actions since dragonball evolution appeared.

10. Ludi-Cola

Ludi-Cola Drink Responsibly

It depends whether the goal is to capture more of the "look" of the charas or the "feel" of the storyline. Highly stylized charas such as Luffy, Yugi, and Goku will never find perfect real-world counterparts and anyone heading to a live-action film expecting such will probly be disappointed. The "feel" of those and other manga creations howev I think could be captured given the right staff (director, writer, producer, etc). It is important to remember that while many manga/anime have worldwide fans the tastes of each country are a little different, so a movie can be a hit in some places but completely miss the mark elsewhere. A recent ex: DB Evolution performed much better overseas than it did in US. Does that mean Asian fans saw a different/better movie? No. But were they expecting/wanting a different kind of movie? Possibly.
    I personally wld like a live-action version of Karin aka Chibi Vampire, having an interest in both romantic comedy and horror. (I'm weird like that...) Just thinking of a real-world Kenta has me almost in a nosebleed myself! Yes, I know he's supposed to have a scary face. I never saw it like that <__<

11. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior Well-Known Member

Well...there was one...but that wasn't serious.

I'm all for a serious live-action adaptation of Lupin III, the only problem would be that blasted Estate of Maurice LeBlanc would want loads of money >>

Rumbling Hearts would translate into a live-action film VERY well I think. Black Cat could be made into a pretty cool live-action movie, or couple of films. I'd also like to see a live-action adaptation of Elfen Lied, if anything to see it get banned.

12. Archimedes

Archimedes Not Dead Yet

One shouldn't expect it to be considering considering the subject matter. Even the original manga could get so tongue-in-cheek that scar tissue could barely form over the wounds. An adaptation should be no different. That said, it would certainly translate to live-action much more easily than most of the adaptations out there.

And while we're on the subject of animu gone live-action, anyone seen the trailer for Tezuka's MW? Anyone seen it with subs for that matter? Can't find them anywhere.

13. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Like I said somewhere else on this forum, Tales of Symphonia!

14. Lucille

I think a Pokemon Live Action movie would be kinda cool to see

15. Alloute

Alloute Banned

Death Note, but a better version, one that would include ALL the plots and characters.

Nothing else, maybe Bleach? Idk...

16. palingensia

palingensia amends

No anime should have a live action movie unless it's as good as the anime itself.

I'm looking at you, DBZ.

17. bookist

bookist Well-Known Member

Majin neougami neuro or whatever its called wouldn't be terrible, that and the fact that the only real 'new' special effect would be neuro.

18. cascade88

cascade88 < go ask alice >

I more than concur.

19. Gentleman Skeleton

Gentleman Skeleton Well-Known Member

What I'm about to say I don't want, but I know it's inevitable somewhere in the world. InuYasha. Considering Twilight made some chick a shitload of money, this is the next logical step. Whoever comes up with the screenplay will be snorting cocaine off a $10,000/night protitute's cleavage...

...I'll be right back.

20. Lucille

InuYasha? I agree with you, it could be the new Twilight;)