• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which arc of Pokemon did you like Ash Ketchum the most?

Which arc of Pokemon did you like Ash Ketchum the most?

• Kanto

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Orange Islands

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 28 33.3%
  • Battle Frontier

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Unova

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I liked all of the arcs up until B/W. Now the anime just annoys me. Every time Iris says, "What a kid", I feel like throttling her. XD

johno1995

Of course not. Ash tried to pick a fight against Breloom with his bare fists, he yelled at Brock to "Shut Up!" when he lost to Brawly, there's the scenes between him and May or Max at various points, and all the Ash Treecko/Grovyle scenes.

AG Ash was a very nice mix between his old Kanto/Johto self and what he'd eventually become in DP, where he lost a lot of his personality but remained strong.

He still had his temper and he was a bit of a hot-head still. Also, don't forget his rivalry with Morrison -- that entire episode ("Less is Morrison" I think?) showed off a lot of Ash's personality.

Voted for Hoenn. Had the perfect balance of Ash being a dork but also showing maturity. Kanto Ash was hilarious, my 2nd favorite personality. Johto & Sinnoh Ash seemed bland personality-wise but at least Sinnoh had amazing battles and a great team for Ash to work with, BW's a step in the right direction personality-wise but really disappointing how they dumbed him down compared to how much he's grown as a trainer throughout AG and DP.

Ash is a very up-and-down character in terms of development lol.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Hoenn and Unova

Unova he seems like his kanto and hoenn self put together
But his Hoenn Personality was the perfect blend of maturity with humor, while sinnoh ash is just to bland

deoxys4ever

pokeshipper
I liked all of the arcs up until B/W. Now the anime just annoys me. Every time Iris says, "What a kid", I feel like throttling her. XD

same i would love if they made a episode where ash shows off his old pokemon too iris and say's too iris whos a kid now rofl.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I'm suprised so many people liked Ash when he had his puberty voice... I think the original Ash was the best.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Kanto: I enjoyed Ash very much. During my 5th grade Halloween party I dressed up as Ash XD fun times. He was funny, energetic, full of life and even though he was a rookie he took on anyone for a battle.

Orange Islands: Same as Kanto really.

Johto: Here's where Ash's character began to drag. He got better as a trainer but his character was lagging. But to be honest I felt everyone in Johto were long pass their primes anyway.

Hoenn: This revived Ash's character and put a new spin on him. He was the experienced veteran trainer. Part of me kinda wished Brock had stayed out of the group just so Ash could have been the main authority/father figure of the group. It really showed his best sides as a trainer, great team, group dynamic. Hoenn Ash is so underrated but I loved this new side of him. If Ash's story had ended in Hoenn I would have been complete. Awesome Ash.

BF: He was starting to get dull for me now, surprisingly after the awesomeness of Hoenn Ash, but I still enjoyed him for the most part.

Sinnoh: I will always remember Sinnoh Ash as the first Ash I didn't truly like. I didn't hate him, but he really got boring and bland here. But he was still a good Pokemon trainer and had good characters and Pokemon to bounce off of like Paul, Barry, Chimchar, sometimes Dawn, and a few Gym Leaders. While I found him boring and way past his prime he was still a great trainer and at the peak of his power and I could still tolerate him enough to watch.

Unova: I can't think of anything positive to say other then at least they were trying to bring back his old Kanto feel, and those days are long gone. They should have kept going forward.

So it's a tie between Hoenn and Kanto for me.

In Kanto Ash was the coolest character ever,in Johto he was still the coolest and was badass,in Hoenn he became more mature and skillfull as a pokemon trainer,in Sinnoh he did become more mature then ever before and more powerful as a trainer but he was just plain boring and bland,Unova he is cool and full of personality, he also have the best team in the Unova region ....

You are wrong about many things in your post,bestest is a word since i look it up to make sure that it was correct.You are wrong about Ash's Sinnoh team since the only pokemon that were powerhouses on that team were Pikachu ,Buizel,Infernape ,Staraptor and Gliscor, Torterra wasn't a powerhouses since he lost a lot of battles,this team wasn't all that powerful as you are trying to make them seem.It is also an opinion about Ash having growth in the DP series, but he was still boring and bland in the DP series.

Who says bestest? That's not what I was taught in school. I just never heard anyone speak like that. Usually people say best when they talk but if that's a word and you choose to talk like that then fine with me :) And wow, did you realize you named off 5 out of 7 of Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon as being powerhouses if you don't include Aipom which he traded. That's a lot of Powerhouses to have in one region. Torterra may have not had any wins but he had some great matches and before he evolved he was very strong as well. And Gible was caught late into the series and yet Tobias still praised its Draco Meteor saying that it could have taken out any Pokemon except his Darkrai. And like I said, if you think he's boring and bland that's fine but Ash definitely did grow. I mean that's obvious. He made it to the Top 4 which is way further than he ever made it in a League and he beat strong opponents like Nando, Conway and Paul to get to the Final 4 and he was also the only one to beat Tobias' Darkrai.

pakin

I liked him in Johto quite frankly. Not to childish, but not to serious. (that's what she said.)

Anywhoo, the Hoenn one was pretty cool also, and so was Orange Islands. I stopped watching the anime after Hoenn, so I could care less

deoxys4ever

pokeshipper
I'm suprised so many people liked Ash when he had his puberty voice... I think the original Ash was the best.

i loved the original as well which is why i voted for kanto i just wished the pokemon company would rehire veronica taylor the original voice actor of ash back sarah natochenny just dont sound like the ash that we loved in kanto orange island's johto and the half of hoenn.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Of course not. Ash tried to pick a fight against Breloom with his bare fists, he yelled at Brock to "Shut Up!" when he lost to Brawly, there's the scenes between him and May or Max at various points, and all the Ash Treecko/Grovyle scenes.

AG Ash was a very nice mix between his old Kanto/Johto self and what he'd eventually become in DP, where he lost a lot of his personality but remained strong.

Now that you mention it, I do recall the episode where he got upset and told Brock to shut up. I still thought he was boring in Hoenn, though. That saga seemed to focus more on the Pokemon than on the human characters.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I liked Hoenn Ash the best with BF Ash and Sinnoh Ash as my 2nd and 3rd favorites. I also liked Kanto Ash. I'm indifferent to Orange islands and Johto Ash and I'm not a fan of BW Ash at all.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I liked Ash in DP even though some people thought that he wasn't funny. I don't give a Horsea's scales about that. I'm glad that they show that he could be more than a big joke all the time and actually grow a tad.(minus not aging:()

Skywardswordsman

Call me Sky.
I liked him most in Hoenn because he was funny and serious at the same time. I really didn't like him in Sinnoh because he was way too serious.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I liked him in Sinnoh. Paul brought out his seriousness. It's that seriousness that helped him actually improve.

same i would love if they made a episode where ash shows off his old pokemon too iris and say's too iris whos a kid now rofl.

That would be funny. n_n

One look at Glalie should be enough to make Iris piss herself.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

I like the contrast from how immature and funny he was in the OS to the maturity and progression he made through AG and DP.

The ending of DP showed how far he had come on his journey and actually gave us a feeling that he had gotten somewhere in his 15 years few months of travelling.

All in all, i liked him in each arc (saga) for different reasons, until BW of course which ruined this.

Zya

ロバート
Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. I just can't decide between funny, maturity and strength.

But...we haven't even seen the full Unova arc yet! I'm sure it'll get better. They improved so much with anime quality and effects, I'm sure they're going to improve Ash's story in Unova. I hope they release an episode that will just blow us away. We'll just have to wait.

Profesco

gone gently
I'm going to be echoing a lot of posts here by saying my top two were Kanto and Hoenn Ash. Kanto because he was hilarious - every third sentence was a pun or a joke of some kind - and Hoenn because we finally got to see him doing serious and consistent training and growing with his Pokemon.

Necro101

I would have to go with the Hoenn arc because it was more serious and stuff actually happened and there was a good mixture of Ash's childish and mature personality.

RAWK ON

Status
Not open for further replies.