• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which arc of Pokemon did you like Ash Ketchum the most?

Which arc of Pokemon did you like Ash Ketchum the most?

• Kanto

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Orange Islands

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 28 33.3%
  • Battle Frontier

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Unova

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Encyclopika

The Queen
I see that discussion has spun off-topic. Get it back on-topic. Thanks.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Eh, I'm biased towards Sinnoh, he was his coolest there imo, but Hoenn was also quite something

Bluelatios*

C'mon you guys, can't you just accept that each person here has their own opinion? Nobody is wrong here ok? Anyways, I'm going to go with Hoenn Ash because it was simply a good mix. He wasn't too strong like in BF and DP, he still had his original English voice actress who was given a good script, and he wasn't a completely degraded n00b like in BW. Although I admit, I really liked the humor of OG and Johto but it was nice to see some more spirit and skill in Hoenn.

Last edited:
Me lieky Hoenn Ash, Johto Ash and BW Ash

I like Hoenn Ash since it was the beginning of his maturity and of course his old VA was still voicing him around that time. I really like that he was mellow but still has his impulsive self. Ash in Johto was how I liked about him in the OS, he was starting to come up with clever strategies to overcome his disadvantages. BW Ash (haters gonna hate) for his returning humor and I don't mind the reset for him, he can still do great like he did in Ag and DP.

RickHoenn

Banned
1. Kanto, Orange & Johto Ash -> This was the cooler Ash IMO, I remember in that Casey episode he called himself an expert. :')
2. Hoenn, Battle Frontier -> He seemed more mature here.
3. Unova, Sinnoh - I liked him in both arcs but he seemed a little bland in DP and a little childish in BW.

All Ashes were awesome tbh. =)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I never really cared for the funny aspects of Ash...I don't know, but Ash seemed like he was the most humanistic in Sinnoh, he showed actual feelings and got depressed when his friends were sad. Every other series Ash just had this "Okay, I see your problem, but I'm gonna deal with my own"

zeno48

Zaker!
I don't think i can say this saga since he is not acting like i want him to act. He has to be more assertive and potentially i don't feel he is quite at the level of a champion. He is a lot better but compared to diamond and pearl and AG i feel this saga doesn't highlight ashes strong qualities as a fearsome trainer. He is just so bland to me that i've grown quite tired of him.

BlueDragonfangirl

I like Ash each series, I can't decide.

Sayho1234

Hoenn Ash for me. He finally reached the level of maturity & confidence that Gary had displayed at the end of the Orange Islands saga.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Sinnoh. Pretty much the only arc I liked him in to be honest. I thought his characterization was the best in that arc. ^_^

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
Ash was the best in Kanto, by far.
I'm not sure why everyone says he was so great in the Hoenn series; it was because of his lame, robotic personality in that series (as well as some other factors) that made me stop watching the show for good back in '03.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm not sure why everyone says he was so great in the Hoenn series; it was because of his lame, robotic personality in that series (as well as some other factors) that made me stop watching the show for good back in '03.

How on earth did you find him robotic back then? Its his personality in that series which was everything he was supposed to be developing towards.

Blessed

They're not all for hoenn, they go for sinnoh too.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They're not all for hoenn, they go for sinnoh too.

Which proves something. Lots of people love the Kanto/Orange Ash for nostalgia, humor and him being a rookie, but to actually see him go from that to an experienced trainer where he actually knew what he was doing was excellent, and was a perfect example of where Ash's character was supposed to go.

He was getting bland in DP, but at least he was the strongest in all the series there. If BW didn't regress him I'd say it was done for the best.

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Hmm, in Kanto he was definitely humorous, but I felt it was more because Pokemon was a 90s anime back then.
But then again mature Ash in Hoenn was pretty hot too.

Sinnoh was probably the only saga, where Ash's character was pretty 'meh', even though I usually love him.

So, in the end, I'm gonna say Unova. He's back being funny and idiotic and that what makes him so lovable. : D

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
How on earth did you find him robotic back then? Its his personality in that series which was everything he was supposed to be developing towards.

I just preferred Kanto Ash. He was funnier, but also very driven as well. He had a ton of determination in that series, but also had heart and loads of personality. His character struck an excellent balance. He was great in Johto as well. But once Hoenn began, he got too robotic, lost his sense of humor that he had in the Kanto/Johto series, and just wasn't as good, in my opinion. It's just my opinion, since I tend to prefer Gen I/II of the Pokemon TV series.

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
Why? He was an idiot.

He really wasn't. He was a young boy just starting out on a Pokemon journey. He was mad determined throughout that series (maybe even more so than any other series in the entire anime), and he had a great sense of humor and personality to match. His friendships were also deeper in the Kanto series (remember, other than Pikachu, Brock and Misty are his best friends to this day). By the time Hoenn and Sinnoh came around, he lost that great personality, and it got really lame. All he did in those series was say "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" and Team Rocket would go blasting off. This also has to do with my opinion that the Hoenn and Sinnoh series had absolutely no storylines to them. At least BW is starting to get back to basics; the storyline in that series is pretty decent, and Ash has that sense of humor again. He got too "alpha" in Hoenn and Sinnoh, in my opinion.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I just preferred Kanto Ash. He was funnier, but also very driven as well. He had a ton of determination in that series, but also had heart and loads of personality. His character struck an excellent balance. He was great in Johto as well. But once Hoenn began, he got too robotic, lost his sense of humor that he had in the Kanto/Johto series, and just wasn't as good, in my opinion. It's just my opinion, since I tend to prefer Gen I/II of the Pokemon TV series.

But he wasn't robotic. He had plenty of personality, he was still rash and he still had some humor value.

He started to get a bit bland when DP was going, but not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.