1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which Ash do you think is the better character?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by mehmeh1, Aug 8, 2018.

?

Which?

1. Kanto Ash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. OI Ash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Johto Ash

3.4%
  4. Hoenn/BF Ash

20.7%
  5. Sinnoh Ash

10.3%
  6. Unova/DA Ash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Kalos Ash

31.0%
  8. Alola Ash

34.5%
  1. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen Well-Known Member

I recently had time to binge watch all the movies recently, so that's going to be heavily weighing in on my opinion. I honestly felt like OS Ash was the best in terms of personality. He had a rather charming sense of self-importance (really thinking punching Mewtwo would work) and had some moment I really had some sense of empathy for him rather than my usual hate-apathy reaction to him (Spell of the Unown and its entirety). Then again, this is me judging a character based on the amount of empathy or sympathy I have for him, so it's not me actually analyzing his character.

Pokegirl Fan~ and satopi like this.
  2. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

AG Ash
    He's the perfect blend of competent battler and personality.

DP Ash would be closest to second with his rivalry with Paul, interactions with Brock and Dawn, his battling skills....
    OS
    Unova was a terrible battler and too much personality
    Alola chooses to focus on his personality more than battles......
    Kalos was competent battler, little to no personality. He lost the damn League and felt nothing!

satopi likes this.
  3. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush Rising Star

I actually like Ash in SM. I feel he’s funny and he has more personality than he did in XY. Plus, I do enjoy the slapstick humor of SM. Next I have to go with BW Ash. While I don’t like they had Ash regress to a noob, he had a lot of personality, which XY Ash severly lacked.

My next choice would have to be OS Ash, followed by AG Ash, DP Ash, and lastly XY Ash.

4. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Above and beyond. [I]The[/I] DP critic

OS (all of it)>SM>AG>BW=XY>>>DP.

OS Ash reigns above all in terms of "character important to the story".
    I'll be voting Johto, since I can't pick "all".

SM Ash is works very well as a supporting protagonist to the others.

AG Ash was hot-headed as always but still retained his intelligence.

BW Ash somehow lost much of his intelligence but didn't have as much cockiness as OS Ash.
    XY Ash was too perfect and rarely displayed hints of flaws he once had.

DP Ash randomly decided to forgive his rival's actions when it went against everything he stood for as a Trainer.

satopi likes this.
  5. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, if not for that one moment staining him, how would you rank DP Ash otherwise?

6. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Above and beyond. [I]The[/I] DP critic

Probably 3rd or 4th. DP Ash also didn't give Ash a lot of humor from what I remember of it. XY also took his humor, but ramped up his power so much it became funny in itself.

7. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen Well-Known Member

This is the kid that forgave someone for killing him and forgave someone who betrayed him. I'm sure that it's not too far out of character for Ash to be that forgiving.

8. satopi

satopi All hail Satomine Night!

DP Ash had his moments where he was comical, like his dancing moments.

I see Ash as a forgive but don't forget type of person. Ash does dislike some people but he chooses to move forward from those events (and besides, he just knew in his heart that Alan was manipulated and remorseful. I never saw him forgive Lysandre and Bonnie sure didn't forgive him!) Funny on how the people who tried killing Ash ends up dying.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  9. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Well-Known Member

but the 2 that DID kill (our) ash (gengar/haunter/gastly, mew/mewtwo) went off on relatively good terms with him

satopi likes this.
  10. Zhydra

Zhydra Well-Known Member

I don't remember the ghosts that well, but I think that was a gag and the two psychic pokemon... in their defense, ASH RAN INTO THE CROSSFIRE!

TheWanderingMist and satopi like this.