• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which background(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which background or backgrounds did you use in X/Y?

Did you use one throughout the entire game or did you cycle through just a few or all of them?

In my current X play-through I'm using the background called "Starters".

In past play-throughs of these games (I can't remember which one's I used in which games at the moment) I used the following:

- Polka Balls (I think that's what it's called)
- Cockpit (calling it now: the first part of that gets censored Nevermind)
- Eevee/Eveelutions (The one with the Eeveelutions, obviously)

I believe that's all.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've been using the "Starters" background on Y for a long time, since close to the start of my adventure. I'm so used to it that I don't think I'll ever change it.

On X, I used the "Eevee" one during my first playthrough. I couldn't remember which one I had on my current file, so I checked and saw it was the default one. I think I completely forgot about the battle background feature when I was playing through that save file. Anyway, I decided to change it something more interesting and ended up picking "Stickers" because it looks like it would be my sister's favourite background.

Kalosian

So long
Checked both of my games today. I had picked the Starters background on X and the Monochrome background on Y. I don't think there was any reason behind those choices, I just picked two that seemed cool and went with them. I don't think I ever looked through all of the backgrounds either. I didn't really care much about this feature so I didn't put much thought into it. Which I kind of regret in retrospect since it is a pretty cool feature now that I think about it. I might look through all of them and see if I can find any real favorites when I'll go back to playing X/Y for a short while in the future.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I picked the starters one on both X and Y. I liked how bright and colourful it was so I went for that one. I used a couple of other ones in Y but always ended up back to the starters one.

I decided to take my best guesses at what backgrounds I used for my first files of X and Y (at least):

X - I want o say it was the Eeveelutions background
Y - I'm pretty sure it was the Cockpit background I picked for this one

I think I used the Tatami background in my second one, but I'm really fond of the cockpit, so I've been using that one in runs after that.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I used to use the Cockpit and Carbon backgrounds, but I recently discovered that I really like the Tatami background, so that's what I've been using most recently.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I used the Starters background on my Y version if I remember right and I used the Eevee background on X version. I like the backgrounds and all, but if I'm being honest I didn't pay much attention to them cuz they're such a minor X/Y feature ha ha. Mostly they're just pretty to look at. :]

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I use the Monochrome background. I usually like black/white designs the most.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I don't remember if i changed my bg or not.

I'm sure, if i did, it woulda been pink. I'm pretty much obsessed with that color lol

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I changed my background, and I use the eeveelution one! ^_^ I really really like eevee and all his evolutions :3

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
For X, I used the Eeveelutions background because I'm a fan of Eevee and its evolutions since I got into Pokémon. Have to say that it's my favourite background.

For Y, I used the Starters background because it just looked nice.

Both backgrounds were quite colourful too.

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
Elegant bg always. Purple is my favorite color, no shame!

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've been using the Starters battle menu background in both X version and Y version for months, although I was initially using the Monochrome background in Y and the Polka Ball background on X when I first bought the games.

Ghost94

Too bad these backgrounds weren't included in Sun and Moon, hopefully Ultra Sun and Moon will bring them back

Status
Not open for further replies.