• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which base 600 Pokemon is your favorite?

Which is your favorite base 600 Pokemon?

• Dragonite

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Mew

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Tyranitar

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Celebi

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Salamence

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Metagross

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Latias

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Latios

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Jirachi

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which base 600 is your favorite?
I like them all a lot.
Dragonite: A very powerful Pokemon. Its looks do not reflect this though... Dragonite has constantly been improving but with the addition of Earthquake in RS it has jumped a few places in the tier list.
Mew: A very variable uber. It has well rounded stats and learns any move accessible by TMs, HMs, move tutors, etc.
Tyranitar: Tyranitar is yet another very powerful Pokemon that can use a wide variety of movesets with its nice stat spread.
Celebi: Has the same base stats as Mew but not the same movepool. Celebi being part grass is generally considered a disadvantage because Grass+Psychic do not work fantastically together. However, Celebi is the icon of these forums...(whether that is good or bad is debatable).
Salamence: Salamence has some of the highest stats in the game and it has impressive sweeping stats/
Metagross: Metagross has well spread stats. It also has Agility countering its lower speed stat. This Pokemon with Agility is very hard to beat. I would know...
Latias-People often cannot decide if the Latis are uber. Some people think they should be uber whether thay have Soul Dew or not. Latias does not have the best stats but it has a fantastic type combo, movepool and ability. The Latis are like the Nidos, but uber.
Latios- Again, the Latis can be considerd OU/Standard with a Soul Dew. If the guys at the smogon forums had been clever enough, they would have created a borderline uber category for the Latis, Wobbuffet, Deoxys-E, Blissey, Starmie, Metagross, etc. Latios is quite strong with well spread stats and its defenses are only slightly below average.
Jirachi- With balanced stat and easy HP recovery, Jirachi does fine in OU/Standard battling. It is not uber because of its movepool.
Deoxys- Quite similar to Deoxys-F but with extra defense and less attack. This is why I think that Deoxys>Deoxys-F
Deoxys-F- Very high attacking stats (obviously) at 180 each. With a base speed of 150, this Pokemon is a nice sweeper.
Deoxys-L- It can easily take attcks even if it has weaknesses to them. Deoxys-L is all based around defense and it is the best Pokemon for countering in uber gameplay.
Deoxys-E-IMO this is one of the better deoxys forms along with Deoxys-L. Deoxys-E is great in terms of surpless EVs aswell. Deoxys-E only need a few EVs to outspeed a Ninjask without speed boosts but a Speed raising Nature and Max Speed. This gives Deoxy-E the chance to use its EVs on other stats and to have more flexibility in terms of natures. For reasons beyond my understanding, Deoxys-E was almost put down as a Standard!! And the way things are going at the moment on the Smogon forums, Deoxys-E looks like it will be Standard in Double Battling.

I will vote for Deoxy-L as I favour defense over offense. Deoxys-F is my worst nightmare. Deoxy-F is easier to defeat than a Sunkern!! Explain that to me!!

Fighting_Master said:
The only one that I like there is Deoxys LG.
I mean, you need a Tank (literally) to take that thing down!

You know, that is just too true. If I had to choose one for 2nd place it would be latias. The uber version of Nidoqueen as I like to say.

It annoys me how the maximum options is 10. I always make it 15 on my forums.

SHUCKLE MAN said:
You know, that is just too true. If I had to choose one for 2nd place it would be latias. The uber version of Nidoqueen as I like to say.
hehe, Yeah!

For my second place I'd have to say Tyranitar.
Yet its ability is its downfall.

Mawile XD

ello thar
How I love the vastly superior Dragonite...

It's Salamence for me! Tyranitar a close second! Celebi would have topped if I actually had one in the new generation games. When will it come to the UK?
Note: and yes - Tyranitar should not have an ability such as sandstorm. It wrecks my team on XD/Colosseum in those double battles!

E

Evanji Axu

Latias, I guess. I don't care for juggernauts like Salamence or Metagross.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I like mew i guess. I remember using the Mew glitch in yellow to catch the only (Well, probably the only) Mew i'll ever own. Dragonite's my second favourite though. I've always liked that guy. I also like Lati@s. Then, i don't really like anybody 'cause i don't use the other ones.

Still, I like my little mew. *Hugs it*

-Freedom'sWarrior-

Wolf, and proud.
I love Dragonite! They're so strong yet so kawaii!^^

It is strange to see that Dragonite is winning. And over Salamence. Dragonite brings back so many memories from when it had the 2nd highest stat total in the game in the 1st gen.

Definitely Salamence. Been waiting for a cool Dragon since RBY, and Salamence filled the bill awfully well. His well-placed Stats, excellent Movepool and awesome looks make him my favorite.

I'm also rather fond of both Latios and Latias. Mostly Latias, for she's cute and hot. But they were an important part in a Fic I used to write, and naturally got attached to them. ^^

I also like Metagross and Dragonite. :eek:

Volteon

Back I guess??
Let´s do it again =D

Excluding legends
Salamence>Metagross>>>>>>>>dragonite

just legends:
Latias>Latios>Deoxys>Mew>jirachi>celebi

Altogheter
Latias>Latios>Salamence>Metagross>Deoxys>Mew>Jirachi>celebi>>>>>>dragonite

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
Erm I'm not partial to any but I'll say Metagross cuz i like Steels.

*$hinydragonite*

Back after 1 year+
Dragonite. my shiny one's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.