• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

which came first the Arceus or the Mew?

which pokemon existed first?

• Mew

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Arceus

Votes: 82 66.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinunTheFighter34

I drink soysauce.
Neither did.

Marx came first, fool!

Mew ftw >:O

Munchy.42

I know. Just because it is creator doesn't mean it is god. If it was the following things would happen:

1: Pokemon would end

2: Pokemon would be bashed by religious people

3: Arceus would be impossible to catch and n00bs would be like "ph3ar m3 1 h4v3 th3 g0d p0g3ym4n5!!!111"

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Arceus.

Arceus' pokedex description says it created the universe. Also, Mew is said to have the DNA of all pokemon, but it never said Mew CREATED pokemon.

palkia1

Palkia Lover
Well i'd have to say Arceus. It created time and space and all that stuff, so Mew wouldn't probably even be around without it, so i say Arceus

palkia1

Palkia Lover
Mew. Creator of pokemon cdomes before god of pokemon(creator duh!)

Where does it say that Mew created Pokemon? I didn't hear anything about Mew physically creating every Pokemon. And Mew wouldn't even be able to exist without Arceus creating time and space would it. Mind you, that could only be in Sinnoh that Arceus did all that.

SuperStarly

Mew. Creator of pokemon cdomes before god of pokemon(creator duh!)

It says Mew is THOUGHT to be the ancestor of all pokemon, so we can't be sure. But is Arceus God? Who created him? That remains a mystery...

But is Arceus God? Who created him?

Nintendo, duh!

Anyway, I say Arceus. Mew is the DNA structure, end of story.

Pokedex excerpts:

"MEW is said to possess the genes of all Pokemon.

Because it can learn all kinds of moves, many scientists believe Mew to be the ancestor of all Pokemon."

Where does it say it was the first? Where does it say it created ANYTHING?

Now, Arceus:

"It is described in mythology as the Pokemon that created the universe with it's 1000 arms.

It is described in mythology that this Pokemon Pokemon existed before the Universe even existed."

That sort of wraps it up, right?

Normalize

Arceus in a Sinnoh Legend. It is a deity in Sinnoh like Palkia and Dialga but thoses rival other therioes of ho Kyogre, Groundon, and Rayquaza. Sinnoh says Arceus came first, Sinnoh says Arceus created all but Hoenn says K/G/R created all. Mew must have came first, in you watched the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew it shows a family tree of pokemon and it started with mew! So mew is all!

Profesco

gone gently
For crying out loud!!! Where do you people get the energy to sustain such misleading conceptions? Think before you speak.

Arceus was born from Chaos. It was the first being that ever existed in the Pokemon world. We only know for certain that it created Dialga and Palkia. Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf are somewhat blurry so far.

With Dialga's creation came time. With Palkia's came space. That's how the universe began. That's all we know about Arceus's powers of creation.

Groudon created the land and continents. Kyogre created the sea and oceans. Not Arceus. Arceus didn't create the world.

Mew created nothing! It is simply the genetic ancestor for all Pokemon not directly created from Arceus's self.

Props: Palkia1 for finally understanding the dynamic between Mew and Arceus
Slops: Munchy.42 for being the one to start slinging around irrelevant words like "God"

Status
Not open for further replies.