• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Champion was your hardest?

I'm going with Cynthia. Only because she had that Garchomp...And a Sitrus berry FOR that Garchomp, and then using a FULL RESTORE for that Garchomp. Honestly, what was Gamefreak thinking when they made her?

Last edited:

gamer_legend

Cynthia because even with a strategy in that battle she always put's up a fierce challange.

Shinku

neko, desu~
For me, my most vivid battles would be whilst battling Lance, how hard the dragons were at the time especially if you didn't have another dragon, ice or even electric types on you. I'm sure Cynthia was hard when I battled her, but I guess I'll just go with Lance ^^ for old times sake xD

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Cynthia.I had really hard time against her Garchomp,Milotic and Lucario in pearl but in platinum i burnt her down to cinders on the first try.:3

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
The original champion from R/B/Y and FR/LG. It was the first champion I ever faced, and it was my hardest. I was literally down to my Zapdos and Charizard when I won, and both were at low HP with no chances of restoring health (I had used all my potions).

Cynthia, surprisingly though, was easy for me. I guess Dragon Rush missing at the right moment helped that one along.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
I have never beat The FR/LG Champ. I've tried for years. And now I never will because my GBA is broken

ebevan91

Cynthia because of the freaking huge level gap.

My team was still in their late 40s/early 50s.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Has to be a tie between Lance and Cynthia.
Back in Crystal, my pokemon were around level 40-48 and his dragon pokemon were insane to beat. I had to resort to sacrificing Ursaring so I could send in Gengar with a free turn to unleash ice beam. And then on Diamond, all of my pokemon were level 50-57 and her Garchomp was destroying my team. It killed my Rapidash, my Floatzel and even my Weavile, it resorted to my Dialga to beat him.

I'll be suprised if anyone says Alder.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Out of all the Champions I have battled so far, it's rather a tie between our rival from R/B/Y and Lance in the original G/S/C. I had the most frustration when it came to these two. The final rival battle surprised me so much, I couldn't beat him the first time around, and I don't think even the second time. It was the same with Lance. I still freakin' hate his Dragonites because of that. I'm a bit happy they toned down his Dragonites in the remake, but even then, I do miss that harshness.

Despite Steel-types still being rather new to me, I had more fun with Steven than anything else, and I managed to beat him the first time around.

BlueNinja2

Cool Guy
Cynthia, just because of that purely OP garchomp. that thing always destroyed my team. she's even harder in black and white lol

voicerocker

Platinum Master
I had a good deal of trouble with Blue, Lance and Cynthia. The problem was getting through the Elite 4 with as little damage as possible and trying to keep from having any fainted before getting to the Champion. Though, I don't overly stock up on Potions and Revives or do any pre-challenge training.

Blue was just annoying because of his "I'm better than you!" attitude, and knowing he was the Champion and not being able to beat him...every rematch was like "I'M FINALLY GONNA BEAT YOU!!". So I'd say Blue was the hardest to beat, but Cynthia is a very close second.

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
Its got to be Lance of G/S/C. The Dragonite ripped apart my team like an angry kid attacking a pinata with a machete.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Gary in LF/FR.

He is a pretty difficult, even with Blastoise or Charizard. But with Venasaur I just cant win.

SmeargleArtist

I see dead people
Lance in the remake. Even though they were less overpowered than the original I found it difficult to counter each Dragonite.
Cynthia was really hard to, for obvious reasons (Garchomp)

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
Cynthia.

I just ould not beat her with my team. She kept on tearing me apart. I couldn't do anything. eventually I beat her by migrating over my old pokemon.

Blue comes in second. His team was well mixed but I knew what was coming since you battle him throughout the game. But I think he is the most... personal champion with the fact youfight him thoughout the game and he is often a challenge

atypicalorca

Bird Keeper
Cynthia. Just, wow. I mean, she was an all-around talented trainer, but she used types that I'm personally not very familiar with. So it was hard for me to strategize properly. Agh.

Flame Mistress

Not counting Alder, Cynthia. That freakin' Garchomp was so hard to beat. Took me like five tries to beat her at first, and only because of a lucky critical hit that managed to KO Garchomp. Spiritomb was also a challenge, since I heavily relied on type matchup back when I first started playing Pokemon.