• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Champion was your hardest?

Estellise

peachy
Cynthia and her Garchomp.

Da Man X

Cυrsιvε Rσcκs-DαMαπΧ
Lance & Cynthia.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
The original champion from R/B/Y and FR/LG. It was the first champion I ever faced, and it was my hardest. I was literally down to my Zapdos and Charizard when I won, and both were at low HP with no chances of restoring health (I had used all my potions).

Wow! You're at survival mode at the time, same goes for me against Steven in Sapphire. His metagross is a nightmare for me as salamence, Hydreigon, Bronzong, Dragonite, and Garchomp.

Cause I HATE FIGHTING POKEMON WITH 600 BASE STATS! UNFAIR JERKS!

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
None of them really gave me any trouble except Cynthia. She actually managed to KO one of my Pokemon and give me a little bit of trouble. Well, that was just the first time I played, but I guess I can say she was the hardest for me.

joep05

master of disaster
im an old man and have played pokemon ever since the beginning so have had a lot more shots at lance to get a battering, his gyarados tends to be the one to do that. the thing with cynthia is that she is a diverse trainer not specified to one type, half of stevens team are steel, wallaces are all water, half of alders team are bug, gary/blue/rival are all also diverse and a more diverse team poses as a threat to a whole team instead of say...a dragon type posing as a threat to most but not the steel or ice type etc.

for me i think it is indeed cynthia, milotic and garchomp are great competition

Ver-mont

I think Blue, I disagree with Cynthia, just because she has a garchomp doesn't mean she should be hard or champion at all in my opinion.

What, you disagree with other people struggling to beat her? That's kind of personal, you know.

And at least to me her Garchomp wasn't the problem, at all.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Blue wasn't even close to be a hard challenge to me. Not even close. Worst champion in every aspect :/

Cynthia with her Gaburias ;445; and Milokaross ;350; was a pain in the a*s. Lance was somewhat challenging too.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
First time fighting- Cynthia (the only easy Pokemon she had was Roserade and Togekiss)
Rematch- Blue (his Tyranitar and Heracross throws me off!)

Joshblue02

I'd say it's a tie between cynthia and lance, excluding alder and battling her in black and white for the sheer fact it tok me an hour or so trying to destroy garchomp

Must be Cynthia

cynthia like everyone else but in emerald i struggled with steven a bit

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
I'm going to be the old fart here and say Blue/Green, from Generation I. The jump in levels of his Pokemon from his last encounter is quite high. And you couldn't re-battle trainers in R/B/Y so unless you enjoy grinding in the wild, there's only so much experience your Pokemon can receive. It doesn't help that his well-balanced team consists of, essentially, the strongest non-legendary Pokemon of the generation. Worst of all, you have to face him after you've (likely just barely) beaten the Elite Four. Call me old fashioned, but the original champion gave me the most trouble. If I had to name a runner-up, it'd be DP Cynthia. Stupid Garchomp...

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Unlike it seems everyone else I didn't have any problem with Cynthia. I have always breezed right by her....

Anyway, I found your Rival from Firered hard....although that was my first game. Since then, only Alder has given me any real pause.