• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Champion was your hardest?

Suffice

Defying the odds
Cynthia(D/P), with Lance in close 2nd... Cynthia's Garchomp and Milotic were real pains to deal with.

I actually never had too much trouble with the champions. Strangely enough, it was often the lower Elite Four that gave me trouble. For example, long ago when I first got Ruby, I kept getting stuck on the second and third members. Once I beat the third Elite Four for the first time, however, I went straight past Drake and Steven pretty easily. I'd have to say overall, though, Cynthia would have to be the hardest. She might be the only champion I ever lost to on my first play through.

MonkeyX

Lance. Those stupid Dragonite gave me a hard time, I forget how I did against Blue but I don't think he was that hard, Palkia owns Cynthia's Garchomp and my Blaziken destroyed Steven easily.

MistyMayDawn

Pokémon Coordinator
For me it was Lance and Cynthia. Blue never gave me much trouble and I beat him with one try with my Blastoise.

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
Wallace, definitely.

I swept Blue (Gary) in Pokemon Yellow with my Pikachu and Aerodactyl, and I really swept the floor with Lance with my Feraligatr (multiple times at that).

But Wallace was a whole other story.......

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Probably GSC Lance. Besides the fact that his 'mons were overlevelled, there really weren't any good Ice types that you could use against him, and most Rock types flat-out sucked at that part of the game. It didn't help that I played Gold and he resisted my STAB attack.

MagmaGruntTéa

Girl with the 3DS
None of them really. My Pokemon are always over leveled so i usually have no problems with the champion. Especially Cynthia. I was so disappointed when i beat her on the first try. i expected a much larger challenge.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Steven, without a doubt. I still have a good long struggle with him in recent Ruby runs with that Metagross. Of course, this was my first game, so every champ after was a joke, especially Lance. Cynthia is a close second, getting my final pokemon down to 3 hp the first time I fought her.

Gomez025

1st & 2nd Gen champ!
Lance for me, considering he had two dragonites I had to deal with. Second up would probably be Gary since he has a variety of types that would give me a challenge.

EDIT: He had THREE dragonites I had to defeat.

Last edited:
Cynthia...

ultimateblaziken11

Looking for Shinies
I owned all of them EASILY, except for.... HIM..............

S T E V E N S T O N E

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Cynthia gives me recurring nightmares.