• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which character re-design did you like the most?

Which re-design did you like the most?

• May (DP return)

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Misty (Hoenn return)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Brock (Hoenn)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brock (Sinnoh)

• Serena (post hair cut)

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Ash (Hoenn)

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Ash (Sinnoh)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Ash (Unova)

• Ash (Kalos)

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Ash (Alola)

• Total voters

Sham

The Guardian of War
A break from the usual XY vs SM threads. The title is simple, which did you prefer? I’m mostly talking about clothes in the case.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Ash's Hoenn attire, Lillie's z powered attire, and Dawn's eyes that were slightly redesigned in BW.
I mean it was her pupils got bigger and her eyes appear to be narrower but I think that was just BW's overall art style.

BabaVanga

None. I prefer characters keeping their classic, original outfits.

Though anime redesigns are still leagues better than game characters redesigns in remakes.

VoltTacklingPika

No love for Delia's sundress and hat combo in SM?

I don't know if you'd class it as a "re-design", but I do really Lillie's Z-Powered clothes because it gives off such a different energy to her regular appearance. Plus, the pony-tail gives her face room to breath and allows you to focus on her facial expression more, whereas the heart-shaped braid things she has when her hair is down can make her face look a bit cluttered.

I feel like most of the alternate outfits for the characters give off the same vibe, because they're mostly just different style of trouser or jack with different colours.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Haruka's redesign when she returned in DP is my favorite redesign. I just loved Haruka's Emerald version inspired outfit for some reason, probably because I like the color green so much.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
Design-wise Kalos Ash is the best but I liked a lot how the transition to his DP clothes was
Her mother sewing at night, Ash going to Sinnoh still in his old outfit, with it getting damaged before Ash finally changes

I think Satoshi's Kalos design was my favorite out of all his designs as well. Something about his outfit just looked really snazzy, and my second favorite Satoshi outfit was his Houen design even though his clothes looked oddly stuffy for such a warm climate.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Going for the main series only, I love Ash's current design, but my favorite outfit is either his XY or BW one.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
None. I prefer characters keeping their classic, original outfits.

Though anime redesigns are still leagues better than game characters redesigns in remakes.
Yeah, May original outfit is like the trend of some female characters at the time like Claire Redfield from Resident Evil 2 and Athena Asamiya from King Of Fighters 98, red clothes, short sleeves and black bike shorts.

And I'm into pleated skirt and highthighs stockings so classic Serena is a go for me.

I didn't feel much about Dawn's outfit. She had short skirt, more so than Serena, but the boots feels odd to me.

Misty reminded me of Tifa from Final Fantasy 7, especially with the pair of straps, except Tifa wears a pencil skirt instead of shorts.

I didn't feel much about Iris outfit. She's too wild for me.

I like Lillie Z powered form though. Her classic outfit had the boots which feels odd to me, but I like her straw hat, her dress was ok.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I actually love Ash's current outfit from the 2019 series. He'd look so bad with the red t-shirt that Victor had in the games so I'm glad he has unique clothes.

I don't know if I'd say that I dislike the outfit that the Shield and Sword male protagonist character wears, but I am somewhat glad that Satoshi was given a distinct outfit this time around instead of the animators piggybacking off of a video game character's clothing.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Me too. I really liked his XY design but looking back I think it made him look too old than he was. So in that regards IMO BW Ash had the best design that made him look good and of the appropriate age. Shame that Ash sucked tho

As you can see Ash's XY design were loosely based on Calem's jacket (They even made the sleeves cut short) while his cap were based on FRLG Red 's cap. As for his BW one, his design it looks like an inverted color of Hilbert's jacket.

Last edited: