• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which characters did Ash have the best interactions with?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Dawn>Brock>Kiawe/Soph/Misty>May/Max>All the rest

Notice the lack of XY characters and the SM females? There was hardly any proper interactions with them
And liking has nothing to do with it as I love May far more than I do Misty lmao

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
When her goal was about bubbles, I was like a bubble myself.

Except I got popped, since I did not care to getting popped, for her goal was too soapy.
It would be cool if the bubbles can give Lana an unique battling style where she can set bubble traps around the field and pushes the bubbles towards the opponents like Venom with his pool balls from the Guilty Gear series.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It would be cool if the bubbles can give Lana an unique battling style where she can set bubble traps around the field and pushes the bubbles towards the opponents like Venom with his pool balls from the Guilty Gear series.
Alas, she thinks Popplio jumping from bubble to bubble is dancing.

Worse, Kukui thinks it's dancing.

I'm sorry but that hype resulted in a majority of XY being written like that as well. Her character was not written well imo even tho she had great potential.

The above user was right, the crush was overblown by the fandom, few seconds of blushing out of 22 minutes of an episodic does not amount to someone saying that Serena's entire character or even a majority of her character was written on Amourshipping.

The idea in itself is extremely idiotic and is an example of the fandom altering what is actually reality. The reality is that Serena's " crush " was not as big of a thing in her character as people make it out to be at all. If you were to say that Serena's admiration for Ash which isn't equivalent to Amourshipping was a major part of her character, then I'd more inclined to agree. But crush and admiration aren't two equivalent things and Serena's admiration of Ash was a strong part of her character which caused her to develop throughout the series.

More on topic, I would say Brock and Misty are clearly the ones

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Kiawe was a poor man's Brock. Things couldn't be any more obvious when they both fought and Kiawe lost to him.
I dunno. I found this a more acceptable outcome than May losing to Dawn. The previous companion should have more experience than the latter one.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The above user was right, the crush was overblown by the fandom, few seconds of blushing out of 22 minutes of an episodic does not amount to someone saying that Serena's entire character or even a majority of her character was written on Amourshipping.

The idea in itself is extremely idiotic and is an example of the fandom altering what is actually reality. The reality is that Serena's " crush " was not as big of a thing in her character as people make it out to be at all. If you were to say that Serena's admiration for Ash which isn't equivalent to Amourshipping was a major part of her character, then I'd more inclined to agree. But crush and admiration aren't two equivalent things and Serena's admiration of Ash was a strong part of her character which caused her to develop throughout the series.

More on topic, I would say Brock and Misty are clearly the ones

I still disagree with your opinion. Anyways no need to discuss it here coz that will just cause more things to go offtopic

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
They had the best bond between Sun and Moon characters. They were like brothers and I loved it. Shame that Kiawe didn't get to stay in the cast longer.

Out of Satoshi's interactions with the SM males, I'd have to agree that he and Kaki were best buddies essentially. But I thought that Satoshi's interactions with Lilie were slightly better, although I might be biased since I like Lilie more than Kaki.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I dunno. I found this a more acceptable outcome than May losing to Dawn. The previous companion should have more experience than the latter one.
Kiawe was fighting an ex-Gym Leader with far more experience with a type advantage against Turtonator (and not even a Z-Move hurt a Mega Steelix). It didn't help Kiawe had maybe 2 badges worth as a trainer and didn't bother doing much training to prove himself in the rather pacific Alola.

May losing to Dawn was more believable because their main job isn't about who has more experience than the other but rather, "will this really please the judges?" Also, Dawn was into contests before May got interested in them, but it took time for Dawn to finally channel her skills (and pulled through after her horrible losing streak prior to winning against May).

Last edited:

VoltTacklingPika

I'm enjoying his interactions with Gou.

If he doesn't count yet, then I'll go with a few out-there choices. Ash and Hapu had a fun thing going during the brief time they appeared together, Ash and Morrison from AG was pretty much Ash/Kiawe several years earlier, and Ash and Delia is always wholesome.

game3524

Brock, Misty, and Go.

I used to think Dawn, but on rewatch it is not that great and it is kind of forced like his interactions were with Serena.

Leonhart

Imagineer
VoltTacklingPika said:
I'm enjoying his interactions with Gou.

If he doesn't count yet, then I'll go with a few out-there choices. Ash and Hapu had a fun thing going during the brief time they appeared together, Ash and Morrison from AG was pretty much Ash/Kiawe several years earlier, and Ash and Delia is always wholesome.

I think Gou should count since he's become friends with Satoshi quickly despite only being around for half a dozen episodes. I do like their friendship since Satoshi and Gou are a lot alike while also having some differences between them. In some ways they balance each other.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I forgot to add Kiawe. If I had to rank Ash's interactions it would go like this >

1. Misty - most of his OS interactions with Misty are hilarious. They see each other for who they really are and love calling each other out but can still be supportive when need be. Even in SM, they keep this same dynamic. Plus some of Ash's best lines are directed at Misty

2. Dawn - the epitome of best friends. It's interesting to see Ash go from being mentored (Brock and Misty) to being the mentor (May) to having an equal in Dawn. I like how these two are so alike. It makes for good interactions when they're on the same page

3. Brock/Kiawe - I've always seen Brock as Ash's best guy friend for being around him the longest but even I can admit that post OS, sometimes their interactions felt flat. Kiawe really had one of the best bromances with Ash in years. I liked Cilan and Clemont but compared to Kiawe, their interactions with Ash felt lackluster

4. Go - not going to spoil much, but I like how the writers have displayed Go and Ash as opposites but able to get along well. We still haven't seen much yet so I'm basing this ranking on what we've seen so far + hope for a good friendship and meaningful interactions.

5. Lillie - I don't have a lot to say except that I just dig their dynamic. Easily my second fav friendship from SM after Ash/Kiawe

Kyloreywalk

So the general consensus for the females is May, Iris, Serena, Lana and Mallow had the weaker dynamics with Ash? I'd say that's fair enough (Serena obviously loved Ash but their dynamic was lopsided), May's dynamic with Ash fizzled out as AG progressed, and the others just had ok interactions but nothing special. I did like the eps Ash and Lana went off together like that Kyorge episode and the Totem Wishiwashi ep.