• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which characters did Ash have the best interactions with?

SerenaRulez

i question people who put bonnie x ash above any female x ash interaction
ash and bonnie interaction is nonexistent in XY series just same as clemont x serena
they just happen to be traveling together , ash and bonnie has more interaction on first XY opening then in series

I think some people thought that Ash and Bonnie had a big brother and little sister type of friendship so maybe they thought it was cute? :)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
curious what’s the consensus on if people believe Goh and Ash have a good friendship
Based on their dynamics and how Ash inspires Goh and their brother like bond in each episode.
Compared to previous male companions? It feels rather forced, at least how it started. Every other male companion witnessed Ash doing something to impress them all (battling, really). But with Goh, all Goh had to see was finding Ash accidentally riding Lugia.
Did u skip ep3? Where Ash risked his Life and took damage to protect the ivysaur and venusaur before having him and Pikachu singlehandedly dispatch of a tyranitar, gyarados and TR??? The episode that solidied Ash and Goh's bond?
That's way more impressive then whatever Brock saw in Ash, or Clemont or Kiawe

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I definitely think it was Dawn. At the beginning, they butted heads a little bit, like in Nando's debut, but they quickly became close friends. They learned from each other in a positive way and supported each other in their respective goals.
I really wish we had more episodes like the Nando one for characters. A proper way to showcase a realistic feud between friends without over exaggerating or forcing it, and tying it up in a nice manner that supplements their bond. The only other time I felt such a feud was handled well was in ep3 of JN where it made sense why Ash and Goh were against each other in the start

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
curious what’s the consensus on if people believe Goh and Ash have a good friendship
They are good friends imo.
But their friendship is not as strong as others we've seen in the show.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Dawn and Goh by a landslide.

Serena is an odd case because of her romantic interest but I still find it interesting. I know Ash ships are doomed for fail but it was such a fun part of Serena's character I end up rooting for her. Because of that, I really like their interactions.

Everyone else is more or less on the same ground.

Dawn and Goh by a landslide.

Serena is an odd case because of her romantic interest but I still find it interesting. I know Ash ships are doomed for fail but it was such a fun part of Serena's character I end up rooting for her. Because of that, I really like their interactions.

Everyone else is more or less on the same ground.
I was rooting (and still am) for Serena and Ash to end up together because I believed that was Serena’s goal at the time

Morax

King of heroes
Don't care, Ash has always been uninteresting to me. All of his supposed "chemistries" are flat boring and cliche. Side characters have better chemistries with each other ( brock x misty, misty x may, may x dawn, dawn x iris, iris x cilan, brock x cilan, bonnie x serena, cilan x clemont, misty x lana, brock x olivia, gou x kiawe, gary x gou etc etc ).

BlueDragonfangirl

My favorite is his interactions with Serena. Dawn my second favorite.