• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which characters will relate better with Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teshub

Banned
So Ash is in a new land/new friends/etc. it seems he is the odd man out. As everyone else are already more experienced than him, Dento & Iris. And there aren't that many COTDs as before. So do you think Ash will be kind of a lone wolf in this aspect or will there be some Ritchie-like character or other that Ash can relate to. I think a rival like Bel can, kind of, but she is a rival, so probably someone else will be created or maybe they are already there.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
How is iris more advanced then ash or dento more advanced in that case?

Krizor

Evil Genius
I don't think Iris is more expereinced then him.

I also think she relates to him because he was once a beginning trainer like her and also had a Pokemon that wouldn't listen to him.

Teshub

Banned
I don't think Iris is more expereinced then him.

I also think she relates to him because he was once a beginning trainer like her and also had a Pokemon that wouldn't listen to him.

Um...no. Iris was schooling Ash since the beginning. It stopped now because he kind of got his act together, but still, he has all first-evo pokemon. While Iris has a fully evolved pokemon (Dryuds) and we are not sure what else. So she definitely has more Isshu/Unova experience than Ash. Same applies to Dento. So in a way, they are both like his 'mentors' but not quite.
Ash needs someone who is similar to his level or has similar predicaments as him (trying to reach a certain goal) to connect better with. Think about it, 11 episodes aired and yet Ash hasn't said, "oh yea, if we believe in ourselves we can do it!". So he is kind has nobody to go back and forth with those things.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh ya iris is more experienced that's why her drill mole wont listen to a word she says while ashs team obeys him fully. The only thing iris is more experienced at it swinging and dodging mud balls oh an making medicine. Dento id understand but iris no way.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Oh Dawn definitely. She's a more important character than Ash don't cha know? She's definitely coming back and Iris is leaving.

Lol, who else saw the thread title and immediately knew it was Teshub?

Iris and Dento are fine. Just because they've scolded him once or twice doesn't mean they're more experienced than him. Iris screams inexperience, having a weak unevolved Kibago and a disobedient Doryuuzu. And Dento is more experienced in the same way Brock was.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I can see a good friendship between Ash and Iris/Dento but not as with Brock/Dawn. Iris seems to be quite detached and the big mystery of her would cause her to be less open socially.
We already know Shooti won't be his friend so the only one I can find suit this category is Dento.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I think Dento might be getting along with Ash better in BW. But Dento is also good with Iris. Unlike Misty pulling away the ears.

Teshub

Banned
Oh Dawn definitely. She's a more important character than Ash don't cha know? She's definitely coming back and Iris is leaving.

That was the previous saga. Yea, in DP Dawn better related to Ash, because both of them were told they were similar.
In OS there was Ritchie who was almost a clone.

Since BW is following some OS things, we might see an Ash-like trainer that gets along with him. But it could also come from Iris/Dento. So far I see Dento being more relate-able but he is too 'sophisticated' for Ash. Iris, she started out a mystery, then someone with a goal/issue. The writers probably haven't made up their mind about her yet.

Haunter ゴースト

Iris is more better at battling, she just is more experienced as she knows her enviroment around her, same with Dento.
Also, i want Ritchie back anyway, last time we saw him was like Johto, he was a more serious rival if you ask me.

gliscor&yanmega

I think Iris and Dento relate quite fine with Ash as is. They get along pretty good(Iris pokes fun at Ash from time to time...but a lot of close people do that).

They all have their goals they want to achieve and are dedicated to them.

They each have their own Pokemon that are like their best friend.

Iris has Doryuuzu who wont listen, Ash had a Charizard that wouldn't listen so Ash can relate to her in that case easily.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Iris has Doryuuzu who wont listen, Ash had a Charizard that wouldn't listen so Ash can relate to her in that case easily.

Yes and he has been helping her with it full time for the past 2/3 episodes.

Teshub

Banned

What? After the Dryuds/Pendra episode Ash had the Shootie battle, then it was about Dento catching Stonai.

I have noticed, "child" has become Iris' catchphrase, I think she even called Shootie that. But I wouldn't call that relating.

gliscor&yanmega

Who said he needs to help her to relate to her?

Besides, its not like the writers were going to just solve the thing right then and there or a few episodes later. It'll take a bunch of episodes that span across a certain amount.

Regardless if he helps her or not, he has been in the same situation so he can relate to her in that situation.

Teshub

Banned
It seems they split Brock in half and made Dento and Iris, well in terms of their skills in cooking and medicine thing.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
It seems they split Brock in half and made Dento and Iris, well in terms of their skills in cooking and medicine thing.
Except they're way more fun and don't hit on everything with a chest, but with those qualities specifically yeah.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Iris only ever had 1 battle. And it was very similar to May's very first battle with her Torchic.

Only difference was May was a beginner, whereas Iris has probably been a trainer for a while.

Krizor

Evil Genius
Um...no. Iris was schooling Ash since the beginning. It stopped now because he kind of got his act together, but still, he has all first-evo pokemon. While Iris has a fully evolved pokemon (Dryuds) and we are not sure what else. So she definitely has more Isshu/Unova experience than Ash. Same applies to Dento. So in a way, they are both like his 'mentors' but not quite.
Ash needs someone who is similar to his level or has similar predicaments as him (trying to reach a certain goal) to connect better with. Think about it, 11 episodes aired and yet Ash hasn't said, "oh yea, if we believe in ourselves we can do it!". So he is kind has nobody to go back and forth with those things.

Iris was only schooling Ash on basic things and her Doryuuza doesn't even listen to her, so she may not have raised it herself. So for right now, there's no real substantial evidence to support the notion that Iris is a more experienced trainer than Ash. So in a sense, she's the most relatable character to him at the moment.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Shipping??

And where do ya get off that Iris/Dentron has more experience than him. Its da other way around ya know

Status
Not open for further replies.