• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which characters would you have liked to see as companions instead?

Sham

The Guardian of War
OS- I would keep Misty and Brock tbh
AG- I would keep the same dynamic as well
DP- I would probably replace Brock with Barry to be honest. I feel like he’d mesh well Dawn and Ash
BW-Keep them exactly the same.
XY- Replaced Serena with Korrina
SM-JN=N/A

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
BW-Hilda as the female lead, Iris as the third wheel, get rid of Cilan.
XY-Serena as the deuteragonist similar to the amount of focus Dawn had, get rid of both Clemont and Bonnie (so it would be a group of 2).
SM-Lillie and Kiawe as the companions while Mallow, Lana, and Sophocles are recurring characters.
Pokemon 2019-demote Goh to 3rd wheel, Chloe as the female lead, with a rotating 4th wheel of past companions and rivals.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In Best Wishes, I always sort of wanted Cheren to be part of Satoshi's group instead of Dent. And as much as I liked Iris's personality, I still think I would've preferred if Touko had been the female traveling companion in her place. With regards to SM, I wish that Lilie had been the only female companion.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
His name was Kiawe, Jane.

Anyway, honestly, the changes I've made:

First series(includes OI and Johto): No misty. Would use either an anime OC or take opportunity of Green/Leaf/whatever-we-call-the-girl-they-removed-from-the-game.
AG: Tough call... I think I would keep the group as it was even if I wanted Brendan in the show.
DP: Lucas rather than Brock.
BW: Nate is added to the main cast on season 2.
XY: Clemont leaves after his gym match against Ash. Sawyer replaces him (he wouldn't be a rival in this scenario). Bonnie would stay after Clemont/Meyer give her permission
SM: Selene/SM PC rather than either Mallow or Lana. By the time of USUM, Elio/Ray is added to the main cast and Selene upgrades to USUM look.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Would keep OS & AG the same though I'd let Tracey come with them to Johto for a bit because of Pokémon like Azumarill, Scizor, & Smeargle.

DP could keep Brock or replace him with Barry. Both sound like fun companions.

BW: Cheren and Bianca would fit if they weren't rivals so I'd keep Iris and Cilan.

XY: Fine with. There's no one on the XY cast that I would've preferred over what we got.

SM: Cut it down to just Ash, Kiawe, Lillie, and maybe Mallow.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
BW: Nate is added to the main cast on season 2.

I would've liked that, or else him taking Kotetsu's place at the Isshu League since that way at least B2/W2 would've been represented more. And as much as I liked Hikari's comeback at the time, I think that Mei could've fulfilled a similar role at the Pokemon World Championship Junior Cup just as well.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Keep it same for OS, cut out max in AG and Tracey in OI, keep the group same for DP (I liked Brock there :p), have Hilda ash and cilan (I love iris but her being a gym leader turning into champion and being a recurring character would do her so much good) for XY I'm 50/50, I wouldn't mind keeping them the same but also having Serena as ash's rival and Korrina joining the group (with a chespin evolving into chesnaught) would be very fun too.
For SM I think the family aspect is great and it needed all the characters for the story it wanted to tell. If I had to cut one out, it would be Sophocles. Would want the rest in.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I would keep the groups the same OS through DP with them maybe having Brock leave at the end of AG/BF and having it be just Ash and Dawn in DP. For BW, I would definitely have Hilda as the female traveling companion along with Cilan, allowing Iris to be a gym leader and then maybe becoming a Champion. For XY(Z), I would have Serena be either a Sky Trainer, with a competition to go with it, or have her challenge the Battle Chateau to become the true Chateau Queen. If Pokémon Showcases were a requirement, I would have Shauna replace Clemont and Bonnie and do them. If not, then I'd probably keep Clemont and Bonnie. As for Sun and Moon, I would keep the classmates as is, though I would have a bigger focus on Lillie, even after they save Lusamine.

SerenaRulez

I wanted Lyra to be a permanent part of the Diamond and Pearl cast but not if it had to come at the cost of Dawn leaving.

I would gladly swap Brock for Lyra but I don't think Ash traveling with 2 girl characters and no male third wheel character could have worked. :(

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
OS-DP: N/A, but Lyra would have been around longer
BW: Hilda and Brock in place of Cilan and Iris, I'd have loved to see Brock interact with Team Plasma and Hilda/Hilbert were wasted potential. Imagine a brother/sister rivalry~ Iris could be a recurring friend and hype up the final gym
XY: Alexa in place of Clemont
SM: Kiawe and Mallow as companions, Lillie as a recurring character
SWSH: Gloria and Alistair. Gloria does the minor League and establishes it while Alistair aspires to become a major league gym leader again(I picked him cause one, Ghost types are rarely in the cast unlike Fighting. And two, they could have a fun time with Gloria and Ash trying to unmask him!)

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Os Kantou Arc : replaced Kasumi with 11 year old Blue(f) and keep 16-17 year old Takeshi in but 12-13 Year old Kasumi would be battle against Satoshi as one of his Rival with Shigeru Okido.
Os ol arc: no Satoshi but a 11 year old Yellow with Kenji!
Os Jhoto arc : 11 year old Kenta with 11 year old Marina with Takeshi
Ag Hoenn arc : 11 year old Haruka with 11 year old Yuki and 7 year old Masato
Ag Kanto battle frontier arc :a 14 year old Satoshi/Red x Blue (f) with Leaf Outfit and Shigeru with Green outfit to match the games and Mangas (Special) Kasumi and Takeshi with their games outfit. Pop up as on-off traveling companions and Yellow /Kanta/Marina/Sliver too.
Dpp arc : 11 year old Kōki and Hikari /Jün .
HgSs arc 13 year old Kotone with 19-20 year old Takeshi and Kazunari .
Bw arc :16 Year old Touya and Touko /Dent.
Bw 2 arc :a 14 year old Mei with 16 year old Satoshi and Blue
Xyz arc : 18-19 Year old Serena and Calem and 8 year old Eureka
Sm arc : 11 year old Yö and Mizuki with Lilla
UsUm arc : 13 year old Mizuki with Older Satoshi and his wife Blue (mid -20)
2019/SS arc 15 year old Masaru and Yuri and 10 year old Koharu and Go .

But you are talking about keeping satoshi in right ?
Os Kanto arc same as the top. (11 year old Blue [F] & a 16 Year old Takeshi)
Os Ol arc : 13 year old Blue and 11 year old Yellow and 17 year old Kenji
Os Jouto arc : 14 year Blue only as his girl (lol) and 19-20 Year Matsuba (Special did show him wander on Jouney)...and for best if the characters like a 11 year old Kanta and Marina only pop in as On-Off Travelling Companions.
Ag -Bf arc : same as main canon with Blue add to replace takeshi.
Dpp arc : 10 year old mid-class boy know as Koki and a well know and highly Noble's own petty Princess Hikari .
Bw arc : 17 year old Dent then later a 14 Year old Mei for Best Wishes S2 Arc
Xy arc : 18-19 Year old Calem x Serena and 7 year old Eureka .
Sm arc : just turned the anime into a SM anime wedding arc (which i am based on Kukui and Burnet's in the actual canon) for Satoshi x Blue (F). With a 11-13 Year old Yõ and Mizuki and a Alola school's class as there. And a 2019 elements in aloha arc to end Satoshi and Blue story for good...all characters from the classic pocket monsters game and manga and anime show to beat up the Rainbow Rocket Gangs is best way to end the series!

Last edited:

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Hilda or Rosa instead of Iris in Black and White and maybe glovehead girl instead of Mallow in Sun and Moon.
You mean Mizuki/Selene right ?

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
OS-I'm good with the original trio
AG- May can stay but remove Max and replace him with Wally
DP- Barry as Ash's companion and an occasional rival
BW- Replace Iris with Hilda
XY - Serena as a Mega Evolution trainer rather than a showcase girl swooning over Ash.
SM - Selene/Lillie and Kiawe as the companions, while others (Lana, Mallow, Soph) will portray as Trial Captains
JN- Gloria as the female companion joining Ash and Goh.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
I always thought Barry would've been a better friend for Ash to have in Diamond and Pearl than Brock. Barry was hilarious and full of energy.

Jun seems like the type of character who would've overstayed his welcome after a while from my viewpoint. His energetic persona was amusing in small doses, but probably not for long periods of time. Takeshi should've been replaced by another character at that point in the series, however.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
OS - AG: The companions are fine as they are.

DP: Replace Brock with Lucas, Brock felt like he outstayed his welcome there.

BW: Replace Iris with Hilda, it may be more interesting seeing Iris as a Gym Leader.

XY: Flesh Serena's Showcases goal a bit more or give her a goal revolving around Rhyhorn racing or battling. Either that or replace her with Astrid.

SM: Think it is fine for the most part, pehaps make those who often get the short end of the stick into Trial Captains.

No comment on Journeys.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Just Lillie and Kiawe for SM and have the other dead weight companions be like the Don George tournament characters, Hilda and Cheren for BW, replace Brock with Barry in DP, Misty out for Leaf in OS. I feel like Brock fit in AG and Dawn was naturally perfect for DP; the XY characters did fit the most on the main cast but I would’ve switched around their actual roles in the series.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m actually glad Hilda nor Selene was added into the main cast. I can’t judge them off of anything considering they’re PC and don’t really have set personalities outside of the manga but just going by appearances alone (which I’m assuming you guys are?) they aren’t the best imo. Serena, Dawn and May had the best appearances. Also Hilda/Hilbert are just ugly names in general. I do wish Gloria was in the main cast without somehow making Chloe’s role smaller than it already is.