• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which characters would you have liked to see as companions instead?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Redstar45

So Ash traveling with 2 girls one of which had psychotic telekinesis? Sounds fun but I don't think the harem anime style would've worked back then. o_O
She would be bit different than what she is in main Canon

Redstar45

They'd have to nerf her powers (like she was a beginning psychic and her attempts to help cause more trouble instead) or she'd be an instant answer to any TRio shenanigans.
Not if she is different from her usually anime self then she could be young woman still learn how to control her power.
---Editor's note---
Oh i didn't see that you add that my bad man .

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
I do wonder why Misty was chosen before Ericka and Sabrina since we are on the topic

Redstar45

Does Mistys’s in game sprite really look that much younger than Ericka and Sabrina (definitely Ericka?). And they’ve aged characters down characters like Serena who’s definitely not 10 in the games.
I didn't think of that game! Kasumi was young at all i thought she in mid teenager

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
I do wonder why Misty was chosen before Ericka and Sabrina since we are on the topic

At first I assumed that Erika wasn't made part of the cast because of her kimono outfit from the games, but the animators managed to give her a contemporary outfit when she eventually debuted in the anime, so that probably wasn't a problem. I can only assume that maybe they wanted Satoshi's female traveling companion to be a character that appears early in the games, and Kasumi fits the bill since she's encountered before Erika and Natsume.

Redstar45

At first I assumed that Erika wasn't made part of the cast because of her kimono outfit from the games, but the animators managed to give her a contemporary outfit when she eventually debuted in the anime, so that probably wasn't a problem. I can only assume that maybe they wanted Satoshi's female traveling companion to be a character that appears early in the games, and Kasumi fits the bill since she's encountered before Erika and Natsume.
Yet iris is final 8 gym so why not erika or natume do same if they wanted to .

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Over a decade passed between OS and BW though, so maybe things just changed. I wouldn't have been opposed to Erika or Natsume being in the cast I suppose, as long as they'd have better goals than Kasumi.

Unpopular opinion but... I'd take Erika, Sabrina or even Janine* over misty any day

*yeah, she didn't exist back then but considering they've had Ho-Oh more or less designed, who knows what else :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew29240 said:
Iris being the closest in age to Ash of the Unova Gym Leaders and the fact that Opelucid Gym had two possible Gym Leaders makes it easy to see why they chose her.

That could be another reason, although I feel like they could've easily de-aged Fuuro if they wanted a female Gym Leader to be in the BW cast and made her a traveling companion.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yet iris is final 8 gym so why not erika or natume do same if they wanted to .
I mean Iris was kinda already promised. The only other option was to choose the MC as a companion and that would of been the third time in a row AND what would Hilda even do so since Contests were finished. I don't see Elesa being aged down since she looks to much like a young adult woman. I suppose Skyla could of been an option but Iris of course looked the youngest.

I do however question why Korrina wasn't a main character. They literally gave her an entire arc (which to be honest could of been time used to explore Serena and Clemont more). I mean they could of even kept the whole crush thing as well and they wouldn't have to go through the struggle of creating an anime goal. The writers clearly had a soft spot for Korrina out of the Kalos Gym leaders so idk why she wasn't picked.

Last edited: