• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Charizard Mega do you prefer?

Which Charizard Mega do you prefer?

• Mega X

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Mega Y

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
I actually prefer Mega Charizard Y, it feels more natural than Mega Charizard X.

Mega Charizard X also slaps though :)

Luthor

I prefer Charizard X though both are excellent designs. I think partially its down to gen 1's lack of Dragons and anything that adds more dragons to regions that are severely limited in Dragons works for me. Charizard X meant Lance could actually have a Kanto based team with no repeats and half the team are Dragon typed (his rematch team in let's go) and for me I quite enjoyed those battles. Though I will admit Charizard-Y's ability to set up sun is useful.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Both are fine I suppose, although I think the X variety is my favorite of the two due to its darker color scheme and blue flames.

TwilightBlade

Mega Charizard X > Mega Charizard Y. The latter looks too similar to the original Charizard so it doesn't seem special to me. :[

raichu27

I would say Mega Charizard Y. It looks more suitable to me.

Although, Mega Charizard X is cool, too. It was awesome in the anime and Origins.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Y, as said before it feels more like a natural evolution to Charizard by emphasizing its flying nature via its sleek and aerodynamic design. X to me doesn't really change too much of Charizard outside of giving it a different color scheme and some spikes.

zolios

I like Y more but both are great. The reason I prefer Y is because it feels more natural for Charizard's mega and X just looks to different, more like a regional variant than a mega form. I think they just felt pressured to make Charizard into a Dragon type like fans always wanted so they went full "fan service" mode and even made it black like the beloved shiny form so it doesn't feel right as a mega for me. But hey, at least I can't say that it doesn't look super cool because it does.

Red and Blue

Mega Charizard X due to its color scheme and ability. Though I still like Charizard Y a lot

Ryker101

MCX for sure, its colour scheme and dragon typing was exactly what I wanted from a Charizard mega

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Y looks cooler and fits Charizard more. X is alright but I really hate those spikes on its shoulders. Blue flames will always be cool to me though

I like Charizard X because of its design and typing.

However, I use Zard Y more in competitive battles simply because it perform better with sand cores.

Trillion

X. it's one of the few megas that i actually like. the others being mawile, beedrill, and gengar

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Mega Charizard X who is also winning the poll (for good reason). Its black and blue colours look awesome.

Barrysun

I choose Y whenever I decided I wanted ether a full weather changer or a sunny team. (Vileplume became a good ally for it with boosted speed and no charging solar beam.)