1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which companions would you include in each series if you had creative control?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Sham, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Sham

Sham Underrated show

OS-Keep Brock and Misty
    OS Johto- Slowly faded out Misty and introduced Kris
    Hoenn-Keep May and gotten rid of Max or possibly used Flanery.
    Sinnoh: Keep Dawn and Brock
    Unova: Keep Iris and Cilan.
    Kalos: Used Grant instead of Clemont and replaced Serena with Viola.
    Alola- Just kept Lillie and used Hau (to match the games dynamic) or used Kiawe and Lillie.

MockingJ likes this.
  2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

If I could I would have used Lillie as the female companion in Kanto and slowly have her progress over the next several series and develop her into a competent trainer by the end of SM. I would also keep Brock and expand on his doctor goal after the DP series.

All the other companions could become recurring or temporary companions throughout the anime.

3. maartjeverhoef

maartjeverhoef Well-Known Member

Is keeping Ash as a main hero mandatory? If so:
    OS-Kanto - Green (female), Brock, Misty
    OS-Johto - Casey, Bugsy, Whitney
    AG - May, Tate & Liza
    DP - Dawn, Barry, Candice
    BW - Hilda, Iris + introduce Benga later on
    XY - Serena, Clemont, Korrina
    SM - Lillie, Hau, Selene + all the Trial Captains and Hapu as temporary companion at some point

Emelie, Redstar45 and MockingJ like this.
  4. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

I would've had Hilda join the Unova cast instead of Iris and also had Ash's Alola group of friends consist of him, Selene and Kiawe.

5. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Kanto: Brock and Misty
    Johto: Brock and Casey - Casey was wasted. I'd honestly say Sakura but can you honestly say OS Ash is suitable for a mentor figure? lol
    Hoenn: Brock and May/Max
    Sinnoh: Dawn and Brock
    Unova: Brock, Hilda, and N - Ferriswheel shipping and plot intensifies
    Kalos: Brock, Serena, Korrina - Korrina goes through the saga wanting to succeed her father as the Mega Guru, and basically who introduces the lot to Megas. Brock finds Steelixnite, while Ash and Serena win Sceptilenite and Swampertnite in a tag-team Dom tournament hosted by Steven.
    Alola: Brock, Mallow, Lillie(On/off member due to plot), and Kiawe
    Galar: Brock, Sonia, and Nessa

6. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I would've added Kris into the Jouto cast in place of Kasumi, or perhaps Nanako instead since she debuted early enough in Jouto to be an important character. I also would've had Satoshi travel with Cheren and Touko in Best Wishes.

7. Sham

Sham Underrated show

As shallow it is I’m glad Hilda was never in the anime because that name is pure cringe (I’m sorry to anyone named that)

8. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I think Hilda would have worked out great, sure Ash would quite obviously be the one to summon Zekrom...
    But Hilda could put Ash in more of a mentor role, and also have that 'rookie' trait they felt necessary to give him around as she's a rookie! And apart from the Ferriswheel shipping, you could even play around with the idea of Hilda sympathizing with Team Plasma, even joining up with them but not knowing their true motives as she's loyal to N for quite obvious reasons. Would also make their eventual League battle more interesting as Ash tries talking some sense into Hilda during the battle, only to ultimately fail as N's castle comes crashing down.

9. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime canon cop !

• Kantou-Orange island arc is same as it is in original series but Blue would be joining Satoshi with Shigeru help in fight against the Rocket-Dan. (Not just TRios too)

•Jouto arc with Natsume and Matis in tow with Satoshi as kid brother or a something like that to the Kantou and Jouto 's Gym Leaders as they're not 10-13 s year old noob like Satoshi is .

•In the Houen arc ...Haruka and Masato is part of his traveler friends but Tsutuji replace Takeshi and Yūki is on-off travelling friend to them.

•in Battle Frontier Yūki replace Tsutuji and have Kasumi with Takeshi pop in once awhile

•And Shinou arc only Hikari and Kõki with Handsome joining in sometime

• in the Isshu arc ...more or less same here...with Tõko join Satoshi and Iris & Dent

•At last Kaios arc! It is same as the Main source Material...Calme in final battle join in the fight

In my idea that Satoshi with the help of Masaki and Wataru ....created group of Young Pokemon trainers know as Team Seekers fight against the Villainous organizations (it similar to how zunkan owners being created in the Pokemon special manga but with Satoshi as the Founding father of teams)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 12:10 PM
    janejane6178 likes this.
  10. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

The only thing I would of changed would be to replace iris. Have her be draydens apprentice or something and replace her either with the female MC and just make up a goal for her or Bianca with the goal of helping professor juniper with her research in various ways

Leonhart and Emelie like this.
  11. Emelie

Emelie Bookworm

OS: I would have liked to see Red, Blue (unused female protagonist wearing a black dress from concept art) Green (the rival) as a trio.

I have always wondered what the anime would have been like if they featured them as group instead of Ash, Misty and Brock? (I'm not hating on them I'm just curious :p) Blue gets Squirtle, Red gets Bulbasaur and Green gets Charmander just like in the old artwork.

Johto: Kris is the protagonist and Silver is the rival. Idk about the companions? Mabye Claire since she is kind of flawed which could lead to some good character development. Mabye Jasmine too since she needs to help Ampharos?

AG: May, Brendan and Wally. The evil teams get better plots.

DP: Dawn, Lucas and Barry.

BW: Hilda, Bianca and Cheren.

XY: Serena and Emma. Idk who else the other XY game characters suck. :p Mabye Looker??

SM: Female SM protagonist and Lillie. Hau and Gladion sometimes hang out with them.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019 at 8:09 PM
    maartjeverhoef likes this.