• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which did Kanto's OST best?

Best Kanto OST?

• Original Gen 1

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

WaterTypeStarter

Gen 1 has been remade twice. While the gameplay has been discussed a lot, which did the music and OST the best? While objectivly the orchestra of LGPE would be considered superior to the Gameboy sound, which do you actually like best? And for what reasons?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought LG/FR had the best Kanto background music overall. Granted, I didn't play the Let's Go games much, so I didn't have a chance to get accustomed to their remixes of the R/G/B/Y music.

DatsRight

There's something magical and irreplaceable about the 8 bit chiptunes as basic as they are.

I have to say though, I felt like a lot of the anime remixes were closest to how I envisioned full instrument versions of the tracks, especially the battle themes which all really captured the energy of the originals. Nearly every remake version I hear sounds kinda dreary compared to them.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I like the Let's Go music the most overall, but there is oddly something charming about the Fire Red/Leaf Green soundtrack.

I also like the FR/LG version of the Pokemon Mansion theme not for the instrumentation, but for the "payoff" segment of the former rendition.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Voted for the original.

I like 8-bit music, FR/LG are too MIDI-ish, & I’ve not heard Let’s Go’s soundtrack.

Random Man2

HYPER BEAM!
Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. Unlike the music of Fire Red and Leaf Green, the music of Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee is a strict upgrade from the music of the original games, whereas Fire Red and Leaf Green butchered up some of the themes from the original games in my opinion.