• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which did you catch with the Master Ball in SS/HG??

Status
Not open for further replies.

telivisionhead

This playthrough I'm planning to use the master ball on Ho-oh,Mewtwo,entei/raiku or a surprise shiny when I run out of pokeballs.

DjangoCribbs

Lugia or Mewtwo. Depends how Lugia goes.
I know it makes a sort of sense to use it on the roaming legendaries but I like the challenge presented by those guys. I enjoy chasing them around the regions. But by the time I've reached Lugia/Mewtwo in their respective dungeon I can't be arsed and just want a quick capture.

aT0Msk

Dedicated Trainer
I dont like using a masterball, i like capturing with regular pokeballs.

I'm the same, I never used a Master Ball. I dislike it's design and do not like seeing my Pokémon pop out of it at the start of a battle. The only ones I ever use are regular Poke Balls and Premier Balls for Mythical Pokémon. Catching Ho-Oh in a Premier Ball nearly drove me insane. O.O

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I only use Masterballs with shinies which are hard to catch. So I pretty much got my master ball all the time with me catching pixelated dust.

ebevan91

The level 45 Ho-oh. Yeah I probably wasted it instead of using it on Latias, Raikou, or Entei, but I was ready to go to the Pokemon League and I couldn't capture the thing at all. It was asleep with 1 HP left and it kept waking almost immediately.

Craig T

Banned
I used my Master Ball on Lugia the first and only time I played through SS, because I completed so much in it that I did not want to reset the game. I got Heartgold to experience the game again a while after, and I still haven't caught Ho-Oh lol

Marco The Phoenix

Y Yes, I Watch Anime
I never use the masterball. It just sits in the bag staring at me. I'd happily use it on a shiny but that's unlikely so it's just a gift.

Sobe0047

Collector
I never use the Masterball...
I just don't like the way it looks :/
I usually try to collect pokes in Premiere Balls or in Basic Pokeballs (Red & White).
The only time I would ever use a Master Ball is if I encountered a Shiny Abra in
the wild... I'm pretty sure it would just Teleport before I could land a successful capture with a regular ball.... -,-

Strytho

Tactical Breeder
I didn't use the master ball on any of them. Just used fast balls, quick balls, ultra balls, and dusk balls. It was very tempting to use the master ball but I decided to save it for 5th gen... then I found out there was no item trasnfers. >|(

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
It depends. Typically, I always try and catch a Pokemon in a Poke Ball, or whatever. But Legendaries like Ho Oh can be tough to catch in even an Ultra Ball, so after a while I'll probably use the Master Ball. Otherwise, it sits in my bag and is never used until I meet a shiny or something.

stupot

Pretty sure I've still got mine, though have been extremely tempted to use it on Latios that's refused to be captured in any other ball for over 3 years now, despite false swiping/sleep powdering/quick balling/mean looking etc. Soon...

Phanto

I've still got my Master Ball. Not 1 Master Ball, but 2 Master Balls haha! I traded a Pokemon with the GTS and the Pokemon I received was given a Master Ball :p

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
I used it on Lugia lol... I just had too, as it wouldn't let me catch it any other way lol! XD

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I didn't use it.

I never use a Master Ball (except for Giratina, who struggles itself to death for the 74th time if I didn't do so).

A Tauros on Route 48. xD (It was a mistake, I did the same in Black 2 with a Foongus)

Tyranitar358

Splash User
I have 6 or so now. I never use the ones from Ruby or Fire Red, and they get migrated/Pal Park'd. :)

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
As of late I always end up thinking to myself that their is always something better to catch with it. Unfortunately following this logic i generally end up catching nothing with it. On the plus side at least I won't be as stressed out if i ever find a shiny Graveler.

Status
Not open for further replies.