• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which did you catch with the Master Ball in SS/HG??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektor

Pokemon Master
I think I used it on mewtwo. Nostalgia I guess. But on ss I used it on lugia.

xKatie0391

I like to keep my Master ball/s in case of shiny emergencies. I've got quite a few spread across my Gen 4 games from lotteries and Pal parking from Gen 3.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
I am pretty sure I used it on the Mewtwo

Monek_OP

bernie2016
I do believe Mewtwo, IIRC. Although, I plan to use it for a shiny in the new game I just booted up for Heartgold. (Plus I got an adamant Totodile - a good sign!)

It's funny, i used a master ball to catch mewtwo in all other games featuring it as a catchable legendary, but when i played Soulsilver, it only took 2 pokeballs to catch him. The surprising part was that he was at full health. Some really, really good luck right there.

xKatie0391

Just used the one on my Japanese SoulSilver to catch my shiny Latias :) I hoped I wouldn't have to, but she started to struggle.

Fox Lady Kita

Vulpes Vulpes
I used mine on Lugia. But only because I didn't realize that there were more legendaries you could catch. ;o; True, I ended up catching them all, but it took a very very long time. Q_Q

PegasusxSeiya

Shiny Hunter
None, I never use my masterball anymore. Not since Red/Blue. It's something I decided on long ago to make obtaining the legendaries a little more difficult, and starting with Gen 3 I only use regular Pokeballs to catch them :)

Marjis

I don't think I have ever used masterball in any game, so I haven't used it in HeartGold either. I was seriously considering using it on Entei as it took me overall many hours (I have no idea how many) to catch him. All other legendaries have been easy to catch, though I'm still to catch Latias. I'm probably saving the ball and transfering it to other game for the unlikely possibility of encountering a shiny legendary.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I rarely use Master Balls in the game. I kinda like the challenge of fighting Legendary Pokemon without resorting to a Master Ball. That being said, in HGSS I haven't caught Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Entei, or Raikou yet in my Soul Silver and I know there are many more Legendary Pokemon in Soul Silver and Heart Gold so I'll just use it on the one that gives me the most trouble. Probably Mewtwo or Ho-oh.

ChadBoomgaarn

PKMN Master Chad
My girlfriend encountered Entei 1 time and caught it with a Heavy Ball on her 1st try, She has 2 Masterballs now. I don't think i'm going to even use my Masterball though.

Last edited:

DragoniteRules1

Pokemon Breeder
I don't like using Master Balls. I prefer to catch all my Pokemon in regular Poke Balls, unless it's just some random Pokemon that I want to catch for an HM Slave or something.

I used it on Lugia.

Status
Not open for further replies.