• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which do you choose - Scarlet or Violet?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Now that we have seen the box legendaries, and surprisingly, version-exclusive Professors, have you already decided on which version to pick? Or are you still waiting for more version-exclusive stuff? Feel free to post your choices.

Also, I would make a poll, but there seems to be no option for me. Oh well.

Kaddy2009

I'm still choosing Violet, but I'll wait and see which version has exclusive Pokémon first: I may end up getting both!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Usually I get the first game. X/Omega Ruby/Sun. The black and white games and Shield were exceptions. So Scarlet.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm going with Violet at the moment. I prefer Miraidon's design and I like the futuristic motif better than prehistoric.

Pokemon Power

Violet first. I always tend to pick the version that's closest to Blue because that's my favorite color. Plus, now that we've had an adventure set in the past with Legends, I wanna look into the future. I tend to get the other version later.

Golden_Arcanine

Leaning towards Violet as my master copy, but I'll inevitably get both.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Both Legendaries look great, I prefer Kuraidon a bit more for now.
I also prefer the main character uniform in Scarlet.

However, I just can't deal with how ridiculous (in a bad way) the Professor of Scarlet looks dressed a cave woman. What the...

treatyofversigh

I always get both versions tbh, but atm, Violet will be my main version that I stick with til the next gen comes out. I love Miraidon's look and I need to know more about Turo wearing that futuristic suit! Things could change if the other exclusives are better, but for now, sticking with Violet.

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
Chose violet from the start because it's the best colour and sticking with it, which luckily suits me since Miraidon is super cool and future is a fave style.

Bus

I chose Scarlet the moment I heard its version name lol. I like the legend for it as well. Violet's looked a bit better to me at the start, but now I'm leaning back towards Scarlet's mascot legend so I'm feeling pretty good about my impulse choice.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
If it comes to fiction I always preferred Past over Future (with Start Wars being the only exception though it takes part A long time ago...) so I'm more towards Scarlet for now. Koraidon looks better IMO. Professors are a toss as I like both.

It's strange as I usually choose the B version (Blue, Silver, Sapphire, White, Y, Moon, Eevee, Shield) with the only exception being Diamond over Pearl. Funny enough both Diamond and SV Legends are connected to time:-D

TRNRLogan

I always wait for the version exclusive pokemon to choose.

scififan21

Still leaning towards Violet love the legendary wasn't expecting different professors but I perfer Violet's over Scarlet's something about her outfit looks a bit goofy. This is a personal opinion though and other people are free to like it the other way around. Got my starter already picked out as well though I may pick up either the dual pack when it is available or at least buy Scarlett later on.