• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which do you choose - Scarlet or Violet?

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I've always bought both since D/P.

Which game is my "Main" game will depend on version exclusives though.

I'll say Violet for now just based on the Legendarys

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Koraidon looks badass though. But I usually make my choices on the version excusives (if I want one specifically)

I have not yet decided if I will buy either game, and probably won't until closer to release. Neither LGPE, SWSH nor BDSP did enough to warrant the dex cut for me.
I'm leaning towards Violet if I do end up getting one.

Orphalesion

I will only make my final decision once I know all the version exclusives.
But right now I very, VERY, strongly lean towards Violet.

1) Purple is my favourite colour.
2) The legendary looks better in my opinion
3) I like Professor Turo's design better.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Scarlet because the professor is waifu
Seriously though I like the concept of past and the legendary better, only because I know we won't get anything meaningful out of the future theme since Pokemon hates teases like that, while we can get interesting lore from the past
Also Scarlet legendary looks cooler

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'll wait until we know more about version exclusives, but based on what we know now, I'm leaning more towards Scarlet as the one I'll buy first, because Professor Sada is pretty and I like the feathered dinosaur deisgn on Koraidon.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'm getting both. I've bought both releases of any new games since Gen 7. Not stopping now.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This thread could have a poll.

Anyway, I usually choose the latter versions, and the pattern of exclusives usually work better for me in those versions, so I'll probably pick Violet.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Both.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Better legendary + better theme + better professor = Scarlet for me! ( Though I do think the violet character's have the better looking school uniform).

I'm planning on buying the double pack and keeping one and giving the other to my sister for Christmas. So I should be able to trade over any version exclusives quickly enough.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Until we get more information on the version exclusives leading towards Violet for now. I prefer the look of Miraidon better than Koraidon ( though it is still cool).

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I’m buying the double pack for the family switch. I just haven’t decided which digital copy I’m buying for my Switch…

Luxeon

I really like the color red so I do plan to stick with Scarlet, though I must admit Violet is looking super cool with its future theme and Miraidon. Can't go wrong with either really!

The version you pick usually doesn't make too big a difference but with the professors being different, I wonder what kind of other differences there'll be

Trillion

i always pick solely based on the one that i think has the coolest name lol, so it was always gonna be violet for me regardless

the fact that i also like miraidon better is just icing on the cake