• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which do you choose - Scarlet or Violet?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Still leaning towards Violet love the legendary wasn't expecting different professors but I perfer Violet's over Scarlet's something about her outfit looks a bit goofy. This is a personal opinion though and other people are free to like it the other way around. Got my starter already picked out as well though I may pick up either the dual pack when it is available or at least buy Scarlett later on.
I ageee
Her outfit is ridiculous . Cant stand it

Espeonite

I like the past aspect of Scarlet but Violet has a better legendary and a hotter professor so idk?

Nave

Leaning towards Scarlet as my master copy, but I'm getting both.
Red is my favourite colour, and I would like to enjoy the past theme before embarking on the future theme. Love both legendaries, but I'm digging the feathered dinosaur look of Koraidon just a bit more.
My nephew's favourite colour is violet, so I want to give him that one, but he doesn't have a Switch... yet. (Just gotta put pressure on my brother)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I always have, and always will, get both games. Since I don't have nintendo switch online, and I like getting both. Have since I started playing Pokemon. Since these games look like they're going to have some major differences, I feel more enticed than ever to buy both, anyway.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
VIOLET
I LOVE Purple <3333
And the female professor's outfit looks TOO much like a cave woman it is ridiculous....A more subtle design could have been better. I dont like out of the place designs.
For examples:
1. The blue sm girl - Ok she loves water. Does it mean that ALL of her, including hair and outfit, need to be BLUE?
2. Same goes to the orange sm boy
etc.....
3. Scarlet professor - Ok, she represents the past. So she literally has to wear a cave woman outfit ? Cant they give her a more subtle design ? lol

jekka

Depends greatly on the other version exclusive pokemon. I am definitely pre ordering I won't be doing that until the other version exclusives have been announced. This is the what I do with every generation.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I’m just waiting to see if my favorite Gen 2 starter (Totodile) makes it into the Scarlet and Violet Pokédex which it most likely will.

Damjean

Going to wait for the exclusives. The last times I always picked the game were Bagon is not available... He is my favorite pseudo and the last time I've used it in my team was in the ORAS games.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I don’t really get new games given I’m too broke to afford them, but if I was to choose, I likely would have gone for Violet. Both legendaries are good, but I prefer Turo over Sada as far as the professors are concerned.

LuisManuel316

Team Skull Grunt
Waiting to see which pokemon are version exclusive. But i am leaning towards Scarlet at the moment.

JunJun

I'm going with Violet. Not that there's much to go off yet, but I prefer the look of both Miraidon, Professor Turo and just the colour violet in general. And my friend wants Scarlet, so that settles it.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
Initially I was gonna go with violet but now I'm leaning more towards scarlet. Idk I'm definetly gonna get both I just don't know which I'll get first

SneaselClaw

Has anyone's decision been swayed by the latest trailer? Armarouge and Ceruledge both being fire types hasn't changed my decision since I'll be using Fuecoco on Scarlet as my first playthrough.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It's Violet. Definitely Violet. Ceruledge sealed that deal for me.

I may end up getting both versions eventually, but I'm def getting Violet first.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Has anyone's decision been swayed by the latest trailer? Armarouge and Ceruledge both being fire types hasn't changed my decision since I'll be using Fuecoco on Scarlet as my first playthrough.
Not entirely, Ceruledge is a definite lock for me in my first Violet playthrough, but because I like to avoid having two or more Pokemon of the same type on the same team, that will just mean I pick Sprigatito or Quaxly as my starter, then have Fuecoco in my first Scarlet playthrough and save Armarouge for a second one.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I'm starting to doubt it more and more. Purple is my favourite colour, but Koraidon just look more appealing to me. Armourage and Ceruledge are tough to pick from. I really love Ceruledge's design but I like Armourage's type combination. Descision descisions. Let's see if other exclusives will tip the scale.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Yes. My digital copy will be Violet.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I made the decision to get the dual pack mostly for the bonus and to also get as many of the first Mystery Gifts as I can