1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which do you like best Red, Blue, Yellow, or Green?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by pacman000, Oct 22, 2012.

?

Which do you like best Red, Blue, Yellow, or Green?

1. Red

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Blue

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. Yellow

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. Green

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacman000

pacman000 Well-Known Member

I'm a torn between Blue (the game I got) and Yellow (it has Pikachu).

2. auteur

auteur Fossil freak

Blue. I prefer the color and I also love some of its version exclusives (Magmar, Pinsir, Ninetales, Persian). Some of these appear in Yellow too, but I dislike the stuff influenced by the anime in Yellow.

3. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Blue for a number of reasons. It was the first I got of the games, it had Blastoise on the cover and the game was blue when played on a Game Boy Color (unless you changed the colors on the starting screen). From an objective point of view, Yellow might be seen as the best game since it has improved sprites and access to all starters, but I still prefer Blue for the above reasons.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  4. BearTown

BearTown He needs a tissue :(

red was the first game I ever owned. plus I love the color of the world xD so red

5. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Blue. Simply because that's my favourite colour.

6. Unoin

Unoin Well-Known Member

Yellow because I love the way each place has its own unique colouring, and you can't 2HKO Brock, unless you train a lot

7. Red simply because it was the first one i got and played it too death

8. MissingBro

MissingBro Member

I picked Yellow for memory purposes, but all games have my favorite pokemon (Missingno) so I'll play any of them. :D

9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

I liked Yellow best. You started with Pikachu and got all the starters

10. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Yellow for me. Mainly because it was my first Pokémon game, another because it had some elements from the anime I liked. And the sprites were fixed so they weren't very ugly like in Red/Blue. I know that Red and Blue are technically the better games in some way because, well, it was original-original and not influenced by anything else, but Yellow still followed the game-play and its formula, it just had a little bit of a challenge because of Pikachu.

And of course, the Pikachu sprite following you around is adorable. I'm happy that trait returned to HG/SS.

11. Wolveram

Wolveram Vogelfänger

I picked Blue because it's the first Pokemon game I ever owned, and I like the blue-ish color of things better. XD

12. I got to go with blue. I love the cover art and I liked the version specific Pokemon better than red ie vuplix and belsprout

13. wc662

wc662 Green Goblin

though my first one was blue, i gotta admit i loved having all three starters on yellow. it kinda made the game easier having water/fire/grass starters PLUS the legendaries, so yea i'm stuck between yellow and blue

EDIT: **** that, I choose blue, you can't even get a meowth in yellow and persian is the ****

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  14. RaZoR LeAf

RaZoR LeAf Night Terror

Or catch something else.

Blue was better. Yellow was just a money making scheme designed to cash in on the popularity of the anime. Blue's version pokemon were mostly better than Red's (Scyther being preferable over Pinsir in the long run), plus, and this is the real main point. Blue is the ONLY game, where Porygon is available for 6999 coins.

15. swampsperts

swampsperts Fight Fire with Fire

The pokemon sprites were improved significantly in Yellow, and so was the selection of Pokemon you could get in-game (only real disappointment for me was no Meowth). But Red/Blue are so classic and IMO more memorable, I'm going to go with Pokemon Red, since I prefer Vileplume, Primeape, Arcanine and Scyther to the Blue counterparts.

16. Ropav

Ropav Howls of Loneliness

Yellow because you had pikachu follow you and you got to recieve all the starters as well.

17. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

Blue was what my mom got for me, so I'm going to stay loyal to it. Looking back, I liked the version exclusives on Blue more anyways.

18. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I liked Red version more because it had the better version exclusives in my opinion (Pokemon like Scyther and Electabuzz). I also liked the red tint on the screen.

19. Shymain

Shymain Shaymin Lover

This was hard, going three ways, as I had red, yellow had pikachu following you, which was so cute, and green, with all the secrets and glitches, but eventually decided to vote for green.

20. saiyan

saiyan New Member

I would say red, cuz on christmas morning I got a yellow GB color and red and yellow. Big Charizard fan here, loved the yellow and red contrast look while playing, not to mention Arcanine is like top five IMO so def RED.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.