• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which do you prefer? The Pokemon Anime or the Pokemon Adventures manga?

Pokemon Anime or Pokemon Adventures?

• Pokemon Anime

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Pokemon Adventures

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Which do you prefer? The Pokemon Anime or the Pokemon Adventures manga?
  • Both are adaptations of the games, the anime is noted for it's endless world approach and the games is noted for it's tightly-focused narrative approach.
  • Both are over 20 years old and are generally considered long-runners of the Pokemon series.
  • Both started in 1997, the Pokemon Adventures manga starting in March 1997 and the Pokemon anime starting in April 1997.
  • Both have a target audience of kids, the Pokemon anime being a Kodomo anime that generally approaches to an audience of 10 and younger and the Pokemon Adventures manga being a Shonen manga that generally approaches an audience of 11 and older.
  • Both are about protagonists exploring the world of Pokemon, discovering new Pokemon, visiting new towns and meeting new people along the way.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Sorry but i love Satoshi and his universe and red and his universe is not really care as much i was younger as i grow very "colder " to the Pokemon special manga nowadays but i do enjoy few reading of course

shoz999

I prefer the Adventures manga of course. Anyone who knows a bit about me, pretty much knows this. It has everything I've wanted in a Pokemon adaptation. Amazing characters, an amazing storyline, an amazing world that ages and captures GameFreak's vision brilliantly, memorable villains, great humor and the Pokemon really show what they are capable in the heat of the action. As for the anime, I do enjoy it out of nostalgia and I'm grateful that it was able to bring a bigger audience to the games in the early days but nowadays, it's not really for me. I'll probably re-continue watching sometime later as a Pokemon fan, maybe enjoy a few episodes here and there that stand out from the rest but ultimately the anime series as a whole is just not for me.

Redstar45

Well I'm fine with that .....to me feel like Pokemon as whole is starting to show it age with me now as i am losing a interested in the Pokemon anime show and special manga and games slowly as i aged with time

shoz999

Another thing I like what the Adventures manga has to offer is simply a sense of progression. Characters actually feel like they grow as a character and even after they reach their goals, the journey isn't necessarily over, aging over the years and with that their experience. It's not just the protagonists but also the supporting characters and villains too that have grown or aged over the years. In some ways, it kind of feels like the regions you thought you knew has also grown.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Pokémon Adventures/Special even though I haven’t read it recently. I feel it’s more sophisticated then the anime. I outgrew the anime a while ago, and I kind of wish they would replace Ash with a new protagonist each gen, like they do in Special/Adventures. Let Ash grow up plz. It gets tiresome seeing the same character do the same thing over and over.

Redstar45

I'll go with the anime, since I don't like the portrayal of attacks and just battles in general in Adventures.
Well i did at first like how badass the battle....now ? Not so much it feel like they're take it too seriously and i feel Pokemon battle is supposed to be fun and not dark stuff that teenager go for it ...feel like xy ani did great job made it fun and badass without to took it too seriously.

shoz999

I'll go with the anime, since I don't like the portrayal of attacks and just battles in general in Adventures.
I like a lot of the battles in Pokemon Adventures because they are short & strategic, ending usually because of a decisive move which is quite accurate in how a lot of battles in the games, be it NPCs or real players, end and not only that but those who understand Pokemon's combat system will enjoy the battles even more, especially when someone pulls a JoJo against the villain lol. So why do you like a lot of the battles in the anime? I assume it's because they are longer, more colorful and has it's fair number of strategic battles from time to time with a much bigger emphasis of sport over necessity? My favorite anime battle personally is Ash vs. Alain.

The manga since it's extremely creative, consistent and easy to follow without it dumbing down certain concepts.
For one thing, I like how there isn't a Brock-like character having to repeatedly explain almost every action in the battle but if they ever adapt Pokemon Adventures into an anime, I wouldn't mind if the animators added a few extra scenes for the Pokemon Announcer. He makes battles feel freaking alive in Battle Revolution.

Pokémon Adventures/Special even though I haven’t read it recently. I feel it’s more sophisticated then the anime. I outgrew the anime a while ago, and I kind of wish they would replace Ash with a new protagonist each gen, like they do in Special/Adventures. Let Ash grow up plz. It gets tiresome seeing the same character do the same thing over and over.
That's what I like about Pokemon Adventures. Every chapter really does feel like a brand new world because it's being explored from the perspective of brand new characters. Honestly, whereas most anime fans want Ash to grow up already or be succeeded by a entirely new character because they are annoyed that Ash's journey hasn't come to an satisfying conclusion yet, I think it's kind of sad that the character's journey has finally come to an end in Pokemon Adventures. For example, I still want to see more of Johto even though Pokemon Adventures has covered pretty much nearly every single inch of it from the games in one complete package. Of course, if they did that, I guess the story arcs would become more dragged-out. As sad as it is, all good things must come to an end.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Ugh here we go again. I've seen a lot of these topics both the anime and the manga sections, and here we go arguing again which is the best yada yada.

Obviously ,Pokespe is best by far than Pokeani. Pokespe changes protagonist every region while the anime still have Ash as a protagonist, and stuck being a 10 year old for many years.

Last edited:

shoz999

Ugh here we go again. I've seen a lot of these topics both the anime and the manga sections, and here we go arguing again which is the best yada yada.

Obviously ,Pokespe is best by far than Pokeani. Pokespe changes protagonist every region while the anime still have Ash as a protagonist, and stuck being a 10 year old for many years.
It's not a simple matter of which is the best. It's what you prefer overall. For example, a lot of anime fans know the Adventures manga is better than the anime in terms of storytelling, characters, lore, a lot of things but those same fans still may prefer the anime because of animation, color, longer battles and a more focus on Gyms.