• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

which fire type for my Emerald team

dbcb

Notes: in game, not for battle frontier. Just for the game and E4

Sceptile
Gardevoir
Hariyama
Slaking
Walrein

I can't decide between Ninetales or Torkoal.

Ninetails would have flamethrower, confuse ray, willowisp, and roar. and I really like its speed as I prefer to use fast guys rather than walls, but its defense is bad and won't take much of a hit

Torkoal would have overheat, rest, toxic?, amnesia. has the same SPA as ninetails but instead of an attacker, its more of a wall. but its sooooooo slooooooooow

which do you think would fit my team better? I am leaning towards ninetails at the moment. and are either useful for the battle frontier? that MAY swing my vote a bit.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well from those two, Ninetales is superior. But seeing from your lack of a Ground/Rock type, I suggest you use Camerupt' its far superior to both in 3rd Gen;

Camerupt @ Brave/Quiet
Flame Body
-Flamethrower
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Filler

dbcb

hmmm i can be down with the retarded looking camel... didn't even think about him.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
hmmm i can be down with the retarded looking camel... didn't even think about him.

Ninetales/Torkoal are pretty limited in the 3rd Gen, and Camerupt does have 100 Base Attack and 105 Base Special Attack.

TheLupineOne

I'M GETTING WHITE.

Don't be nasty. Camerupt is an awesome Fire/Ground type.

* Ducks to avoid people referring to it's x4 Weakness to water *

In my experience, Torkoal is more useful in the E4 due to its fantastic defense. The only thing Ninetales has going for it is speed, but speed doesn't help much when your special attack is average. Ninetales won't OHKO anything that isn't weak to fire anytime soon.