• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which game is the rarest game you own?

Dwlr

Banned
Suikoden II <-- Many fans really want the physical copy. And today this game cost about $500+ :p

It's only worth 500+ dollars if it's mint and unopened otherwise it's price is going to go way down. I'd be surprised if you could get a fifth of what a unopened would and that's if it's in perfect condition.

Innocentmercy

It's only worth 500+ dollars if it's mint and unopened otherwise it's price is going to go way down. I'd be surprised if you could get a fifth of what a unopened would and that's if it's in perfect condition.

* I saw the unopen version on ebay last year [black labeled version] and it is already sold by someone. Now the expensive one with the same version decrease by $200 so its $300 now. For the used version it usually ranges from $80 and up.

- I don't really know if Suikoden IV, Tactics, and V was considered rare. I already have all the games as well as Suikoden V, including the exclusive art frame of it.

Gamer Fluttershy

Oh man, then I have to rummage into my shelf again.

Vagrant Story
Golden Sun I and II
Chrono Trigger
Xenogears
Grandia Xtreme
Lunar Silver Star Story
Lunar Eternal Blue
Disgaea 2
Legend of Mana

I don't really know if Persona 3 and 4 in the PS2 even counts.

I'm jealous so many great games

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Is the MGS HD collection really that rare? I still replay MGS3 on mine occasionally.

Nope, only the Legacy Collection exclusively for the PS3, which I think had all the canonical games, MGS4 with the trophy patch already patched in the disc, an art book, and I think a documentary or some behind the scenes. I wasn't going to get it because I already had the games separately, but if only I knew it was someday going to be rare T______T

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Ogre Battle 64 (N64) and Einhander (PS1) are really the only two rare games I have that are still selling high.

I also have Earthbound on the SNES. Not rare, but a lot of people go nuts to get their hands on that game. It's a great game with its own quirky style, but I wouldn't exactly go bonkers for it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
We have NES games still lying around, so those probably count (though I haven't played them outside of Xenophobe briefly as a kid):

Xenophobe
10-Yard Fight
R.C. Pro-Am
1943: The Battle of Midway

For Nintendo 64, I'd have to say Extreme-G and Asteroids Hyper 64, though I'll go ahead and say Quest 64 as well. I doubt any of those count as rare, honestly, but they're at least obscure enough, I suppose. Maybe.

We have a lot of GameBoy Color games that I can't really list them all that might be rare. The Simpsons Tree House of Horror game might count, now that I think about it... there's also the Scooby Doo Classic Creep Capers GameBoy Color game. Not sure how well that sold despite the GBC game having a better score than the N64 version.

Last edited:

Lunar-Kuto

Go on, smile!
Rarest game I own? I'm saying this mostly on how many times I have seen it on sale and the quantity of said title. But I would say

Gotcha Force (Gamecube)

I also may have a copy of Vib Ribbon (Playstation 1) somewhere. If I do, that is my rarest game.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I have an NES and a whole assortment of its games. Maybe like half the entire library! They're all packed away and I don't really want to rummage through them. I definitly have all the classics though. The same goes for a Sega Genesis, but I don't have nearly as many games for it.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
The games I own that I considered the "rare" are:

Odin Sphere (PS2)
Pokemon Box - Ruby & Sapphire (GameCube)
Pokemon Colosseum (GameCube)
Pokemon Stadium Battle 2 (N64)
Shining Force EXA (PS2)
Tales of Symphonia (GameCube)
Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Xenosaga Episode I, II, III (PS2)

These are my games that I considered "rare" are just my personal opinion and has nothing to do with my favorites. I don't how rare they actually are.

Miltank+ Dragonite=evil

You'll never know!
Well my dad owns super street fighter II turbo for the 3do. It's awesome. Mine would be pokemon sapphire

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Capcom vs SNK 2 for me. I've been looking for that game for 2-3 years until I bought it at game crazy before they closed down. Others include the original Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Bros 3 for the NES. Too bad my NES doesn't work anymore.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I guess its Pokemon XD:GoD, and Pokemon Sapphire.
I guess a few other gamecube titles and gameboy advance titles too but I no wanna look up their price ._. or I don't really know if they are that rare.

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
Would Elebits for the Wii count? Mine is the only physical copy I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean anything. It's DS sequel, The Adventures of Kai and Zero, I know is rare. Finding info. on the bosses on the internet is almost impossible without youtube.
I also have FFF: Chocobo's Dungeons and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. I think that about covers it.

Canto

The rarest thing I have would probably be Radiant Historia. Maybe not exactly rare, but I've never seen it in a store.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
I don't actually know whether it is rare or not, but I'd say US Super Metroid.