• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which game is the rarest game you own?

MaxPwn

The rarest game I own would have to be Killer Instinct Gold. Even if its not all that rare its still quite a hefty sum to get off Amazon.

-Raiga-

Xenoblade. I could easily sell this game for like $200 but it's just too good to do that.

Is it really as rare as everyone says it is? Every gamestop I've went to has them lining the used wii game sections.

Anywho, for me, its hard to say. If you're strictly talking in terms of how easy it is to find said game, not it's actual value that is. Namely because my entire collection are the likes of old school rpgs, jrpgs, NIS games, etc. They aren't rare because they are hard to find, they just simply aren't produced that much because of their limited market.

Even disregarding those, I'm still not sure. As I consider it a game, I'd say I haven't seen too many original gameboy cameras around. So maybe that?

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I still have all my old N64 games, though how rare they are is debateable.

Pokémon Stadium 1/2
Goldeneye 007
WaveRacer
Pokémon Snap
Superman 64(not rare, just put it up for hahas xD)

I have others but can't think of them.

I also have my Gamecube games

Pokemon Colosseum/XD
Yugioh falsebound Kingdom
Starfox Assault
Tales of Symphonia
Harvest Moon:New Beginning
Some star wars game whose name is escaping me
Super Smash bros Melee

And Xenoblade for the Wii is rare in that not many were made and it was towards the end of the Wii's lifespan before the WiiU came out. Still expensive. One I saw used was $80.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Xenoblade. I could easily sell this game for like $200 but it's just too good to do that.

Why does everyone keep saying that? I saw a new copy being sold at Gamestop the other day for like fifty bucks

Abstinence Pistols

Is it really as rare as everyone says it is? Every gamestop I've went to has them lining the used wii game sections.

Why does everyone keep saying that? I saw a new copy being sold at Gamestop the other day for like fifty bucks

A few months ago it was still crazy rare but GameStop recently started some program where they reprint used games in high demand like Xenoblade Chronicles or Metroid Prime Trilogy. It's more or less an excuse to get people to pay 50+ bucks for a used Wii game. Right when they started they still tried to charge like 80 bucks for them though, it was outrageous.

I don't have much but I have the Fire Emblem 3DS if that counts for anything. I used to have Electroplankton but I sold it (which I regret dearly).

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Some research suggests that Rule of Rose is pretty damned rare in the US. Most copies on eBay are sitting at around $100.

A few months ago it was still crazy rare but GameStop recently started some program where they reprint used games in high demand like Xenoblade Chronicles or Metroid Prime Trilogy. It's more or less an excuse to get people to pay 50+ bucks for a used Wii game. Right when they started they still tried to charge like 80 bucks for them though, it was outrageous.

If there's one thing I have to give GameStop, it's that they know that a lot of gamers are really, really dumb when it comes to money.

Jb

Tsun in the streets

You should of bought it and sold it. I'm thinking of putting my copy up for sale for about $10,000. I mean, if some guy could score 20k for his used one, I should be able to get 10k for a mint one. Someone rich will buy it.

Zibdas

not bad
You should of bought it and sold it. I'm thinking of putting my copy up for sale for about $10,000. I mean, if some guy could score 20k for his used one, I should be able to get 10k for a mint one. Someone rich will buy it.

I didn't bring my wallet with me. I was just seeing if they happened to have Punch-Out!! when I saw the game, noted that it had the Used sticker, and moved on. Some other guy immediately came up and ran off with it. When the cashier lady was ringing it up, she was all "Oh, this just came straight out of the warehouse, so it's brand new, despite what the sticker says. I have no idea why they started doing that."

Is this something that a lot of stores do, or was this just a weird case?

Sable-Xeno

Almighty Idiot
Hmm. I don't know of many stores that do that, so it may have been an exception...though, people tend to buy games used, if possible, maybe for decreased price, or having the previous owner's memory...I guess, if it boosts sales...

Anyway, the rarest game I have, hands down, is Earthbound. I got it on my birthday off Ebay, afew years before it came out on the VC. It was crazy expensize but totally worth it.

A close second (or maybe even first) is my copy of Secret of Mana. It comes with the box (albeit with much wear and tear), and it also had the original manuel + the map.

Keysmash

buys meat
MGS: Peace Walker? Zoo Tycoon 2 DS? Bowser's Inside Story? I only ever play games everyone and their mother already own...

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

Someone stupid, you mean. (Also, I'm predicting not.)

I didn't bring my wallet with me. I was just seeing if they happened to have Punch-Out!! when I saw the game, noted that it had the Used sticker, and moved on. Some other guy immediately came up and ran off with it. When the cashier lady was ringing it up, she was all "Oh, this just came straight out of the warehouse, so it's brand new, despite what the sticker says. I have no idea why they started doing that."

Is this something that a lot of stores do, or was this just a weird case?

No, I suspect that many GameStop stores will do this, as they're probably beholden to the MSRP when it comes to new products.

-Raiga-

A close second (or maybe even first) is my copy of Secret of Mana. It comes with the box (albeit with much wear and tear), and it also had the original manuel + the map.

Now THAT would be awesome to have! I myself have the same thing going for Secret of Evermore, which while I consider the game to be better than Mana, simply can't compare in terms of nostalgia and value.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I guess my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy would be my rarest. I still have the original box and the manual booklet, so I've got the complete package.

Best $35 dollars I ever spent. Thanks, Family Video!

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Almost every Gamecube game I own(At least here,where we have a lack of Gamecube games),and Pokemon Silver.Maybe the player's choice Super Mario Sunshine might be rarer then the others....I have no idea.Maybe also Pokemon Silver...

Last edited:

Tackoman657

Lampent is good.
I'm going to have to say my rarest game is Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for the Wii. Because of some copyright infringement or somethin like that, they took the game out of stores years ago.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
The rarest game I have is not exactly a rare game, but a rare collection of games. Specifically, the Legend of Zelda Collector's edition disc for the Game Cube - which has the first two Zelda games, plus Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and some Wind Waker sneak previews (the disc came out before Wind Waker did). It came with my Game Cube when I got it several years ago, and I haven't seen too many around since.

I also have a working SNES, which is also apparently rare these days. XP

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
The rarest game I have is not exactly a rare game, but a rare collection of games. Specifically, the Legend of Zelda Collector's edition disc for the Game Cube - which has the first two Zelda games, plus Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and some Wind Waker sneak previews (the disc came out before Wind Waker did). It came with my Game Cube when I got it several years ago, and I haven't seen too many around since.

I also have a working SNES, which is also apparently rare these days. XP

They may still be a bit costly, but they are nowhere near "rare".

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
SNES are dirt cheap, you can get them for like $30 even in good condition.

My rarest games are probably Metroid Prime Trilogy and the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE.