• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which game is the rarest game you own?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
SNES are dirt cheap, you can get them for like $30 even in good condition.
That's about how much I got mine for.

I have Metroid Prime Trilogy as well, but I also have SNES Earthbound. I had the chance to get Pokemon Box: RS for about $140.

Pyroli

Banned
I have the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy for the Sony Playstation in mint condition, along with a relatively new copy of Eternal Darkness for Gamecube. (Found it at our local pawn shop for under $10) Not to mention my copy of Tomba! (PS1) and my copy of Final Fantasy 7 that came with the strategy guide.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I have an unopened copy (still in the shrink wrap) of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness. It's been over 7 years, and it still hasn't gone up in price :(

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I have an unopened copy (still in the shrink wrap) of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness. It's been over 7 years, and it still hasn't gone up in price :(

There aren't many Pokemon games that are rare. Colo and XD are the only ones that come to mind immediately.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There aren't many Pokemon games that are rare. Colo and XD are the only ones that come to mind immediately.
Not really much of a game, but Pokemon Box: R/S is rare with a big price sticker on it.

Hiro__

∞Melancholy∞
Not sure what really counts as "rare"... and I've only been collecting games for a little while. But if other peoples' posts are any indication, I have
Golden Sun 1 & 2,
Fire Emblem PoR and RD, (and sacred stones if that's considered rare...?)
World Ends With You,
Tales of Symphonia (recent acquisition I found in a gamestore near my middle-of-nowhere college),
Twilight Princess for GC
Zelda Collector's Edition for GC
A black label copy of Melee for GC
LoZ: Four Swords Adventures for GC
Pokemon Colosseum and XD...
Used to have Sunshine, Pikmin 2, and Wind Waker for GC, but they were stolen, and I lost a crapton of other games all at once. :/

...those are what come up off the top of my head... I'd have to dig around for more. And I only got into video games when the gamecube/gba were a thing so I don't have much from earlier than that. D:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
i have gta san andreas (greatest hits) for the ps2 which i believe is quite difficult to find

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I think it would be Ogre Battle for the SNES. I'm not 100 percent sure if this is the rarest game I own, but I do know it's one of the rarest video games there is, that's actually a full game and not a contest game.

fitzy909

Just another guy
It would have to be Xenoblade Chronicles. Not the rarest game ever, but it took me bloody ages to find.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
The rarest game I have is not exactly a rare game, but a rare collection of games. Specifically, the Legend of Zelda Collector's edition disc for the Game Cube - which has the first two Zelda games, plus Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and some Wind Waker sneak previews (the disc came out before Wind Waker did). It came with my Game Cube when I got it several years ago, and I haven't seen too many around since.

I also have this, and the Master Quest disc, which somehow I expect is rarer.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I'm going to say for mine it will probably be the Arcana Heart series, all those arcana franchise took me months to have one and yes I'm not that rich unlike other people

miShellder

Bank Ball Collector
I have some of the GBC and GBA Pokemon games that are factory sealed with the 'H-seam'. Out of all them, I would say Pokemon Silver or Pokemon Emerald would be the rarest.

It may not be very popular but I have a copy of Sunset Riders for the SNES. I also have the Zelda Collector's Edition for GameCube.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Not sure if these count...

Super Mario Bros 3 for the GBA
Super Mario World for the GBA
Silent Hill 4: The Room for xbox (not the 360)

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
I have:

Pokemon Silver,
All the FE GBA Games,
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team (I don't know if its rare, but a lot of people who probably had a DS around the time had Blue)

I think that's it. I can't remember all of the games I have....