• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which game to replay to fill out pokedex?

Which game will fill out or add unique pokemon to the Ultra Moon 'dex?

• Pokemon Omega Ruby

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

BamBam135

Hey all, to start, my DS with Pokebank storage was stolen a few summers ago, effectively throwing out my 10yr collection of pokemon stored in Pokebank.

I currently have Pokemon Y and Omega Ruby that have my old data of empty PC boxes (they were most usually in Bank) and a few event pokemon I picked up when I bought a new DS and Ultra Moon. Which game should I replay from start to finish in order to replenish my Ultra Moon dex and come back an older, more refined trainer?

Additionally, I also have Pokemon Black, is there a way I can play through that and transfer up into Ultra Moon on one 3ds device?

BCVM22

Generation V games transfer to Bank via Poké Transporter and can be withdrawn in any Generation VI or Generation VII game from there, though once you've withdrawn them in any of the latter, you cannot re-deposit them and withdraw them in any of the former.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
Why not just catch all you can in your current game, and try to use the GTS to obtain the ones you are missing?

ruxy_100

I'm sure you have already looked into it - but have you contacted Nintendo to try to get your Nintendo Network ID de-linked from the stolen DS, and linked to your new one?

In response to your question - I found Omega Ruby to have a higher volume of unique Pokémon for a national dex. But if you play Ultra Moon, Omega Ruby, and Y, you WILL be able to get every Pokemon in the national dex, including legendaries (but not mythicals). It will require a couple of trades for the version exclusives in OR and Y, but that's easy enough to do. ORAS and X&Y were designed to have the complete dex between them, and Ultra Moon has every new Pokémon added in Gen 7 (again requiring easy trades for the version exclusives).

You can transfer from both Y and Omega Ruby directly into Ultra Moon through bank.