• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which games did you beat in 2018?

M.P.

Retired
As the title says, which games did you manage to beat last year.

My list:
1. Pokemon Ultra Sun
2. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. God of War (PS4)
5. Assassin's Creed Origins
6. Garfield: Lasagna World Tour
7. Marvel's Spider-Man
8. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
9. Spyro the Dragon (Reignited Trilogy)

I also replayed Kingdom Hearts II (though this time it was the Final Mix version), several Ratchet & Clank and Sly games as well as Batman: Arkham Origins.

Dunno if I can recall all of them, but (including visual novels):

First time:
-Gravity Rush (either the last couple of days in 2017 or early 2018, can’t remember)
-Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star
-Cinderella Phenomenon
-The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (1&2)
-The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC
-Akiba’s Beat
-Persona 4 Golden
-Professor Layton and the Lost Future > Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (every game in between too)

Replay:
-Akiba’s Beat (again)
-Pokemon Omega Ruby
-Layton Brothers: Mystery Room

With my sister (so she played mostly, I helped with guides and strategies):
-Dragon Age: Inquisition
-Final Fantasy XV
-Dishonoured > Dishonoured 2 (including Daud DLC, we finished off Death of the Outsider a couple of days ago so it technically doesn’t count)

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Okay, this is a long list, and is probably my new high score that I can't possibly hope to beat this year. Prepare yourselves.

1. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (How did this game manage to get away with being so hard, yet convince me to keep playing?)
2. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory (best JPRG 2018; yeah, I said it, fight me)
3. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (4x speed is a godsend; I really liked how different the story was; I ship Gabranth with your OC)
4. Life is Strange: Before the Storm (I, for one, liked that final, final scene; Don't act like we're all forgetting how this story ends)
5. Telltale's Batman Season 2 (I deliberately got the Vigilante Joker route and regret nothing; always play as Bruce over Batman; that wasn't Bruce visiting John at the end)
6. Detective Pikachu (it's like the Yoshi's Story to the main games; probably shouldn't have been $40)
7. A Hat in Time (still waiting for that DLC; best platformer 2018; it's really fun you guys you should play it; Mario Sunshine clone and I don't care)
8. Mass Effect: Andromeda (I liked it; 70+ hours; surprising, I know; y'all still salty about 3's ending; I played a year after it came out so it was hopefully patched up)
9. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (I'm pretty sure he doesn't have powers; I was a good boy; just play LiS 2 instead)
10: A Way Out (my co-player was out to get me; he sabatoged me; it's better when it's not trying to be CoD; very fun local co-op experience)
11: Octopath Traveler (big disappointment for me; yeah, I said it, fight me IRL; great music that's used up towards the beginning; awful plot and interaction; too much forced level grinding)
12: Spider-Man (haven't played DLC yet; best action game 2018; it's Arkham, but harder; love Screwball, best villain)
13: Undertale (Slowpoke meme here; underwhelmed due to fan overhype; Pacifist Run is only run; wow, bosses are hard when you're not trying to kill them; what are items?)
14: Abzu (cool small zen game to detox from scary real life)
15: Little Nightmares (it's you; you are the little nightmare; really cool claymation-esque tense (kinda horror?) game; hum theme song for days)
16: Mario Tennis Aces (hated how difficult Story Mode was; rage quitted; you don't even play tennis in order to win; felt betrayed for how much I was looking forward to this)
17: Layers of Fear (and DLC; this is a really good horror game that doesn't rely on jumpscares, though there are some used sparingly; pretty short, too)
18: Octodad: Dadliest Catch (once you get used to the controls, it's surprisingly easy to maneuver; also genuinely funny and sweet)
19: Detroit: Become Human (I felt feelings; I got the child killed at the last possible second; all I want is peace; not a typical David Cage game)
20: Journey (see: Abzu; MY companions didn't wait for me to find and collect everything)
21: Maize (British humour- the game; sometimes obtuse in puzzle logic; Vladdy deserved better)
22: The Council (great start, poor finish; rushed ending; sudden supernatural elements not necessary; for the dialog tree lovers)
23: Your Dry Delight (I got a tablet for Christmas and this was the first game I downloaded; a free Yaoi visual novel game set in the 1920s Prohibition era, where you and your...partner are trying to enforce Prohibition; naturally, your other love interest is a mob boss; well done for a 2 hour free game)

Whew! That was quite the eclectic list of games. Most of them I never planned on getting in the first place, but here we are. I'm proud of this list, I had fun most of the time, and I'm hoping this year's list will include games I love just as much.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
1) Sparkle 2

Been trying to work on some other games though, so I just haven't had the time to beat more of them.

JayZz

Guardians Of The Galaxy: Telltale Series

Dead Island Definitive Edition

Call Of Duty: WWII

SummerHaze

League of Legends and Apex Legends. Both awesome.
Right now I play CS:GO through esport platform https://dreamteam.gg/csgo/analytics. There are so many players from different countries, playing with a team is very cool. Want to become a pro player one day.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The only game I’ve beaten this year was Mortal Kombat 11’s Story Mode. I am currently working on the Krypt unlocks and so far I have unlocked most of the sections with only the one Bridge, second Krytin hive, and Shang Tsung’s Throne Room left to unlock. I’m also attempting to get all the arcade endings and have gotten about eight of the so far. The Kustomization Mode is also fun to use and so far my variation names I have are Greedy for Kollector, Hammer Time Shao Kahn,, Killer Hat Kung Lao, and Deadly Frost for Frost. There’s a few more I can’t think of the names right now. Hammer Time Shao Kahn is my favorite as I set Hammer moves as the main feature.