• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which games had the best story?

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Never really played Sun/Moon, so I'll go with Black/White, as Ghetsis' plot was actually quite clever, and I loved how most Gym Leaders helped stop the Sages at the end.

vondecayle

Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness! I haven’t finished Legends Arceus yet, but it’s a contender. B/W too.

Last edited:

RandomCharizard

Platinum because of the Distortion World stuff that expanded on Giratina's backstory. Just wish Charon had a bigger part to play in the main storyline.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
1 Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Gen 3 was one of the first games i played (i didn't have a nintendo for quite a while after my white Game Boy Advance Broke)
and Omega Ruby was my first 3DS game. The 3D graphic really brings life into the game.

2: Sun and Moon: Ultra Sun was a really good story despite the hand holding cutscenes

3 X and Y: The story was kinda all over the place at first but the endgame is great. I wish Zygarde was more related to the game instead of just sitting in a cave. (He at least gets a massive role in season 2 of the X and Y series.

Pokefan_1987

I liked the darker and serious tone of XY story.
Still waiting for another game with that tone..... ;;
Technically Legends Arceus is quite dark. Your character is abducted by Arceus and sent into Hisui. Your character can be knocked out (instead of just your team) You get kicked out of Jubilife Village because of a big misunderstanding often a enormous rift which is nearly tearing the sky.
Volo who helps you suspiciously often turns out to be a very serious psychopathic threat who literally commands Giratina to kill you.
After all that your character is trapped to live in Hisui.

If that's not dark then i don't know what is :eek:

Xuxuba

Honestly, probably the spin-off games like the Ranger series and Mystery Dungeon.

It's hard to pick a main one since they rarely attempt to put any effort into the story. But if i had to pick a main game, it'd probably be LoA or Black & White. At least when it comes to the plot because the characters weren't that likeable (and often got in the way of the gameplay). They are like the opposite of ShSw which has really enjoyable characters (like Sonia, Marnie and Bede) but goddamn awful, unoriginal, barebones plot (contributed by the awful villain to be fair). Meanwhile, i appreciate Gen 7 games for dealing with serious/important issues like child abuse, but honestly it felt like the series wasn't about your journey with Pokémon anymore, instead being all about a family that has nothing to do with you or your pokémon (also, a lot of the dialogue was unnecessary and repetitive).

Now if i had to pick one with good balance between characters and plot, i'd pick Platinum. Tho the plot is simplistic, it still works well.

Pokefan_1987

Yes, LOA was a wonderful game
It has a special place in my heart, especially since it is the only game to give love to Kalos besides gen 6 games.
I didn't notice any Kalos references Pokemon Legends except Fairy types are now in Sinnoh including BDSP since Gen 6 gave us Fairy types.

Honestly, probably the spin-off games like the Ranger series and Mystery Dungeon.

It's hard to pick a main one since they rarely attempt to put any effort into the story. But if i had to pick a main game, it'd probably be LoA or Black & White. At least when it comes to the plot because the characters weren't that likeable (and often got in the way of the gameplay). They are like the opposite of ShSw which has really enjoyable characters (like Sonia, Marnie and Bede)
I can't stand him his old granny hair-type just doesn't seem right on boys. Especially a not young person making them look very old already.
Sonia though i actually liked her among the recent era of new characters. She starts like a tour guide friend who eventually gets a responsible job as a regional Professor with good looks to go along with it.
Only left for me to wonder if Peony would switch from his expedition lifestyle and take the role of Macro Cosmo CEO to rectify their wrong-doings if he hears about Rose and Olivia having been exiled.

Last edited:

Xuxuba

I can't stand him his old granny hair-type just doesn't seem right on boys. Especially a not young person making them look very old already.
Sonia though i actually liked her among the recent era of new characters. She starts like a tour guide friend who eventually gets a responsible job as a regional Professor with good looks to go along with it.
Only left for me to wonder if Peony would switch from his expedition lifestyle and take the role of Macro Cosmo CEO to rectify their wrong-doings if he hears about Rose and Olivia having been exiled.
I like that he challenges gender stereotypes. As for Sonia, i am more interested in her personality and growth than her looks or even her role in the story, since the Darkest day's cliché and predictable lore didn't add much to the story in my opinion. Couldn't tell you much about Peony though, as i had no interest in buying the dlc after being greatly bored by SwSh's routes, main story and gameplay. That said, from what i have seen in videos, the Crown Tundra's characters do seem interesting, at least more so than the characters from Isle of Armor.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Definitely Gen V as a whole followed by ORAS. They all had amazing stories that kept your attention. XY also had a good story but it some of the plot was dull or didn’t make much sense. USUM had a better story than SM but not as nearly good as the Gen V games.

Pokefan_1987

Definitely Gen V as a whole followed by ORAS. They all had amazing stories that kept your attention. XY also had a good story but it some of the plot was dull or didn’t make much sense. USUM had a better story than SM but not as nearly good as the Gen V games.
Some things were silly. Taking over a pokeball factory and the Lumiose powerplant being in the middle of a desert