• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Games Have Your Favourite...

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
Pokémon: B/W
Starters: D/P
Legendaries: B/W
Region: G/S
Protagonists: B/W
Rival: G/S
Professor: R/B/Y
Gym Leaders: G/S
Elite Four: B/W
Champion: D/P
Evil Team/s: B/W
Plot: B/W
Music: G/S
New/Improved Mechanic: X/Y

ECM

Pokémon: Gen 1. They are the ones I grew up with and known the longest. I love the Pokémon in every generation, but overall, gen 1 has a lot of my favorites, like Bulbasaur, Jynx, Onix, Ninetales, Jolteon, Growlithe, and many others. Pokémon wouldn't be where it is today if it weren't for the original 151 that started it all.

Starters: Again I'm going with gen 1. Same reasons as the last one I guess. Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle are all among my favorite Pokémon. Especially Bulbasaur, my very first Pokémon :)

Legendaries: This one's a bit trickier. Jirachi is my absolute favorite, but then I also love Mew and Mewtwo, but then I favor the legendary beasts out of all the trios. Overall, I'm gonna have to pick Gen 2, because it's the one where I think I like them as a collective moreso than in other gens. Even then, tomorrow I might have a different answer.

Region: Another tricky one, haha. My answer has changed over the years, but right now I'm gonna say Kalos because of how expansive it is and the different caves and terrains that it has.

Protagonists: I like Red and Green a lot. I spent a great portion of my childhood playing as Red, who then ends up becoming one of the most powerful trainers in the world, which is pretty epic. And then Green/Leaf because I like her design, and I like her Manga counterpart.

Rival: I'm starting to feel like a genwunner, but Blue. He is a little bit of a jerk with an ego, he is always one step ahead of you, he becomes the champion, in FR/LG he uses a Tyranitar (which is awesome) and becomes a gym leader, without a type theme might I add. Plus he's Prof. Oaks grandson which is cool.

Professor: Prof. Oak...

Gym Leaders: so this one is a little hard to decide. I love the gen 1 gym leaders, but in later generations I liked how they gave them more to do, like in Gen 5. So I'm gonna say that as far as just their designs and characters, gen 1, but how the games handled their role in the story, gen 5.

Elite Four: Gen 2. Well, more like HG/SS. Will is cool looking. Koga's promotion from Gym Leader to Elite Four member was pretty cool at the time. Bruno is just Bruno, haha. And Karen's well known quote about using Pokémon that you like is fantastic.

Champion: I like Cynthia. I feel like she has the most diverse teams.

Evil Team/s: So, I have a soft spot for Team Rocket, however, I think Team Plasma takes the cake as best villanous team. They were a great part as to why Black and White had such a good story.

Plot: B/W. Most compelling story for sure. I never played Pokémon for the story, so I was pleasantly surprised when I played White. Also, I'd like to give an honorable mention to the Mystery Dungeon games, specifically, Explorers of Sky.

Music: All of them. I'm not choosing, I can't.

New/Improved Mechanic: okay, so I would have said the day and night system introduced in gen 2, but I can't. Mega Evolution completely took the cake. I love it, it made Pokémon new again (at least for me) and I'm looking forward to see what other Pokémon will get them in the future.

I'm like emotional that it's been 20 years since it came out in Japan. Time flies.

Ichneumon

Pokémon: I'd have to say generation 3. I really liked that in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire you had a pokedex consisting of almost completely new pokemon and most of them greatly designed. Those games introduced a lot of cool Pokemon
Starters: Not sure which are my favorites. I would say either Red, Blue, Yellow or Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald. I didn't really care much for the gen 2 starters. I usually pick the fire starter on my first play-through. Only exceptions have been Gen 2 (Totodile) and Gen 4 (Piplup). My favorite of all the starters end-evolutions is Blaziken, so I'll say Gen 3.
Legendaries: I'd have to choose Gen 5, Black & White. While I think the designs of the legendaries really went south after gen 3, I really liked the post-game hunting after the different legendaries in Black & White.
Region: That would be a tie between the gen 2 and 3 games. Both regions were excellent. I think I like the feel of the gen 2 region better.
Protagonists: Crystal and above, all the games in which you could choose between being a boy and a girl.
Rival: Gen 2. I liked that the rival was more clearly 'evil' than in gen 1 and in later games.
Professor: Gen 2, Professor Oak. I remember that I thought it was really cool that got to meet Oak again.
Gym Leaders: Gen 3. Nothing beats fighting against your own father.
Elite Four: Not sure. None were very memorable to me.
Champion: Lance, all the way.
Evil Team/s: Gen 3, Team Magma & Aqua were a refreshing new take after two games of fighting team rocket and their motivations were something original and less farfetched than in later games.
Plot: I really liked the 'pokemon rights/liberation' plot of Pokemon Black/White, but thought the end-game was a bit too heavy. I think I prefer my Pokemon games to be plot-light, so I'll choose Gen 2. I loved fighting side by side with Lance against Team Rocket near lake Gyarados.
Music: Gen 1
New/Improved Mechanic: Gen 2, Pokemon Breeding. Easy.

GDSpeed

Poke-Weeb
Pokémon:Gen 5, Is it wrong to love the Ice cream and Trash bag?... Gen 4 also has some cool pokemon, like Leafeon and Togekiss
Starters:Gen 5, Snivy and Oshawott 'nough said, but Gen 6 startes are some of my favorite
Legendaries:Gen 4, Bring most legends to the table, and some are epic... But Victini will always be my favorite
Region:Unova... and Kalos
Protagonists:Hilbert or Hilda, will always be my favorites, since they made N change his mind ;3;)7
Rival:HUGH AND HIS PURRLOIN
Professor: Ze French Sycamore iz Kewl
Gym Leaders:Gen 5, Music, Characters and OMG
Elite Four:Gen 5... It's the only generation with a Black Guy, and Caitlin from Gen 4 returns
Champion:Cynthia 'nough said
Evil Team/s:Team Plasme... N, Ghetsis and Colress 'nough said
Plot:B/W2, Tried to stop team neo plasme, and return Hugh's Purrloin... Still a better love story than twilight
Music:GEN 5, HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THE MUSIC
New/Improved Mechanic:Gen 4 with split physical and special moves.... Or gen 5 with infinite Tm's

I think i made it clear that i love gen 5

Serene Havoc

Pokémon: Gen 1. Sure they have bunch of eggs for Pokemon but it's still great.

Starters: Gen 4. All of them were awesome. But: Gen 1 has Bulbasaur, Gen 2 has Totodile, Gen 3 has Treecko, Gen 6 has Froakie.

Legendaries: I like almost all legendaries but if I pick one, it's Rayquaza.

Region: Kalos. It was simply gorgeous and Lumiose city in particular. Really felt like a city.

Protagonists: Gen 3, although I mean with FireRed & LeafGreen games. I base a lot of things on designs and Red and his female counterpart (Blue) looked great. Also as a fan of Pokemon Special manga, Red and Blue in that series are awesome.

Rival: Silver. Him having Crobat and the friendship-evolution portraying character growth was a stroke of genius. I wouldn't be surprised if Crobat was created solely to show Silver's growth in the games.

Professor: Prof. Rowan looks great but I think I'll call Prof. Oak when I want to know something about Pokemon.

Gym Leaders: Generation 1, for nostalgia's sake. Brock and Misty.

Elite Four: I can't really name any Elite Four members except for the first Generation bunch. So I guess Gen 1 again.

Champion: Gonna jump on the Cynthia wagon here. Great looking character, involved in the story, strong team and gives out Togepi.

Evil Team/s: Team Rocket. Let's face it, when we talk about Evil Teams, we are talking about their boss.
Giovanni is great. His popularity is backed by countless theories around him. He is straight-forward and yet has an enigmatic quality to him.

Plot: Platinum had me really enjoying the game for its plot. Looker probably played huge part in that. I'm happy that he's a recurring character.

Music: Pokemon has great music in all their games. Fact.
Platinum intro music, Reshiram/Zekrom music, Lysandre battle theme, Wally battle theme, Heartgold Soulsilver musics in general, Cynthia battle theme, Lance/Red battle theme, the list will go on forever.

New/Improved Mechanic: With each generation, great mechanics were added. Physical/Special split alone makes Gen1 ~ Gen3 almost unplayable for me now.
But my favorite's gotta be Double Battles introduced in Gen 3.
It's no wonder why that format is standard VGC.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Pokemon: Hoenn. Hoenn introduced the most of my favourite Pokemon. Also Kanto and Johto though. I love all three generations in terms of designs.

Starters: Hoenn again, but also Kanto and Johto. Same as above, basically. Charizard, Swampert, Sceptile, those would be my top favourite starters.

Legendaries: Hoenn has the biggest amount of my favourite Legendaries, but also Xerneas from Kalos, Heatran from Shinnoh, Zekrom, Kami Trio and Kyurem from Gen V, and Entei and Raikou from Gen II.

Region: Hoenn by far. Johto and Unova as well. Those are my top 3 favourites easily. But Hoenn is n1.

Protagonist: Red, Ethan, Brendan and Hilbert. All four of them. Their designs basically have no issues.

Professor: Oak and Birch.

Rival: idk. Maybe BW.

Gym Leaders: Johto. Great Gym Leaders, all of them.

E4: I don't like any of them particularly. Maybe Hoenn or Johto.

Champ: Steven Stone by far!

Villain Team/s: Team Aqua and Team Magma, probably, but also Team Rocket.

Plot: ORAS Hoenn, easily. But Johto and BW Unova are fantastic as well.

Music: Hoenn and Johto

New/Improved mechanic. Gen IV special split. It just perfected the battle system. Everything they introduced later, add to the experience, but are not essential, like the Gen IV mechanics were.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
Pokemon: Sinnoh by far. 6 out of my top 10 pokemon come from Sinnoh.

Starters: Sinnoh My favorite starter is Empoleon but Infernape and Torterra are right behind it.

Legendaries: Sinnoh again :) they are the most interesting to me.

Region: Kalos it is the most beautiful, But Sinnoh is a close second.

Protagonist: Unova specifically Hilbert,Hilda, and Rosa. Also Kalos,Hoenn, and Sinnoh for Serena,Calem,May,Brenden,Lucas, and Princess Dawn.

Professor: Sycamore since he battles alot.

Rival: Silver because of his development and backstory.

Gym leaders: Unova mostly BW

E4: I want to say kalos because i like siebold and malva or Unova because of caitlin and Shauntal.

Champion: Queen Cynthia her battle was intense and had the best music imo.

Villan team: BW1 Team Plasma and Team Galactic

Plot: BW1

Music: Hoenn,Sinnoh,Unova,Kalos

New Mechanic: Gen 4 Physical/Special Split

Echo Nacyl

Man, some of these are hard!

Most of my answers are given by region rather than gme. It's just easier for me to think about it that way.

Pokémon: Overall Pokemon, I have to give to Unova. I fell in love immediately with Hydreigon, Scrafty, Samurott, Krookodile, Archeops, Zoroark, Reuniclus, Jellicent, Eelektross, Druddigon, and Reshiram, and I don't particularly dislike any of the 'mons in Unova either.

Starters: Ooooooh. Hard one. It's a coin flip for me, between Johto and Unova. Possibly with a slight leaning to Johto for being the first starters I ever got to play.

Legendaries: Hmm...I'm going to go with Johto again here (love them all), with an honorable mention to Kalos for Zygarde, Yveltal, and Volcanion

Region: My favorite region goes to Sinnoh. I love the versatility of the region, with the volcanic Stark Mountain, Mt Coronet, Snowpoint City and the approaching routes, the fog surrounding Celestic, the forest, the flower fields, the lakes and the division and differences twixt West and East, it felt like the most diverse and complete region to me.

Protagonists: I'll give this one to Crystal/HGSS, which are probably the only games in which I liked them all.

Rival: HGSS. I was already fond of this particular rivalry from GSC, and the additional development in HGSS made me fall for the rivalry all over again.

Professor: Elm, from GSC/HGSS. I don't really have a reason, I just always liked him.

Gym Leaders: I really want to say Johto, but Whitney and Claire really bugged me. I think I'll go with classic Kanto. Especially Blaine.

Elite Four: Johto and Unova are pretty close. Each had one I didn't care for (Bruno/Caitlin) and I really liked the others.

Champion: BW. For some reason I really liked Alder.

Evil Team/s: Rocket, because their self-serving mission, as opposed to world-changing decisions complex, is so classic.

Plot: XY. The extremist nature of the plot and the repercussions of success (and even the repercussion of the failure, what with that giant crater) made it a very interesting storyline.

Music: I have to give this one to Unova, simply because I cannot get enough of Nimbasa City's music.

New/Improved Mechanic: The Physical/Special split of DP and the introduction of Hidden Abilities in BW are probably my favorites.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Pokémon: For me, it's a toss-up between R/B/Y and B/W, but that's probably only because they introduced more Pokemon than the other regions, and more Pokemon in the region naturally = more Pokemon I like.

Starters: D/P/PT. The only games where I don't dislike any of the starters, and all three of them are useful in-game.

Legendaries: This is a tough one. I love pretty much all of the Johto legendaries (and Lugia is obviously my favorite Pokemon lol), but I feel the Sinnoh legendaries had the most interesting lore surrounding them, although the only Sinnoh legendaries I really like are Giratina, Darkrai, and Cresselia.

Region: Johto. I know it's smaller and not the most versatile region, but I love the traditional Japanese feel. It serves as a nice contrast to the more urban and modern Kanto region.

Protagonists: Hilbert and Hilda from B/W. I like both of their designs and the fact that GF tried to create older protagonists.

Rival: Silver by far. He's just a character you love to hate because of how cruel and power-hungry he is, he has the most character development of all of the rivals (I always liked the nice little touch that he has a Golbat for the longest time because Golbat requires max happiness to evolve), and I enjoyed the backstory involving him and Giovanni.

Professor: Oak. The OG Professor.

Gym Leaders: Like with Pokemon, it's a toss-up between R/B/Y and B/W for me. I've always found the Kanto gym leaders to be the most memorable, but I liked how the gym leaders in B/W took an active role in the plot and had other jobs beyond just being gym leaders.

Elite Four: G/S/C/HG/SS. Only one I don't care for is Bruno, but the rest are all cool.

Champion: Cynthia easily. She's probably one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise. She's the only champion that's ever given me a hard time, great character design, great battle theme, and just a fascinating character overall with her interest in Pokemon mythology.

Evil Team/s: Plasma. Ghetsis is easily the best villain in the entire series, and you won't see many games involving the villains questioning the very premise of the series.

Plot: B/W by far. Had the darkest and most involving plot of the franchise. Also see above.

Music: I don't favor any one generation's music, I like pretty much all of the franchise's music equally.

New/Improved Mechanic: Mega Evolution. I admit I was a little iffy on the concept at first, and certainly GF picked some odd Pokemon to give Mega Evolutions to, but it's breathed new life into Pokemon that would otherwise have been useless. Physical/special split in D/P/Pt is a close second, though.

Happy 20th to Pokemon! :D

Pokémon: Gen 5. Tepig line, Patrat line, Drilbur line, Sewaddle line, Petilil line, Sandile line, Darumaka line, Tirtouga line, Zorua line, Joltik line and Druddigon
Starters: Gen 5 - Tepig, Gen 1 - Squirtle, Gen 3 - Treecko, Gen 4 - Chimchar.
Legendaries: Hmm, tough choice. Hoenn legenadaries, i suppose.
Region: Unova and Hoenn
Protagonists: Gen 5, Nate
Rival: Silver and Hugh
Professor: Juniper
Gym Leaders: Gen 1 - Misty, Gen 2 - Clair, Gen 3 - Norman, Gen 4 - Gardenia, Gen 5 - Skyla.
Elite Four: Hoenn
Champion: Cynthia
Evil Team/s: Team Galactic
Plot: Pokemon Black 2/White 2
Music: Gen 5
New/Improved Mechanic: Repel system from Pokemon Black/White

Orphalesion

Gotta say I'm really pleased to see the wide variety of answers.

Pokémon: Toss up between Gens 5 and 6. I like 6 overall better and my new all-time favourite Pokemon and type (Aromatisse and Fairy) hail from this gen. But 5 gave me many pokemon I wanted since R/B/Y: like Blitzle and has just so much variety!
Starters: I don't care too much about starters. gotta go with 6 and 5 again because I didn't dislike any of them.
Legendaries: Not much a fan of legendaries either but Xerneas and Yveltal are just beautiful; 6 again. Gen 1 is a runner up because it had so few ( a plus for me) and they kept out of the way.
Region: Kalos, Unova and Hoen
Protagonists: Kalos, I could make him look like he wasn't a complete tool (aka all the other protagonists) now if I could just completely remove the hat....
Rival: There hasn't really been a good rival since II imho, and II wasn't as good as Gary.
Professor: Birch, he's sorta hot! Sycamore and Rowan for similar reasons only less so.
Gym Leaders: uhhhh....never found the gym leaders that outstanding tbh....but I gotta say Unova dn Kalos, those people seemed to have more to their lives than just Pokemon battles. A leader who's also a fashion model? Cool! Though the idea with Norman being your father in Hoenn was awesome as well.
Elite Four: Hoenn! Especially Sydney and Phoebe.
Champion: I'm tempted to say Alder (Unova) but I dislike the "wanderin/secluded" champion concept so I'll say Diantha, because she has a life outside of pokemon battles and that's cool!
Evil Team/s: Team Rocket was the simplest and imho the best. Pokemon yakuza is a very simple, yet effective concept.
Plot: What plot? A pokemon game with a plot would be awesome!
Music: None of them is really outstanding imho...
New/Improved Mechanic: gens 2 and 6 for introducing the (much needed) Fairy, Dark and Steel types! Gen 6 for trainer customization, Gen 3 for diving (which needs to come back!)

Last edited:

CrookedGhost

Pokemon: Black/white had many of my favorites. Starters: X/Y starters have the best secondary types. Legendaries: Diamond/Pearl, Darkrai and Giratina are my favorites. Region: Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Can't beat getting to go to the oeiginal two regions. Protagonist: X/Y. The trainer customization feature needs to make a return! Rival: Fire Red/Leaf Green. I feel like Gary/Blue was the only true "rival." Professor: Black/White. We need more female professors like Juniper. Gym Leaders: Heart Gold/Soul Silver, mainly for Morty and Clair. Elite Four: Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby. I feel this e4 had great types and fighting megas in game is pretty cool. Champion: Diamond/Pearl. Cynthia was great! Evil Team: Fire Red/Leaf Green. I will always hols a special place in my heart for Team Rocket. Plot: X/Y. Saving the world from tyranical hipsters. Totally legit. Music: I honestly never listen to the music, it drives me nuts! New/Improved mechanic: X/Y hands down.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
What about spin-offs?

Favorite spin-off era- I loved Colosseum and XD, but my favorite spin-off game almost has to be Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs.

If we were to dedicate some answers to spin-off rather than main-series:
Starters: XD Eeveelutions
Legendaries: Deoxys in Guardian Signs.
Region: Oblivia
Protagonists: Wes and Rui
Bosses (instead of gym leaders): Miror B, Ein, and Snattle from Orre.
Evil Team: The Societea
Plot: Pokemon XD, but not by much
Music: Going with either Colosseum or original Pokemon Ranger.
Novel idea (instead of new/improved mechanic): Capturing own Pokemon to save them from corruption.

Pokémon: the original 151 without a shadow of a doubt, Bulbasaur being my favourite of the bunch.
Starters: I sense repetition. Again, I'd have to say the Gen I starters.
Legendaries: toss up between Gen III and Gen IV. Did wonders for the world-building of the Pokémon world.
Region: gosh...I'd have to say Sinnoh. For what it was at the time, it was pretty big, and had a colourful array of places to go.
Protagonists: Red or Gold. Can't beat the classics (though Brendan is great too)
Rival: Silver and Blue. Without a shadow of a doubt, we haven't had rivals that are as capable and frustrating as them.
Professor: Oak. Come on!
Gym Leaders: probably Gen V. We had a lot of interaction outside of the gym with the gym leaders (where did this go in VI?)
Elite Four: Hoenn. My first playthrough. I had to grind with my Sceptile here and at the Trick House to get to Lv93, teach it Dragon Claw and ace the league with one Pokémon.
Champion: no! That's too hard a question! Blue had a great mix; Lamce was near impossible to beat at the time of GS; Steven had answers for the typical rock/steel beaters; Cynthia let us return to being frustrated with dragons; Alder has the best quote of any any Champ. Tailed off with Diantha and Iris, personally.
Evil Team/s: Team Plasma everyday of the week. What a plot!
Plot: ...Gen V as a whole. Gen VI tried to continue this, but I don't think it had the gravitas to pull it off.
Music: Ruby and Sapphire. My first games, how could I not pick these?
New/Improved Mechanic: ...well, breeding and the day/night cycle was introduced in II, and Double Battles in III, all of which are really needed for competitive battling.

BonusDucks666

Pokémon: Gold and Silver
Starters:X and Y
Legendaries: Diamond and Pearl
Region:X and Y
Protagonists:Black and White
Rival:Red and Blue
Professor:X and Y
Gym Leaders:Black and White 2
Elite Four:X and Y (2 EZ)
Champion:Black and White
Evil Team/s:Ruby and Sapphire
Plot:X and Y
Music:X and Y
New/Improved Mechanic:OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire (soar and StreetPass for secret bases)

nocturnal_nocturne

Chaos Incarnate
Pokémon: Black and White. I adore ghost Pokemon and some great ghost types came out of Gen 5.

Starters: Black and White. I love Snivy, 'nuff said. Oshawott's evolutions are great and Tepig is also very cute.

Legendaries: Platinum. See profile picture.

Region: Sinnoh in Platinum. I'm Canadian, so snow-covered Sinnoh struck a chord with me.

Protagonists: X and Y because you could actually make the protagonist character not look stupid.

Rival: Red and Blue. Honestly, I think this was the only gen where we actually had a "rival", not a "friendly neighbour" or "mystery kid who simply hates you."

Professor: Ruby and Sapphire. Professor Birch reminds me of my thesis advisor at university.

Gym Leaders: Ruby and Sapphire, for no reason other than I liked 'em.

Elite Four: Gold and Silver, because they seemed like a quirky bunch.

Champion: A tossup between Ruby/Sapphire, and Diamond/Pearl. Steven and Cynthia were both great. Cynthia's team was fantastic, and Steven....well, I had a crush on Steven when I was like nine XD

Evil Team/s: Black and White/Black and White 2. It was interesting to see Team Plasma get taken down in the first game and watch them attempt to rebuild afterwards. I quite liked Ghetsis as a villain and N as the antihero.

Plot: X and Y, with Black/White as a close runner up. They only really started DOING things with the plot from Gen 5 onwards, and it got better by Gen 6.

Music: Ughhhh, this is hard. I have favourite pieces of music from every game. My top three are Shalour City from X/Y, Icirrus City from B/W, and Rival Battle from ORAS. Shoutout to the Team Galactic theme from Diamond/Pearl and the Vs Ghetsis drum-solo-thing from B/W.

New/Improved Mechanic: X and Y for Pokemon-Amie! I found it reminiscent of virtual pets, which were very popular when I was a child.

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Pokémon: Ruby and Sapphire, there are just a lot of memorable ones.

Starters: Black and White. Those are the games I started my first adventure on, so I'm attached to them.

Legendaries: Heartgold and Soulsilver. The Johto ones have great designs, and the fact that you can go to Kanto and catch those legends makes for a great game.

Region: Heartgold and Soulsilver. Johto has always been appealing to me.

Protagonists: Black and White. The character portraits before an important battle really show it.

Rival: Black 2 and White 2. Hugh has a very good reason to stand up to Team Plasma.

Professor: X and Y. With the newly discovered Mega Evolution, there is a lot to be learned in Kalos.

Gym Leaders: Heartgold and Soulsilver. The gyms were creative, and with 3D aspects it looks nice.

Elite Four: Black and White. With my Serperior in my first playthrough, it was very hard but it sticks in my mind.

Champion: Platinum. Cynthia's team didn't really focus on a type which only boosted her fame and she appears in Black and White as well as B2 and W2.

Evil Team: Black and White. Plasmaaaaa!

Plot: Black and White. The cutscenes are stunning and you are forced to think outside the box by using only gen 5 Pokémon until the postgame.

Music: It's very hard to decide, but since I got Black and White as my firsts the soundtrack is nostalgic. However the soundtrack of Heartgold and Soulsilver is close, as well as Ruby and Sapphire.

New/Improved Mechanic: Not exactly a mechanic, but the postgame of B2 and W2 is huge. There is so much to do, I don't know where to begin. As for a real mechanic, I'd say Trainer PR Videos.

After a year or two of missing out, have had changes in favorites. So now for me
have never played the original first 2 gens

Pokémon: probably FR/LG, BW/B2W2 and XY - as my most favorite Pokemon are from the 1st, 5th, and 6th gen
Starters: 6th gen's Fennekin! since early 2014 been loving foxes a lot so having a fire fox starer is all I now need
Legendaries: FR/LG's Mew, cutest cat legendary
Region: OR/AS - love soaring and awesome layout
Protagonists: BW
Rival: Definitely Hugh from B2W2
Professor: never paid too much attention to them, in OR/AS, prof was hilarious
Gym Leaders: XY, liked many of their designs, especially with Korrina
Elite Four: OR/AS
Champion: B2W2
Evil Team/s: OR/AS
Plot: B2W2
Music: I don't pay much attention to the music, I play my metal music from my laptop speakers
New/Improved Mechanic: XY and OR/AS - Soaring and Amie

Estellise

peachy
obligatory opinions

Pokémon: bw2, since gen5 had some of the best pokemon, and some old favorites in the mix.
Starters: rse/oras. i usually only like one or two starters per game, however i enjoy all three hoenn starts
Legendaries: dppt. best legendary designs and legendary themes.
Region: hoenn > unova > sinnoh > kalos > kanto > johto
Protagonists: oras and bw. (i adore redesigned may and brendan)
Rival: oras, yet again. i would say the originals, but i feel may/brendan and wally's personalities were more fleshed out and better written (particularly wally's) in the remake
Professor: bw and bw2 bc juniper
Gym Leaders: this one's really tough!! i really love a lot of gym leaders from each region! for character designs, i'd say xy; for personalities, i'd say oras.
Elite Four: oras
Champion: take a guess
Evil Team/s: rse/oras. archie and maxie are my bbys
Plot: bw/bw2
Music: um? either sinnoh or oras
New/Improved Mechanic: xy and oras for amie

guess what my favorite pkmn game is

TheEliteEmpoleon

About time I did this. Spoiler: It's mostly D/P/Pt

Pokémon: My favorite pokemon (singular) hails from Sinnoh, being my first and all, and the region has many other great pokemon, especially all of those who are evolutions of pokemon from earlier gen, but in general my favorite pokemon (plural) come from Kanto. Most of the teams I construct end up being mostly Gen I. A lot of my favorites are Kanto pokemon.

Starters: This one is tough, as there are very few starter pokemon that I actually dislike. However, the group that I like the best is Sinnoh's. It's the only group where one doesn't stick out to me as one that I don't like as much of the rest. In second place is Kanto.

Legendaries: Another hard choice; there are so many cool ones to choose from. In general though, Unova wins this one. Victini, Reshiram, Genesect, Cobalion, and Landorus are some of my favorite pokemon, and Unova's legendaries all have interesting backgrounds and stories. Sinnoh and Johto are tied for second. Sinnoh because the mythology that surrounds most of the legendaries is cool, and Johto because Haikou, my second favorite pokemon.

Region: This is hands-down Sinnoh. It was the first region that I explored, so I guess I kind of view it as my 'home' in the pokemon world. I like colder places, and I think Sinnoh is known to be the coldest region. It's also home to some of my favorite cities, from Sunyshore to Jubilife to Snowpoint.

Protagonists: Going with Unova on this one.

Rival: You just can't beat Gary, or Blue I guess. Silver comes in second. I guess I like my rivals a bit more rival-like than they've been in the past few games. Barry's a good one too.

Professor: I like all of the professors, but I think that Sycamore is the most interesting. I feel like if I were in the pokemon world, I'd be most drawn to his work and research, because mega-evolution is pretty cool. Rowan is in second.

Gym Leaders: Sinnoh. I think it has the most defined gym leaders, in the sense that I felt like they were more than just there to be beaten. Overall they were the leaders that were more than leaders the most. Kalos' were cool too.

Elite Four: While I do like Sinnoh's, they are second to Unova's E4. In my opinion, they're the most fun E4 to fight, though maybe that's just because of what's going on in the story when you fight them.

Champion: The past three champions have been really great characters, and pretty strong trainers. Alder is my favorite, with Cynthia and Diantha pretty much tied. Yes, I know about Iris. I'd rather not talk about her though.

Evil Team/s: Team Galactic is my favorite. Best characters, best motives and plan, and it was my first one.

Plot: While Team Galactic gave Sinnoh a fairly good storyline, I do like Unova's, specifically B/W's plot more.

Music: There is a lot of good music spread throughout the series, but I'm going with Sinnoh, simply for the nostalgia factor.

New/Improved Mechanic: I think the physical/special split was a pretty fundamental change that needed to happen, so Sinnoh. New types are cool too, so Johto and Kalos are in second.