• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Games Have Your Favourite...

natie

Mr. F
Pokémon: Gen V. Being forced to use only Unova Pokémon probably gave me some kind of Stockholm syndrome, but it has by far the highest amount of Pokémon I like.
Starters: Gen V, I don't care for Tepig or Oshawott but Smugleaf is superb.
Legendaries: A toss between I, IV and VI. I really like Mew, Manaphy, Hoopa and Zygarde.
Region: Unova. Any other answer is just wrong.
Protagonists: Dunno.
Rival: Dunno.
Professor: Dunno.
Gym Leaders: Dunno.
Elite Four: Gen V, didn't expect the types at all, and they were ridiculously tough compared to the gym leaders before.
Champion: Gen III because Steven and Wallace are tough as **** (well, they were when I was young, anyway).
Evil Team/s: Gen V.
Plot: Gen V.
Music: Gen V.
New/Improved Mechanic: Gen V's rustling grass was pretty cool. The idea behind the underground of Gen IV was also cool.

AK Adam

What to put here...
Pokémon: Gen IV. I love the design of the legendaries, barring Giratina. Dialga and Darkrai have really good designs in my opinion. I also love the designs of Pokemon like Lucario, Bronzong, Garchomp and Luxray. What I relly liked about this gen's pokemon is how many evos they added to classics. Roserade, Gliscor, Weavile, Togekiss and Electivire are just a few of the pokemon that got a much needed update that brought them back into competitive battling.

Starters: Gen III or IV. this is a tough one. I think I'll have to go with Gen III because I really liked Swampert's line, and Blaziken and Sceptile were okay too. I really liked Infernape and Empoleon, but I really didn't like Torterra too much.

Legendaries: This is a tough call, I like II, III, and IV. Gen III had the best designs between the 3, I suppose. Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are all masterfully done, Jirachi is one of my favorite fairies (not the type). The trio isn't the best, but it at least has more variety than Gen IV's pixies. I actually kind of like the Reggies. Latias also has one of my favorite designs. Its a cute, but sleek and deadly dragon. How can't I like Gen III's legendaries.

Region: Unova (but only in the sequels). They added more locations in the sequel and gave it more room that it very much needed. I loved the locations such as Dragon Spiral tower and the ancient ruins, but the parts I liked most of the sequel were the Battle zone where you could battle past champions, my very own shopping mall, and Black City/White forest. The designs of the latter two were so opposite but very cool in their own unique ways.

Protagonists: BW. I like how the protagonists are older and don't wear anything too silly.
Rival: Does N count? He has the best story, best characterization, is simultaneously a friend and a villain, he beats the elite four, and he captured Zekrom (in my game). If N doesn't count, I'd pick silver. he also has a story and I felt like he was fairly threatening as a rival.

Professor: Gen I. Can't beat good 'ol Oak.
Gym Leaders: Gen III. Flannery and Roxanne have my favorite designs, the Twins have a very unique battle (in Emerald, at least) and Juan/ Wallace are still neat water gym leaders.

Elite Four: Gen V. I felt like these E4 rooms were the best designed, I lked the introduction of being able to choose the order, and I really liked the ideas behind Shauntal and Caitlyn. Shauntal has a neat design and Caitlyn used to be the lady at the battle mansion in Platinum.

Champion: Gen IV. Cynthia was useful throughout the game, she had a good team and she acted like a champion. I feel like Diantha and Alder made for poor champions. I really like Iris and Steven, but their mono typing holds them back, sort of like Lance and Wallace.

Evil Team/s: Gen V, original team Plasma. They had a worthy ideal, they beat the champion, and I liked their leader.

Plot: Gen V. Did the other games have a plot?

Music: Gen V's dynamic battle music is one of my favorite mechanics removed from later games. I loved the last pokemon gym theme and I thought that the music was pretty decent as well. Plus I really love Twist mountain and the bike theme.

New/Improved Mechanic: Gen I. I liked Pikachu following me around in yellow. They redid this in HGSS, which made me happy, but yellow was the first to do it. If you want a mechanic that actually did something, I liked pokemon Amie's pokemon interaction, especially during battles.It felt neat to have my pokemon look at me before the champion, dodge ice beams and then I could pet them as a reward for KOs

Pokémon: Gen II. I liked the general direction of designs in this generation. I also thought it had a good length as well as ratio between completely new pokémon and additions to old lines.

Starters: Gen IV. On average gen IV is my favorite and I like all the final starters of that gen a lot. The middle stages are quite odd, but that's nothing new. Cyndaquil is my favorite individual starter though.

Legendaries: Gen III. I love all the legendaries except the Latis(which are alright, don't get me wrong). Deoxys and Regice are among my favorites. I have never had a problem with too few legendaries, but gen III managed to make a decent amount without it being too much in my opinion. Gen II comes in second.

Region: Gen IV. Sinnoh is absolutely amazing, especially in Platinum. The cold feel of the region gave it character and I enjoyed Mt. Coronet dividing the region in half and having to go through it several times. Not to mention that the actual layouts of the dungeons were great. Johto with its tradition-rich towns is not far behind.

Protagonists: Gen I. Or FRLG to be exact. I think a lot of the protagonists either end up looking too boring or ridiculous, but FRLG's are the ones I have liked the most. Platinum's protagonists would probably have won if Dawn had put on some pantyhose or anything against the cold. I always play as the boy for the record. Gen VI would also have won if I counted in customization, but I don't think that is fair.

Rival: Gen I. Blue is easily my favorite rival and the one I wanted to beat the most. I love how he is actually the final battle in the game as well. Although I'm happy they didn't pull the same "surprise" in later generations. As for friendlier rivals I think Barry did a great job.

Professor: Gen I. Oak is the inventor of the pokédex after all. Not to mention that he seems to be the most respected professor in Johto too, on Elm's expense. Sycamore isn't too far behind.

Gym Leaders: Gen IV. This is a really hard one, but on average I think gen IV wins out. Judging by design, personality/role and teams(Platinum).

Elite Four: Gen II. I liked Karen and Will as new characters and it was cool to see Bruno rank up as well as Koga going from GL to E4, their teams are decent enough for the point in the game you fight them at. However judging simply by teams the winner would be Platinum by far, unfortunately all of them were very boring characters except Flint.

Champion: Gen I. Another hard one, but I have to give it to Blue. I liked how you watched him grow with you and your rivalry. Most of the other champions seem to give the player way too much praise and attention for no particular reason, or barely appear at all. Despite that Steven is my second favorite.

Evil Team/s: Gen I. This one is also very hard. Team Rocket wins for being a more down to Earth organization with no grand plot, and the grunts actually looking acceptable. However Giovanni himself is a bit boring and I much prefer leaders like Cyrus and Lysandre.

Plot: Gen IV. Creating a new universe is a bit too grand for my taste. But this is the generation that I think has the best balance between freedom to explore and actual storytelling.

Music: Gen IV. Especially having music depend on day/night.

New/Improved Mechanic: Gen IV. This is the generation in which I felt the battle system finally became decent.

Last edited:
Pokémon: Generation 5. Unova has the largest selection of Pokemon I absolutely love, like Haxorus, Sawsbuck, Krookodile (and its entire line), Sigilyph, and Pokemon like them. As a matter of fact, I only really dislike Garbodor. The rest I like or love.

Starters: Gen 3. Each one stands out in my opinion, and I love using all three of them. That's how solid they are in my opinion.

Legendaries: I'd say either 4 or 5. Though I do admit that I don't like Gen 5's roaming trio, the rest are all Pokemon I love (with Cobalion being one of my favourite legendaries). Gen 4 has Heatran, Giratina, Cressilia, the events... I just really love them.

Region: Sinnoh without a doubt. I love mountainous places, and Mt Coronet makes me feel right at home. Plus the cities are some of my favourites (with Canalave actually being my favourite in any Pokemon game simply because it feels like home to me. Plus the music there at night is great).

Protagonists: Black/White have my favourite designs, with ORAS' and FRLG's coming pretty close to that.

Rival: I would actually say Gen 2's, Silver. I know I hate him, but I have to admit, he's amazingly well developed. N would come close for the same reason, but eh. Nostalgia wins this time.

Professor: I can't say I really like any of the professors that much... but I'll say Sycamore due to his pretty cool theme, or Juniper for having my favourite design.

Gym Leaders: Gen 5's. As a matter of fact, all of them stand out so much to me, so I'll have to go for them. Even if some of them aren't the hardest (Burgh, Marlon, Skyla...)

Elite Four: Gen 5. Fun to play through, had pretty decent variety, had great music... pretty much everything I love about the generation as a whole.

Champion: R/S Steven. I have not-so-fond memories of fighting this guy and failing every time. Made actually defeating him really satisfying to me. Besides, I like him as a whole- his team, his character, his interest in rocks...

Evil Team/s: B/W Plasma. Though I feel that they were majorly downgraded in the sequels, Team Plasma was actually the only team that I really felt. I actually found myself questioning what I was doing at points. Though ORAS Magma/Aqua comes pretty close for legitimately making me feel afraid when the leader was first introduced. I no longer felt like they were the rather comedic teams I knew from RSE; the one I couldn't take seriously. I felt that they were a legitimate threat now.

Plot: Because of Team Plasma, B/W's.

Music: It's a tie between the entirety of Gen 5 and ORAS'. I don't really know why I like Gen 5's- maybe it just had character to me? As for ORAS', I just felt like any new tracks perfectly fit the mood, and that old ones were remastered beautifully (except, of course, the Dive theme...)

New/Improved Mechanic: Gen 4 purely because of the physical/special split.

As you can probably tell, I like Gen 5 a lot.

phanpycross

God-king
Pokemon: Gen II, the designs in gen 1 looked a lot like "animals, changed by science", and gen 2 followed up that with far more natural designs, which I preferred.

Starters: Gen 3 most likely, aside from whatever Combusken is supposed to be, I like all of them a lot.

Legendaries: Gen 2, just solid, not too many to where they felt forced (Phione), but not too few either (gen 1 only had the mews and the birds, and I only really love Articuno and Mew).

Region: Tough one, Johto had the best lore, Sinnoh (in platinum at least) was the most Diverse), but Unova had the best blend IMO.

Protagonists: Gen 3 was the coolest back when I thought it was a white-haired Ash, but when I found out it was a hat, it just became kinda.... Terrible tbh. Gen 5 because I dont like the gen 4/6 hats, and because Red is too basic for my taste. Hilda a qt too.

Rival:
Silver was the best serious rival, but Bianca and Cieren combined beat him.

Professor: Oak, I dont think we would have gotten our starters from the diffrent professors if he wasnt so iconic.

Gym Leaders: Gen 5, I like the idea of them having jobs, and appearing more outside of gyms, and damn if the finale of them showing up against TP wasnt sick as hell.

Elite Four: Im not the biggest fans of any, but gen 1/2 were prolly the best, Lorelei was le MILF, Bruno was badass, Agatha and Oak might be the most interesting idea introduced about the original games. No need to explain why Lance is a cool mofo.

Champion: Alder and Cynthia tie, Alder has my favorite collection, but Cynthia just kinda blew my mind with her diversity.

Evil team:Plasma had the better plot, Rocket have icon status.

Plot: BW felt incredibly refined, almost cinematic at points.

Music: Gen 5, mainly because of the insane gym specific themes.

New/Improved Mechanic: Gen 2/4, the P/S split was incredible, but Im just a sucker for Steel/Dark.

Sprites: Am I the only one who missed the artstyle used in the gen 2 sprites, and found them superior to all sprites up until gen 5?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Pokemon - Gen 3,4 and 6
Starters - Gen 3 and 6
Legendary - Gen 3 and 4
Region - Hoenn>Kalos=Sinnoh>Johto>Unova>Kanto
Protagonist - Gen 6 and 2
Rival - Gen 2 (Silver) by far the best
Professor - Gen 6 (Sycamore)
Gym Leader - 3 and 5
Elite 4 - Gen 6 (the design and types are the most unique for me)
Evil team - Gen 3 and 4
Plot - Gen 5 (one of the few things I really enjoyed)
Music - Gen 6 and 2
Sprites - gen 4 and 2
New/Improved mechanics - Gen 6

Pikabri234

I have to say pokemon rs sound track was the best. Its
really my fav game ever, im glad they made remakes on 3DS.
BW games...i didn't rly like them
I absolutley love the original pokemon red&blue games, really nogostilic (forgive me for my spelling)
I also really like the DP games! (fav season btw) The character designs were rly good.
I haven't actually played X or Y yet, but im planning to get one of the games.
Thats all from me.

Pokémon: The Sinnoh designs. This may be based on nostalgia, but I thought the Gen IV designs were awesome for some Pokemon, cute for some others. Sure, there were designs that weren't too good like Bibarel (Bidoof was fine), but there are always hiccups in each generation of Pokemon.
Starters: Once again, the Sinnoh starters, especially the Chimchar line. Though I also enjoy the Hoenn starters.
Legendaries: Giratina was awesome, most notably in its Origin Forme. And Rayquaza made for an awesome competitive Pokemon with its Mega Evolution.
Region: As you may guess, I have a soft spot for Sinnoh. It was the region I began my first Pokemon journey.
Protagonists: OR/AS female player character looked pretty cool, and in regard of male player characters, I have to pick the one from HG/SS.
Rival: Definitely the rival character from both G/S/C and HG/SS.
Professor: Tough. I never thought about it. It's a tie between Professor Rowan and Professor Juniper.
Gym Leaders: Clair has my vote. If you're speaking in general, I would say the Kalos gym leaders were pretty creative.
Elite Four: Once again, never thought about it.
Champion: A tie between Cynthia and Red, due to how much of a challenge they both posed to me. Lance, N, Alder, Diantha, and Steven were pieces of cake compared to the aforementioned.
Evil Team/s: Plasma was very well thought out, in my opinion.
Plot: I loved the Platinum plot. Delta Episode in OR/AS also deserves a mention here.
Music: OR/AS had some really fantastic music.
New/Improved Mechanic: I enjoyed the Mega Evolutions. They threw something new in the mix of battling.

EnnuiOnMe

Pokémon: Gen III was when I believe the designs all got really interesting, helped by the extremely bright colors of the GBA. Spinda's my absolute favorite, but, really, it's the only gen with a totally great lineup...
Starters: ...Except, unfortunately, for having the worst starters of any Pokemon game. Gen I is the one with the really well-designed starters, and it's not just nostalgia that keeps them alive in everyone's memories. Squirtle, Blastoise, Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard are some of my favorite Pokemon designs, and, while the Bulbasaur line kind of bores me, it's certainly distinct in my mind.
Legendaries: Gen II has some of the most intriguing choices. Lugia and Entei in particular stand out in my mind, but I also have a soft spot for the other legendary dogs.
Region: Gen VI gave us Kalos, an aesthetically fascinating world of beauty and European flavor. From a game and narrative design standpoint, the centrality of Lumiose City is one of the biggest strokes of genius Game Freak have ever had, even if I'm not a fan of the camera shift in the city itself.
Protagonists: Gen III's player characters both have this fascinating look about them in the way they're dressed that just screams high fantasy to me. I don't know what it is, but there's just an extreme look of adventure that hasn't ever been matched.
Rival: To be frank, none of the rivals stand out too much in my mind, as they all serve the same basic concept-- be a friendly rival for the protagonist who shares their love of Pokemon to an equal degree. That is, except one-- Gary Oak, the single most awesomely hateable character in the franchise. He got my blood boiling as a kid, and, for that, he's my favorite.
Professor: Maybe it's his ubiquity that makes him so important, but Prof. Oak is the one who I think of first. He introduced the world to the world of Pokemon, standing in front of the player with an amiable grin and an infinite realm of possibilities.
Gym Leaders: Another win for Gen I, this might again be because of the influence they've had on my and the world's perception of Pokemon, and maybe just because of Brock and Misty's roles in the anime, but I can't help but feel a deeper connection to these mighty beasts than any of the other generations' gym leaders.
Elite Four: Gen VI made the Elite 4 seem more like a religious experience than a tough fight with the gorgeous settings they fought in. Maybe that says more about Kalos than the Elite 4, but I can't really separate them.
Champion: Gen IV, definitely. Maybe it's because it was the first one I actually beat, but I can't help but feel excited by Cynthia's alluring character design and difficult battle.
Evil Team/s: Gen III by a landslade (or a waterfall...). Aqua and Magma totally changed my perception of the world as a kid by being some of the first villains I remember ever having complex ideologies.
Plot: And where Gen III established this, Gen V brought it to the foreground. Though it's the gen I played the least due to when it came out in my life, and, as a result, is totally absent from the rest of these categories, I can't help but admire the way it took Pokemon and somehow successfully made it a character driven story with actual thematic depth.
Music: I honestly can't say, as I tend to play with the sound off.
New/Improved Mechanic: Gen III's introduction to double battles was one of the coolest concepts Pokemon has ever had. Though the series has never done enough with it in my mind, there is a lot of fun to be had there.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Pokémon: In terms of #1 favourite Pokémon, Gen III introduced Surskit, so that. In terms of overall Gen, Gen IV introduced the overall most Pokémon I like, so
Starters: In terms of #1 favourite, Gen IV because Piplup. In terms of overall, Gen III has the least offensive trio of Starters (also I hate Chimchar).
Legendaries: Gen IV. Mainly because of the Lore surrounding them, but still. Also, Phione.
Region: Gen IV :U Sinnoh to me is a really interesting Region, and its mountainous description worked itself really well into gameplay.
Protagonists: Emerald May/Brendan are definitely the best looking.
Rival: Gen IV ;p Barry was a really interesting Rival, and it was great to see him develop as the game progressed.
Professor: Rowan is best, so Gen IV
Gym Leaders: Either Gen III or IV, again, though mainly because of design. Emerald and Gen IV because of difficulty, though.
Elite Four: Gen IV by a mile. Honestly, with the exception of, again, Gen III, the other E4 members just weren't memorable, and Gen IV's E4 was by far the most challenging.
Champion: Ooh boy, Cynthia takes the cake with cherry and all. Gen IV again takes it, because Cynthia is just incredibly challenging, and really fun to battle. Her plot involvement was pretty great, and her music among the best in the franchise.
Evil Team/s: Team Galactic, because of their plot importance and how heavy they were in the storyline.
Plot: Gen IV, because of Team Galactic, again.
Music: Gen IV. Nothing else even comes close. DPPt had the best music in the franchise, by far.
New/Improved Mechanic: A tie between Gen III and Double Battles and Gen IV and the Phys/Spec Split and WiFi.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Pokémon: Gold, Silver & Crystal have most of my favorite Pokémon introduced in them and their Gen 4 remakes also add in a few of my 3/4 faves to the mix (Mawile, Lopunny). Shout out to BW for Zoroark and Zekrom though.
Starters: Definitely GSC/HGSS. Cyndaquil is probably my all time favorite starter/evolutionary line (above Charmander, Tepig, Mudkip, Torturra and Chespin) but I also have love for Totodile and Chikorita (Squirtle is overrated IMO so I really only love two out of the three RB starters).
Legendaries: This is tough for me. I would say GSC again because I think the Legendary Beasts and the Tower Duo are THE quintessential Legendaries (what's a Celebi? Lol) but then you have RSE with the awesome Weather Trio (I don't like the Regis) and Jirachi, DPPt with the Creation quad (I count Arceus with them) and Darkrai (no love for the lake things though) and BW for the Tao Trio. Actually, it's not hard... Clearly GSC is the winner for me. (Gen 1 and 6 legendaries are great too. Mew is OG and then there's Xerneas from XY).
Region: Unova. I'm a New Yorker so it was an honor for my beautiful home city to be inspiration for a region in a series I love.
Protagonists: N. Sure he's technically a rival but he actually went through a growth as the story progressed. Besides, we are the protagonist throughout each game anyways.
Rival: Blue. Every other rival has been cake but interacting with that jerk will always feel like a true rivalry.
Professor: Juniper! So great to finally see a female professor!
Gym Leaders: The only ones with personalities were in Johto. Unova's circa BW are a close second.
Elite Four: The original Elite Four of the Indigo Plateau. Beating them felt like a proper accomplishment back in RBY days that I don't feel with the others.
Champion: Steven. Something about him as Champion after all that in RSE just seemed so fitting.
Evil Team/s: Rocket. They weren't that stupid and delusional like the following teams, they were simply a legit organized crime syndicate.
Plot: I'm torn between RBY and BW. Both felt like a major experience when I first played them but only one truly developed characters and touched me as a young adult so my vote goes to BW.
Music: RBY. Hands down best music. Not even the remakes must comes close. Give me the 8-bit sounds.
New/Improved Mechanic: Trainer Customization in Gen 6 was something I never knew I wanted so bad. To be able to play a character closer to my skin tone actually representing ME in a series I love was just wonderful.

A myriad of answers before me. Let me add to the mix.

Pokémon: RBGY, without a doubt. I'm not a Genwunner, but I grew up with these Pokémon from a very young age, and they've had a profound effect on me and the way I deal with the franchise as a whole these days.
Starters: Again, probably RBGY. Bulbasaur was my first ever starter Pokémon, and just seeing it's art brings back fond memories, and all three have great, simple designs that will always be loved by the fans, both new and old. Coming in at a close second would have to be the RSE starters, Treecko, Mudkip and Torchic. I originally started Ruby with a Mudkip, but having become frustrated by not being able to get past a certain point in the game and thinking that Pokérus was a bad thing, as well as thinking I could try a new save file and not save over my current one (which worked, but I saved over it myself anyhow), resulted in me playing through with a Treecko. I got to the E4, and with Treecko now a Sceptile at around Lv80, I had to grind both there and at the Trick House. Upon reaching Lv93 and learning the TM Dragon Claw, we demolished the League, just me and my Sceptile.
Legendaries: This one's very close, but I'd have to give DPPt the slight edge over BWBW2 here. The most legendary Pokémon ever introduced in a region, and whilst some were kind of strange, I loved the focus on Dragon types, and was proud to have stumbled upon Turnback Cave by myself, getting through and getting a Giratina as the first between me and all of my friends. Arceus and Darkrai have great designs too.
Region: Kalos. Say what you like about the story and the characters, but this was very easily the most beautiful region we've visited in the series thus far.
Protagonists: I'm going to go with GSC, Gold and Kris, specifically Gold. I watched the Pokémon Chronicles special "The Legend of Thunder" and loved the design of both Jimmy and Typhlosion, to the point I went and named my character in Soul Silver after him and started with a Cyndaquil. You rock, you rule!
Rival: GSC, Silver. Not that there's much to argue about this - only Silver and Blue were the rivals we actually hated, and Barry the only one I enjoyed battling other than these two. A dark, mysterious past and constantly brooding, it was great to see this character quite literally evolve through the game's course.
Professor: Oak. Gave me my first Pokémon, and well...Oak.
Gym Leaders: DP. Great variety, I can't remember seeing any of these as a walkover.
Elite Four: Probably RSE, simply for the memory of grinding with my Sceptile. Drake was no slouch, either.
Champion: DP, Cynthia. Easily the most difficult Champion battle, and it felt like we were truly facing a friend/mentor figure.
Evil Team/s: BW/BW2, Team Plasma. The greatest evil team in the Pokémon franchise, these guys never slacked and actually accomplished their goals. You know, before Ghetsis revealed to N that he was just being used and we showed up. N and Ghetsis are easily the most memorable evil team members, and it was so refreshing to have an evil team who's goals were in kind of a grey area.
Plot: BW/BW2. Gen V mastered their characters, the plot and the evil team.
Music: Either RBGY or RSE. I don't think those require explanation.
New/Improved Mechanic: Now this is a question I've had to think really hard about. Hmm...probably the introduction of breeding in GSC. We seem to quickly forget that this has a massive effect on the games in a variety of ways.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
* Pokemon: Black and White 2. In my eyes Generation 5 introduced the highest overall-quality new Pokemon. Black and White 2 also had almost 150 other Pokemon as part of the New Unova Dex. You had an amazing choice
* Starters: I believe the Hoenn games had the best starters overall, though Kanto is an extremely close second
* Legendaries: Once again, Hoenn. There wasn't that much of an over-saturation of legendaries. They had fascinating law, epic designs and abilities...the only legendary from there I thought was mediocore at worst was Regirock
* Regions: Honestly, I'm not sure
* Protagonists: Irrelevant. The protagonists have always been ciphers for the audience. But with we include spin-off games, I'd say the protagonist of Mystery Dungeon 2
* Rival: Does N count? I think he does. If he does, he counts. If not, I'd say let's go back to the classics with Blue. Such a jerk, and as such there's such a motivation to make him eat humble pie
* Professor: I'm partial for Kalos' Sycamore, since he's playing a more active plot role. And the implications he wants your mom just make my immature side laugh
* Gym Leader/Elite 4: Dunno
* Champion: Cynthia is mai waifu
* Evil team: Team Plasma as a whole, Team Galactic/Flare for its leader
* Music: Each generation improves on previous music, but I believe Gen III made the big leap of quality
* New/improved mechanic: I LOVE Pokemon Amie

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Huh.

Pokémon:I dunno, there's stuff I like in every generation. I wasn't a big fan of the 5th generation at large, but then again there were a few gems like Ferrothorn and Chandelure in there.
Starters:G/S/C definitely, with R/S/E coming in a close second.
Legendaries:D/P/Pt.
Region:Hoenn I guess. I know a lot of people aren't a big fan of the huge water areas but I kind of liked them, plus the later routes really felt like you were actually traveling a good distance, not that you were walking ten steps to the next town.
Protagonists: No real prefence. I like the design of the R/S/E characters the most but I really don't overly care for any of them.
Rival: X/Y. Oh that's right, you didn't have a rival in X/Y.
Professor:Oak probably, he's the only one with any real personality.
Gym Leaders:No real preference here. Each region has some cool gym leaders and some... Well, Faulkner. Yeah.
Elite Four:Hmm, Hoenn probably.
Champion: Probably either Cynthia or Gary, simply because they had the closest things to balanced teams. In fact, now that I think about it, definitely Cynthia.
Evil Team/s: I really am not a big fan of any of them. They're all cults and/or gangs, really.
Plot: Uh, I'd have to go with ORAS because it's the least nauseating. X/Y had a tolerable story as well.
Music: PMD2. As far as the main series goes, ORAS simply because of Wally's theme.
New/Improved Mechanic: Tough choice. Probably the physical/special split in D/P/Pt, but there's tons of other contenders as well.

PokeTitan

Pokémon: Gen 1 I would say. But I love the continuations of some evolutions in Gen 4 (Rhyperior and Electivire for example)

Starters: Gen 1 easily. I started playing Pokemon in Gen 2 but the starters in Gen 1 are just so... good, nostalgic, great designs, and well balanced. A fire dragon, a turtle with a huge cannon on his back, and a big plant monster with a plant on his back lol.

Legendaries: Tough... Gen 3 legendaries are so well designed but at the same time, the legendary dogs in Gen 2 stand out to me. Especially Entei because Movie 3 was the first Pokemon movie I ever owned.

Region: Gen 3 hand down. Gotta love Hoenn

Protagonists: Gen 3 protagonist looked pretty cool. Looks more unique than the others

Rival: Blue/Green from Gen 1. The only rival that gave a me a challenge every time I fought him. But I loved the personality of Silver from Gen 2.

Professor: Good question. I would say Professor Oak probably. He's the first person I think of when I think of a Pokemon Professor

Gym Leaders: It's a cross between Gen 1 and Gen 2... Can I like both? Gen 1 for giving me a challenge and Gen 2 because they were the first gym leaders I ever fought (to this day I still get nightmares of Milktank...)

Elite Four: Gen 3 Elite Four. I beat them so many times they gave up as soon as they saw me walk into the room.

Champion: Cynthia. Beautiful, graceful, kind, and strong. The perfect combination. Plus her Garchomp can be challenging sometimes.

Evil Team/s: Team Plasma of Gen 5 definitely. Their goals was so unique.

Plot: Gen 5 no contest. The whole storyline was a great ride. And not being able to fight Alder at the end, instead you had to fight Team Plasma, and all the Gym leaders fighting together, awesome!

Music: Gen 2. I still replay some of the music in my head to this day.

New/Improved Mechanic: Another tough question. I love to breed Pokemon and give them unique movies you can't learn normally.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Hmm..

Pokémon: Meganium - my first pokemon
Starters: Chikorita
Legendaries: Suicune - My first legendary, and great stall in uu
Region: Johto - My first region
Protagonists: Red - Cause i can battle him
Rival: Silver/Wally - Great character development
Professor: Elm - Looks very clumsy, like me
Gym Leaders: Falkner - I hate him, and like him. Chikorita ALMOST won the first time
Elite Four: Karen - Obvio
Champion: Cynthia - Very involved in the story and strong
Evil Team/s: Team Rocket - Maked most sense without crazy sci-fi themes. Classic and great story
Plot: Team Aqua and team Magma drowning/vapourising the world
Music: X/Y Snowbelle City
New/Improved Mechanic:

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Pokémon: Zangoose (Gen 3)
Starters: Snivy (Gen 5)
Legendaries: Kyogre! (Gen 3)
Region: Hoenn (Gen 3)
Protagonists: Brandon (Gen 3)
Rival: Hugh (Gen 5)
Professor: Elm (Gen 2)
Gym Leaders: Wallace (Gen 3)
Elite Four: Koga (Gen 2)
Champion: Steven (Gen 3)
Evil Team/s:[/B ]Aqua/Magma (Gen 3)
Plot: Gen 5
Music: None really
New/Improved Mechanic: Physical/Special split (Gen 4)

Pokémon: X/Y, with Spritzee and Aromatisse.
Starters: D/P/Pt, they all have great designs throughout their lines, and also are all dual-type.
Legendaries: Probably D/P/Pt, because the creation trio and Arceus actually look like legends, and so much thought has been placed into them. Especially the whole states of matter thing.
Region: Probably D/P/Pt, again, because Sinnoh has openly snowy areas, and I love its variety of biomes exceot the caves screw the caves.
Protagonists: Black/White, Hilda and Hilbert both have appealing designs and being older than past protagonists was a cool change.
Rival: Probably Silver, you actually want to bear him, but he isn't just a reasonless jerk like Blue and actually develops as a character, at least in HGSS.
Professor: XY-Sycamore, the true husbando. Plus, his theme is awesome and I loved the fact he actually battles you, twice.
Gym Leaders: Probably D/P/Pt again. Especially Platinum, where there's actual difficulty to the Gyms. HGSS comes in close second in difficulty, but it comes first in Gym Design and Rematches. Blackthorn Gym is amazing.
Elite Four: Probably Red/Blue, they gave me a good challenge and even if their types aren't well presented by their team, they still make do with what they were given.
Champion: D/P/Pt, for the last time. Cynthia is challenging, but not so challenging it's a chore. Also, that theme? Yes. Just, yes.
Evil Team/s: Probably BW2 Plasma, they mixed up their Pokemon to a degree where it seemed uniform, but not repetitive. Plus, with the frigate, they felt like a threat.
Plot: BW, purely because it was a strong narrative and you can sympathise with most of the characters and the way that they develop is really good.
Music: XY/ORAS are tied, just because they both have much improved sound quality, as well as overall quality. For me, XY had a larger quantity of anazing music, but ORAS had higher quality amazing music.
New/Improved Mechanic: R/S, for improving the foundations of the game, and even laying the base foundation for the whole modern franchise.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Pokémon: Dusclops - my ghost waifu
Starters: Mudkip
Legendaries: Registeel
Region: Johto - it's the region I started in, so I feel very sentimental about it
Protagonists: The original Ethan design
Rival: Silver - he's probably one of the most interesting rivals to me
Professor: Birch
Gym Leaders: Wattson - I'm a sucker for hella rad old people
Elite Four: Bertha - See above
Champion: Alder - it felt more like you were having a friendly match than your final battle
Evil Team/s: Team Aqua - "See this fish? I'm gonna WRESTLE with it!"
Plot: Team Aqua and team Magma drowning/vapourising the world
Music: Lavender Town/Distortion World
New/Improved Mechanic: Gen 4 - for giving us an easier sequence of buttons to press when we're SRing for shiny Pokemon

PinkPotatoEgg

Not-a-weeaboo-
Pokémon:Diamond/Pearl; I really like the designs and style of the Pokemon in this game.
Starters: Gold/Silver; I only really love Chikorita, but my love for Chikorita overcomes all other starters.
Legendaries:Red/Blue; I love pink and purple, Mew and Mewtwo perfectly match that.
Region: X/Y; The 3D graphics are awesome.
Protagonists:Diamond/Pearl; Dawn wears pink; anything more to say?
Rival:X/Y; Sjauna and Serena are STILL a better love story than Twilight!
Professor:Diamond/Pearl; Rowan seems nice.
Gym Leaders:Diamond/Pearl Fantina is gracefully beautiful; and she speaks French!
Elite Four:Diamond/Pearl; I like the Elite Four choice of types.
Champion:X/Y; Again, Diantha is gracefully beautiful; and she lives in France! (I see a conspiracy with Fantina and Diantha here...)
Evil Team/s:Red/Blue/Gold/Silver; I like Team Rocket; very simple.
Plot:Red/Blue; I have NO IDEA why I like the near- non-existent plot of this game.
Music:Gold/Silver; Very, very detailed chip-tune.
New/Improved Mechanic:Red/Blue;I like the Special stat better than Sp.Def/Sp.Atk...

Last edited: