• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Games Have Your Favourite...

Nygma

Pokémon: Gen 1. I just love everything about the original Pokemon, every generation since has been mildly less exciting until the last couple which have felt just awful...
Starters: Gen 3. I love Blaziken!
Legendaries: Gen 1. I just love the idea of the legendary birds, I've always felt like birds get a pretty poor show in general.
Region: Gen 2. Tin/bell Tower, I don't know why but I just love that bit...
Protagonists: Red.
Rival: Gen 1. Gary, Gary, Gary!
Professor: Oak!
Gym Leaders: Gen 2, the best of the two best :D
Elite Four: Gen 1. Love the originals!
Champion: Lance
Evil Team/s: Team Aqua!
Plot: Gen 3 :D
Music: Gen 1!
New/Improved Mechanic: Gen 2 :)

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Pokémon: Gen 6! I loved all of the new additions; I think there were only two that I wasn't fond of, and even then, they were still cool to get.

Starters: Gen 3, 6, or 7... I can never decide, I always love the new starters I feel like...

Legendaries: Definitely 7 for this one. I've never really cared about legendaries (besides gen 1's set) until now. Now I feel like I need to collect EEEEVERYTHING about Lunala!! * ^ *

Region: Hoenn! Alola comes at a close second, though. I just really like the organic, tropical regions.

Protagonists: Gen 6 or 7 since you can customize... never really cared otherwise @-@

Rival: Hugh from BW2 was awesome, so I'll go with gen 5. I feel like this is an unpopular opinion for some reason, but I always liked him. It felt like he had real character and some motivation besides the basic "I wanna be the best" sort of deal.

Professor: Kukui, I guess? Gen 7 just had very strong characters overall, so they're always gonna be the best in terms of that stuff in my eyes.

Gym Leaders: Gen 2's leaders are most memorable for me, since those were my first games and the ones that I played over and over again. Their designs are my favorite, too!

Elite Four: Gen 7, only because I became so attached to their characters after going through a whole game with them all present. They weren't just obstacles like previous games. I knew their names and faces already and that just makes it even better for me.

Champion: Again, gen 7. It was surprising and it was hard and the mechanic for future fights with the champion are the best so far!

Evil Team/s: It's a tie between Aqua and Skull for me. Bring me more goofy villains.

Plot: Gen 7 for sure. Loved it. Lots of unexpected things happening with the Pokemon present and the way the plot was presented. I hope they keep doing games like this in the future.

Music: Gen 3 and gen 2. I like the sorta retro sound that both of them have.

New/Improved Mechanic: Pretty much EVERYTHING in gen 6 was an improvement, even if the plot felt lackluster and the content wasn't as substantial. All of the mechanics from breeding to trading to PSS to customization... it all felt like a major upgrade and I loved that.

..CRIS..

Pokémon: the best Pokemon in the franchise has to be from Gen 3, because pokemon design started to get a bit weird…especially for gen 5 and 6

Starters: best starters, hands down. Gen 1, although Gen 3 gives 1 a run for it’s money… lets face it. Charizard can annihilate Sceptile and Blaziken…Swampert couldnt stand a chance against Venasaur and Blastiose has cannons….cannons…

Legendaries: Gen 4 was saturated with legendaries, but lets be real….a BLACK DRAGON…need I say more?

Protagonists: Gen 2 had the best protagonist because it was an immediate follow up of R/G/B and your final battle was against Red…&not to mention, Gen 2 was the first game in which there could be a female protagonist

Rival: Blue IS the best rival.

Professor: Oak, because he traveled through time. & according to Agatha was a BOSS when it came to battling

Gym Leaders: Gen 2. There was 16 gyms… and all of you who say “my Pokemon were OP,” or “my Pokemon were over leveled,” you're playing the game wrong. you're supposed to challenge yourself and build a second team -__-

Elite Four: Gen 3 has the best Elite 4, I don't really remember Gen 4’s E4, but Cynthia was a pain…

Champion: Blue… not just your rival, but the champion also? He had one of the most well balanced teams. and if you played the Gen 1 games, then you know he was no easy feat

Evil Team/s: Team Rocket. Giovanni was a straight BOSS! he was a DON, the original GodFather in the Pokemon world and was even a gym leader!!

Plot: Gen 2 had the best plot. Gen 1 was about “catching them all”, and “being the best that no one ever was”, but Gen 2 on the other hand was to beat the best, and collect more than just 150

Music: two words. Lavender Town.

New/Improved Mechanic: Gen 2 was the best over all game. Gen 2 introduced, shinies, day/night, breeding, post game quest, special balls, new evolution methods, Pokemon availability (day/night), and new Pokemon types.

BC_Guy

Determined Collector
Pokémon: Gen III because it gave us a ton of completely original Pokemon that were all well-designed.
Starters: Gen IV because I love Turtwig and Chimchar. Gen III is a close runner-up though.
Legendaries: Gen IV since there are so many legendaries to catch.
Region: With snowy mountains, nice grass plains, and a few extra islands, I'd have to say Sinnoh.
Protagonists: Hard to say though I really like both the male/female trainer designs in Black/White.
Rival: Either Blue or Silver. The rivals since then have been too friendly though Gladion was pretty cool.
Professor: Rowan or Kukui.
Gym Leaders: Gen V because they were involved with the plot and were pretty cool characters.
Elite Four: Gen III or V.
Champion: Blue or Steven.
Evil Team/s: Either Team Rocket or Team Skull (Rocket because they were incredibly serious, whereas Team Skull was sort of the opposite).
Plot: Gen V mainly because of N's castle and the final battle.
Music: Gen IV. The soundtrack in D/P/Pt is great, but HG/SS alone has some of the best tunes in the series.
New/Improved Mechanic: Gen IV because your bag doesn't get full anymore and the physical/special split.

Drampa

They/Them
Pokémon: Gen II - GSC introduced the bulk of my favourite Pokémon, the majority of the designs in Gen II are cute and, while they might not have the best stats, they are always a part of my team.
Starters: Gen VII - PRIMARINA, a Pokémon (perhaps unintentionally) representing gender transition <3
Legendaries: Gen I - MEW
Region: Gen V - While I disliked the games, that was mostly due to the story. The region itself was interesting and fun.
Protagonists: Never been a big fan of any of the protagonist designs, I was a huge fan of Crystal tho.
Rival: Gen II - Silver has been, perhaps, the only two dimensional rival.
Professor: Gen III - Birch is super adorable.
Gym Leaders: Ooh, hard one. I'd go for Black/White.
Elite Four: Gen IV - While the games were terrible, the story was bad and the region was boring and monotonous, the Elite 4 were cool.
Champion: Gen V - Alder is great.
Evil Team/s: Gen III - Magma and Aqua were ridiculous and didn't actually think their plans through, 10/10. Also Team Skull is fantastic and I hope they just keep doing fantastically silly evil teams.
Plot: Gen VII - Gen V was way too heavy handed and there were too many characters we were meant to care about, Gen VI was a little better but introducing like 5 rivals was a mistake, Gen VII seems to have got it right although why no one could see that Lusamine was evil is beyond me.
Music: Gen VI has a beautiful soundtrack.
New/Improved Mechanic: Gen II - Basically everything from Gen I was improved significantly. The introduction of shinies was nice.

Carchomp

Dank Trainer
Pokémon: Gen VII - Not that I think the Pokémon in this game are the best, they sometimes just look so awful that it's adorable.
Starters: Gen III/VI (oRaS) - Choosing the starters in Ruby, Saphire and Emerald was harder than any of the games themselves.
Legendaries: Gen VI - I love Yveltal and Xerneas' design in overal, most likely Yveltal. Oblivion Wing is just something you can't dismiss.
Region: Gen II - I really like Johto's map design.
Protagonists: Gen VI - Trevor is just such a cuddly bear.
Gym Leaders ... - I don't know wich to pick, but I'll go with the Kanto, Gen I, leaders.
Elite Four: Gen VI - The Elite Four were disgustingly cool, to me.
Champion: Gen VI - As much as I adore the other Champions, I think Diantha has a nice but weird team.
Evil Team: Gen VII - They're like Homer from The Simpsons trying to run faster than Usain Bolt, but much more weirder.
Plot: Gen VII - Just follow a playthrough or play Sun and Moon for yourself. You'll see why.
Music: Gen VI - I could dance all day to Lumiose City's soundtrack!
New/Improved Mechanic: Gen VI - I really like the Pokémon Amie and SuperTraining mechanics. It brought a new aspect to the whole raising thing and even added some benefits to it!

Gen VI is probably my favourie Gen.

Viviaren

Smug Snek
Pokémon: A tie between Gen V and Gen III. I think both generations have awesome Pokémon designs. I also think VII introduced some amazing Pokémon.
Starters: As much as I love Hoenn and the Torchic line, I'm not a fan of Mudkip or Treecko and their evolutions. That being said, I think Gen V and VII definitely had the best starters. Usually there is always a starter from the trio that I dislike, but with V and VII I loved all of them, even Tepig (Emboar is pretty badass, ya know). Snivy, Samurott, Incineroar are also some of my top favourite Pokémon.
Legendaries: Gen IV, with Gen V a close second (because Virizion is my favourite Pokémon, and Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem are awesome). I mean, Gen IV introduced (in my opinion) one of the coolest legendary trios ever, with Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina.
Region: Tie between Hoenn, Unova, and Alola. All three of them are amazing.
Protagonists: Probably either RSE or BW.
Rival: Hau and Wally. I like friendly rivals more than the arsehole ones for some reason.
Professor: Sycamore and Kukui are awesome!
Gym Leaders: I thought BW/BW2 had the coolest gym leaders.
Elite Four: Gen V and VII are tied. All of them were cool.
Champion: Gen III. Steven is cool as heck.
Evil Team/s: Gen III. Team Aqua as always been the coolest team in my opinion, and Magma is awesome as well.
Plot: I thought both Gen V and VII had great storylines. They really drew me in.
Music: Once again, Gens V and VII. There soundtracks were great!
New/Improved Mechanic: Customisation and Super Training in Gen VI.

Tuxlash

Ba-doom-tish.
Pokémon: Ok, confession time, I've always liked the original 151 as a set. While they are by no means perfect (coughcough Jynx), I view them as the best batch overall.
Starters: Johto or Kalos, hard to decide. Both have a cute Grass-type, an elegant Fire-type, and a bada** Water-type.
Legendaries: Johto, again. Raikou, Suicune and Entei are my all-time favourites.
Region: Unova or Johto. Although Johto has a sort of countryside charm (I know, I know, I'm bad at describing feelings); Unova reminds me of my home province.
Protagonists: Gold and Crystal, the first gender duo.
Rival: Either Wally because he's just so sympathetic, or Silver and Gladion because I like their character development and backstories.
Professor: Birch, I like how he fakes being attacked by a wild Pokemon so beginning trainers can feel like a hero and get boosted self-esteem.
Gym Leaders: Johto; Jasmine is my all-time favourite.
Elite Four: Unova. I have a pet peeve for when you have to battle the E4 in a fixed order.
Champion: Kukui. I especially love how he comes back to challenge the Champion after determining the Champion.
Evil Team/s: Rocket. They don't have some fancy ideal; they're just after money and power.
Plot: Sun/Moon; the plot has been getting better in each new game.
Music: Sun/Moon, see Plot but replace 'plot' with 'music'.
New/Improved Mechanic: DEFEND YOUR TITLE AS CHAMPION.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Pokémon: A tough one. I may have to go with Generation V.
Starters: Generation II.
Legendaries: I don't know, probably Generation I.
Region: Generation VI - Kalos. I love Europe. I love France. I love the variety of 'seasons' in the region, like the whole region that looks like it's in autumn.
Protagonists: Generation V.
Rival: I don't even remember them beyond Generation II, if that tells you anything.
Professor: No opinion.
Gym Leaders: Again, can't really say. There's just too many for me to consider anymore.
Elite Four: See above.
Champion: I don't know, I liked X/Ys.
Evil Team/s: Team Skull was pretty entertaining.
Plot: I don't know, I've never paid much attention. I liked how Generation II was a follow-up of I.
Music: X/Y have the best music. I also like the music of Generation I - III. However, IV, V, and VII are forgettable, sadly.
New/Improved Mechanic: Can I say Crystal letting us play as a female trainer, because that was pretty darn important to me.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Pokémon: Ooh, Black/White or Ruby/Sapphire. So many ghost and dark types!
Starters: Black/White undoubtedly. While I'm not a massive fan of Emboar, Samurott and Serperior are favourites of mine.
Legendaries: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Giratina, Heatran, Darkrai. Need I say more? (Honourable mention to the Dragons of BW)
Region: Black/White. Best storyline, best music, best game. Yup. Gooooo Team Unova!
Protagonists: Black/White. Again.
Rival: Either Red/Blue or Black/White. You can't beat Blue, but Bianca is so adorable and Cheren is, well, Cheren.
Professor: Red/Blue. Professor Oak. The true champion.
Gym Leaders: Black/White or Gold/Silver. I really liked the leaders in these games, especially the Gen 5 ones, as their personalities are just so vivid.
Elite Four: Black/White. While I'm not a massive fan of Marshal and Caitlin, Grimsley and Shauntal really stick out for me.
Champion: Ruby/Sapphire or Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I love both Steven and Cynthia. Can't choose one.
Evil Team/s: Black/White. PLASMAAAAAAA!
Plot: Black/White. I'm pretty sure anyone who knows me knew this was coming.
Music: Black/White. Again, this is fantastic.
New/Improved Mechanic: (Heart)Gold/(Soul)Silver. I loved the Pokeathlon and the walking buddy feature and I wish it'd make a comeback.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Pokémon: BW without a doubt. A plethora of creative designs are available, and it really helped bring salvation to the bug and dark types I love.
Starters: Well, is Snivy my favourite starter, but I'm gonna say DPPt without a doubt. It has an extremely well rounded cast of starters. I personally really like all three, which is something I can only also say for Gen 7.
Legendaries: BW. Zekrom and Reshiram are the first box legendaries to be based on human concepts, and I adore them for it. Reshiram is my favourite Pokémon.
Region: BW again because Unova is diverse in its towns, plot relevant in its setting, and gorgeous. The bridges are cool, and seasons really bring it to life.
Protagonists: BW. I feel like the more mature approach really worked! Hilbert and Hilda have very memorable designs for me, and they really stand out amongst the others.
Rival: I'm gonna count N as a rival and say BW. Honestly I could talk about N for hours, seeing as he's actually pretty well written. But he likes maths too, so I guess I'm kinda biased. If we're not counting N, I guess SM has it with Hau and Gladion.
Professor: Professor Elm from GSC / HGSS always stuck out to me becuase of how excitable he was over his work. So much so, in fact, that his presumed wife complains he doesn't come up for dinner. Next would have to be Birch in ORAS though, just for how hilarious it is when he quivers in fear of the Poochyena in ORAS.

...At least this would be true until SM were released. Kukui easily takes the cake. He's extremely plot relevant, and his speciality in moves leads to some hilarious dialogue.
Gym Leaders: BW / BW2 wins here because its gym leaders actually do stuff. Yes, they don't just sit around in their gyms all day! I think that's quite a big deal.
Elite Four: BW because Caitlin came back. And I guess the types were cool too. Otherwise DPPt.
Champion: I'm gonna count Kukui and say SM because his fight is definitely my favourite. SR + 5 threats. Yeesh.
Evil Team/s: SM with Team Skull. Their dialogue is honestly priceless, made even funnier by their awkward idle and walking animations.
Plot: BW. I don't think this needs explaining.
Music: BW for its extremely diverse soundtrack, excellent town themes, and my favourite battle theme of all, N's battle theme.
New/Improved Mechanic: Seasons in BW because they're beautiful. I also loved the animated sprites in BW. But I'm gonna stop neglecting other generations and give XY / ORAS an honourable mention with the PSS, chain fishing, and most importantly, the dex nav.

Last edited: