• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Gen 2 Game Did You Play?

Which game(s) did you play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAMEBOY

Oh my goodness, Gold was so amazing. So much nostalgia! Too bad the battery died in it... My childhood went down the pan with all of my save data T.T

mellowrush

Silver, the second pokemon games I've played and one that made me all the more enamoured with the franchise ^_^
Typhlosion, Lugia and Pidgeot were three pokemon I just couldn't get off my team, I think they were the first I trained to lv 100 too

Tytanium18

Itinerant
Ah, gen 2, my favorite. I got all 3, but got Silver first, because Crystal hadn't come out at the time, and I preferred Lugia over Ho-oh. Silver was excellent, while I really enjoyed Crystal with its additional features, and both are equally nostalgic.

zhixun

I play Silver when the games first released, then I played Gold and at last I played Crystal. I have never touch this game for more than five years from now. I probably will try to go for a speed run if I have time after the exams.

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
I loved that the Pokemon had animations right after they appeared in battle in Pokemon Crystal ;)
The Suicune side quest was fun as well!

Britt

Collector!
I played all three! I remember getting Gold and Silver at the same time since I was going on a long roadtrip with my family and they wanted to keep me occupied. I got Crystal way later (like within the last 5 years?) so I haven't played through it all that much, but I do own it. :)

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Pokemon Gold absolutely loved it i just got the battery replaced two and decided to get a gameshark this time for fun. I actually foynd a shiny abra and caught it. I had no idea what a shiny was but i was actually looking for an abra and managed to catch this one :)

Tangeh

I only played Gold. I actually never got attached to any of my save files like I've done with literally every other game bar Gen V, so I played through it over and over as a kid and then once more as a teenager. :3

The music of G/S/C is so nostalgic, even more than R/B/Y for me. Ugh, the national park music especially. <3 It's like having soup on a cold day.

Retro Mew

Mystical Furball
I played Silver; I got it in 2001 and I still have the (working!) cartridge to this day. I still think it's the best main series game to date bar its remake and HG.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
My cousin gave me her Silver version along with her Ruby version, I played her Silver game a while, then deleted it to start my own, but the file never saved, so I never made it past the first town. I finally got to play through Johto when SoulSilver came out much later.

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
It seems that silver was slightly more popular than gold amongst serebii users! very interesting!

xEryChan

Demon Child
I played all three games, to be honest, but if I had to choose, I'd probably pick Crystal.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
In my country, nintendo is not officially present, so on my birthday my friend showed me crystal and thats it!
Never touched games before that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Balborosaurus

Nomadic Breeder
Christmas 2001 I got a Game Boy Color with Crystal. It was my favorite game until the battery died. So you can only imagine how excited I was when they announced HG & SS. Plus I raised my first Lv. 100 in that game, a Crobat (to this day is one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.