• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Gen 8 starter are you most excited to choose!

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Sadly I won't be playing this gen as I can't afford a Switch, but I would have chosen Scorbunny. Funny that I predicted that the Rabbit would be the next Chinese Zodiac animal that would be picked for the Fire starter, since I know the trend is there and it would have been the most likely choice.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Sadly I won't be playing this gen as I can't afford a Switch, but I would have chosen Scorbunny. Funny that I predicted that the Rabbit would be the next Chinese Zodiac animal that would be picked for the Fire starter, since I know the trend is there and it would have been the most likely choice.
It’s not a trend.

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
Sobble. I have a strong feeling he is going to be a water/dragon type, I'd take water/flying too! I told myself I was not going to get attached to a starter, as I want to do a mono ice type team, but I cannot say no to a timid lizard. It is practically my spirit animal lol.

Maybe I will luck out and he will be water/ice. Who wants to put odds on that one for me? Lol.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
And funnily enough, it's now three generations in a row we've had a non-reptilian Grass-type starter.
Honestly I was pretty surprised about Chespin because we've had nothing but reptiles for grass-types. It seems Grookey will carry on the trend.

Kung Fu Ferret

Hero of Hawai'i
I'll wait to see their final forms.
I will get both games at or around launch
Tentatively I will go Grookey for Sword and Sobble for Shield. Although I like Scorbunny, I have to wait to see all three of their final evos's typings.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It is a trend, as seen with the following and which animal they seem to represent.

Charmander - Dragon
Cyndaquil - Rat
Torchic - Rooster
Chimchar - Monkey
Tepig - Pig
Fennekin - Dog (since well, it is a canine)
Litten - Tiger
Scorbunny - Rabbit
Cyndaquil is more of a badger (and Bidoof is the “Plump Mouse” Pokemon before you bring up Fire Mouse)!

Black.Rose

im not sure

I LOVE all of them

theres this part of me that wants to pick something other the Scorbunny, I guess that the aquarius side of me trying to be unique

I love the water but also the grass, ugh I chose grass for now

Ill have to see the final evolutions to make my last decision

I personally, don't like very heavy looking pokemon so this chameleon better be fast, they all feel like they will be fast though idk xd

Baggie_Saiyan

Primarina I didn't dig at first but it grew to be my fav Gen 7 starter! Feel something similar might happen here. But atm based on stage 1 design and potential Sobble deffo is the best. Final evo can literally be anything other two you kinda know what their final stage will be.

Ultra Beast Lover

I usually go with the one that hits hard and fast, one that can quickly end a battle. I usually pick water but sometimes I pick fire. Considering how HMs might not exist anymore this gives the water starter extra diversity.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I mean, I always pick Fire type. The only time I didn't was Gen V (went with Snivy). Plus, the rabbit's grown on me in the 5 hours I've known it.