• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Gen 8 starter are you most excited to choose!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
GYpCjkP.png
FRSz1oQ.png
3p0UMo8.png

Which Gen 8 starter are you most excited to choose! Or how would you rank them? Grookey the mischievous grass-type monkey wielding a block of wood, Scorbunny the excited fire-type bunny that's amazingly fast or Sobble the timid water-type chameleon who can turn invisible!

I don't know about you but I'm going with Scorbunny. Honestly the way he's looking, I have a strange feel he won't be a fighting-type like the other fire-types. I am so freaking excited for this region!

Last edited:

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I'll go Water or Fire. Both look very cute.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Sobble got my attention. I want one. Its so cute!

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Grookey
Love how it uses the stick as a tool..... I want it to end up Grass/Rock.... With the stick becoming a big Rocky hammer.

Nockturne

If Scorbunny ends up dual typed I can see it being electric. As for me I'm going Sobble, I gotta keep that little fella safe

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sobble's the only one who looks interesting, Scorchbunny and Grookey depend on if they have cool evolutions
Right now I'm all on board team Sobble

shoz999

If Scorbunny ends up dual typed I can see it being electric. As for me I'm going Sobble, I gotta keep that little fella safe
Honestly Scorbunny looks like the type of Pokemon that can learn Extreme Speed. It might even be a regular normal fire-type but I have a hard time imagining it as electric because that's usually considered as kind of a primary typing for starters even though it was just Pikachu. Although at this point, anything it's possible. I don't think people were expecting Litten to evolve into a wrestler. For all we know, Scorbunny could evolve anywhere from a skinny fast rabbit to a hulking kick-boxing bunny.

2dtyplosion

I'm going with Pokemon Sword and Scorbunny unless it turns into fire/fighting, but I'm expecting either fire /fairy or electric.

greninjamaster

The Yellow could make me think Scorbunny will end up being Electric but nah the bandaid screams Fire/Fighting.

I think Sobble will be Water/Poison or Water/Psychic

Grookey will be Grass/Ground

shoz999

Just a thought but do you think their personalities could also reflect their typings? Grookey is described as mischievous so he could be a grass/dark-type which is pretty rare.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm not impressed with their designs so far, maybe they'll grow on me later. I'm particularly interested if they end up being dual-typed in their latest stage, and visually attract me.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I've been getting both games since Diamond and Pearl.

So, Grookey and Scorbunny for me. I Like Scorbunny the best though

I'd have to see Sobble's evolutions.

Sawsbuck

Eeveelution trainer
I'm looking at either Grookey (since I usually always start with the trusty grass type) but Sobble has my eye and is a widdle cutie pie

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Grookey.
I hope it turns into a fast monkey. Not really seeing any secondary type but Rock would be nice.