• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Gen 8 starter are you most excited to choose!

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Sadly I won't be playing this gen as I can't afford a Switch, but I would have chosen Scorbunny. Funny that I predicted that the Rabbit would be the next Chinese Zodiac animal that would be picked for the Fire starter, since I know the trend is there and it would have been the most likely choice.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Sadly I won't be playing this gen as I can't afford a Switch, but I would have chosen Scorbunny. Funny that I predicted that the Rabbit would be the next Chinese Zodiac animal that would be picked for the Fire starter, since I know the trend is there and it would have been the most likely choice.
It’s not a trend.

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
Sobble. I have a strong feeling he is going to be a water/dragon type, I'd take water/flying too! I told myself I was not going to get attached to a starter, as I want to do a mono ice type team, but I cannot say no to a timid lizard. It is practically my spirit animal lol.

Maybe I will luck out and he will be water/ice. Who wants to put odds on that one for me? Lol.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
And funnily enough, it's now three generations in a row we've had a non-reptilian Grass-type starter.
Honestly I was pretty surprised about Chespin because we've had nothing but reptiles for grass-types. It seems Grookey will carry on the trend.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
I'll wait to see their final forms.
I will get both games at or around launch
Tentatively I will go Grookey for Sword and Sobble for Shield. Although I like Scorbunny, I have to wait to see all three of their final evos's typings.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It is a trend, as seen with the following and which animal they seem to represent.

Charmander - Dragon
Cyndaquil - Rat
Torchic - Rooster
Chimchar - Monkey
Tepig - Pig
Fennekin - Dog (since well, it is a canine)
Litten - Tiger
Scorbunny - Rabbit
Cyndaquil is more of a badger (and Bidoof is the “Plump Mouse” Pokemon before you bring up Fire Mouse)!

Black.Rose

im not sure

I LOVE all of them

theres this part of me that wants to pick something other the Scorbunny, I guess that the aquarius side of me trying to be unique

I love the water but also the grass, ugh I chose grass for now

Ill have to see the final evolutions to make my last decision

I personally, don't like very heavy looking pokemon so this chameleon better be fast, they all feel like they will be fast though idk xd

Baggie_Saiyan

Primarina I didn't dig at first but it grew to be my fav Gen 7 starter! Feel something similar might happen here. But atm based on stage 1 design and potential Sobble deffo is the best. Final evo can literally be anything other two you kinda know what their final stage will be.

Ultra Beast Lover

I usually go with the one that hits hard and fast, one that can quickly end a battle. I usually pick water but sometimes I pick fire. Considering how HMs might not exist anymore this gives the water starter extra diversity.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I mean, I always pick Fire type. The only time I didn't was Gen V (went with Snivy). Plus, the rabbit's grown on me in the 5 hours I've known it.