1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which Gen 8 starter will you choose?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Aug 5, 2019.

?

Which Gen 8 starter will you choose?

1. Grookey (Grass)

40 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Scorbunny (Fire)

66 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Sobble (Water)

70 vote(s)
    39.8%
  1. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

With just over three months to go before Sword & Shield are released, which one of the Gen 8 starters will you be choosing to start your new adventures in the Galar region?

I don’t have a Switch, but if I did, I’d go with Scorbunny. I’ve nearly always chosen the Fire-type starter in previous generations (except the first two), and it’s a tradition that I’d likely keep going with in Gen 8.

wolf jani likes this.
  2. AgentKallus

AgentKallus A human person.

I leaning Sobble ATM but I like to see the final evolutions before I make my choice. That said I might use use multiple starters or none.

3. wolf jani

wolf jani Prone to overreacting about things

Based on first forms. Definitely Scorbunny. But that might change with evolutions

4. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Yup, it all depands on the evolutions to to be honest. Based on the first stage only- Scorbunny or Sobble

NovaBrunswick and wolf jani like this.
  5. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Cramorant is too cute for words!

Depends on evolutions. Based on first stage Grookey or Sobble since I usually like the Grass or Water starter.

janejane6178 and wolf jani like this.
  6. Gregoriath

Gregoriath President of Rolycoly Fan Club

I am really really torn on which to pick out of Grookey or Scorbunny. I love how cute Grookey is and if it's evolutions are a Donkey Konga-like scenario I'd be all for it, but Scorbunny has been growing on me a lot and looks so cuddly and happy and cute! I think I'll have to wait for evolutions before I make a choice!

7. Ignition

Ignition Wake me up when get to Sinnoh

I’m heavily leaning towards Scorbunny but I’m also considering using all 3 at once for the first time

8. catzeye

catzeye Writer's Block

Definitely starting off with Sobble but I like all of the starters (the first time since Gen 3 that I've liked all 3).

9. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

Still planning to go with Grookey.

It's gonna take a pretty dissapointing final stage/type and/or an amazing new Grass/Electric (or I suppose Grass/Ice) to convince me otherwise.

wolf jani likes this.
  10. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

I’m going with Sobble, but I need to see their evolutions.

11. anjunajake

anjunajake you were the sun & moon to me

I wanted to go with Sobble, but if the leak about it being
    water/psycic
    turns out to be true, it may change my mind. I guess the jury is still out! But in baby form, Sobble is currently my fave.

12. paipr_christian

Don't know if I've seen that one. And why?

wolf jani likes this.
  13. anjunajake

anjunajake you were the sun & moon to me

It's in the rumors and leaks thread from earlier Just saw it today. I was just holding out hope for it being
    /ghost. Just feels like a more interesting typing, and pretty rare as the only ones who have it so far are the Jellicent line. There's a hand full of water/psychic types already.
    However my final decision will likely still be based on their final forms. Grookey is a close second right now!

wolf jani and janejane6178 like this.
  14. _skiploom_

_skiploom_ Well-Known Member

As a grass-type enthusiast, I’ll be starting with Grookey in my main gain. I’m hoping that it gets an interesting second typing upon evolution.

wolf jani likes this.
  15. paipr_christian

That's about where I'm at. Like I said earlier it takes some pretty worst case scenario for Grookey's line or best case scenario elsewhere (Cat Pokemon 3 stage that's Grass/electric or Grass/Ice) for me to not go with it.

wolf jani likes this.
  16. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

If Gen 7 taught me anything, it's that I simply cannot decide before I've seen the final evolutions.

17. paipr_christian

Any particular starter your referencing?

wolf jani likes this.
  18. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Well I rally wanted Rowlet and Popplio was my least favourite. But then I really didn't liek Rowlet's final evolution, but absolutely loved Primarina. So, I need to see the final evos before I decide.

Fairy Queen and wolf jani like this.
  19. paipr_christian

Fair enough. Partially to each there own. But also cause much as I love owls, much as I love Grass types, and much as I loved Rowlet/Dartrix, Decidueye did kinda leave me not as happy.

It feels a lil less owl than I wanted it to be.

Orphalesion and wolf jani like this.
  20. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

I think that's what a lot of people thought when they first saw Grookey, that it was like if Donkey Kong was a Pokémon. XD

Leosnake and wolf jani like this.