• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Gen 8 starter will you choose?

Which Gen 8 starter will you choose?

• Grookey (Grass)

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • Scorbunny (Fire)

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Sobble (Water)

Votes: 70 39.3%

• Total voters

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
With just over three months to go before Sword & Shield are released, which one of the Gen 8 starters will you be choosing to start your new adventures in the Galar region?

I don’t have a Switch, but if I did, I’d go with Scorbunny. I’ve nearly always chosen the Fire-type starter in previous generations (except the first two), and it’s a tradition that I’d likely keep going with in Gen 8.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I leaning Sobble ATM but I like to see the final evolutions before I make my choice. That said I might use use multiple starters or none.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Depends on evolutions. Based on first stage Grookey or Sobble since I usually like the Grass or Water starter.

Gregoriath

President of Rolycoly Fan Club
I am really really torn on which to pick out of Grookey or Scorbunny. I love how cute Grookey is and if it's evolutions are a Donkey Konga-like scenario I'd be all for it, but Scorbunny has been growing on me a lot and looks so cuddly and happy and cute! I think I'll have to wait for evolutions before I make a choice!

catzeye

Writer's Block
Definitely starting off with Sobble but I like all of the starters (the first time since Gen 3 that I've liked all 3).

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Still planning to go with Grookey.

It's gonna take a pretty dissapointing final stage/type and/or an amazing new Grass/Electric (or I suppose Grass/Ice) to convince me otherwise.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I wanted to go with Sobble, but if the leak about it being
water/psycic
turns out to be true, it may change my mind. I guess the jury is still out! But in baby form, Sobble is currently my fave.

Don't know if I've seen that one. And why?

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
Don't know if I've seen that one. And why?

It's in the rumors and leaks thread from earlier Just saw it today. I was just holding out hope for it being
/ghost. Just feels like a more interesting typing, and pretty rare as the only ones who have it so far are the Jellicent line. There's a hand full of water/psychic types already.
However my final decision will likely still be based on their final forms. Grookey is a close second right now!

_skiploom_

As a grass-type enthusiast, I’ll be starting with Grookey in my main gain. I’m hoping that it gets an interesting second typing upon evolution.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
As a grass-type enthusiast, I’ll be starting with Grookey in my main gain. I’m hoping that it gets an interesting second typing upon evolution.

That's about where I'm at. Like I said earlier it takes some pretty worst case scenario for Grookey's line or best case scenario elsewhere (Cat Pokemon 3 stage that's Grass/electric or Grass/Ice) for me to not go with it.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Well I rally wanted Rowlet and Popplio was my least favourite. But then I really didn't liek Rowlet's final evolution, but absolutely loved Primarina. So, I need to see the final evos before I decide.

Fair enough. Partially to each there own. But also cause much as I love owls, much as I love Grass types, and much as I loved Rowlet/Dartrix, Decidueye did kinda leave me not as happy.

It feels a lil less owl than I wanted it to be.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I am really really torn on which to pick out of Grookey or Scorbunny. I love how cute Grookey is and if it's evolutions are a Donkey Konga-like scenario I'd be all for it, but Scorbunny has been growing on me a lot and looks so cuddly and happy and cute! I think I'll have to wait for evolutions before I make a choice!

I think that's what a lot of people thought when they first saw Grookey, that it was like if Donkey Kong was a Pokémon. XD