• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Gen 8 starter will you choose?

Which Gen 8 starter will you choose?

• Grookey (Grass)

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • Scorbunny (Fire)

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Sobble (Water)

Votes: 70 39.3%

• Total voters

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Still in the camp of sobble :) Sassy and classy

Love grookey's aswell, we'll see what scorbuynny will bring to the table though. :)

Julia Artemis

I've been hearing a lot of rumors that the final evos might be fake. Not 100% positive about that. There's a lot of conflicting information about that. I'd be fine if that's Sobble's evo though just didn't expect it to turn out that way, so we'll see

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I’m pretty torn myself. With the exception of Gen 6, I’ve always gone grass for my starter. However, I’m really liking all three starters this time around.

Though to be fair there are very few starters I have issues with and even then it’s for rather petty reasons.

axelme

if i get these games , just based on what i saw today i'll be ditching whatever one i choose as soon as i can. what a disappointing trio this is. although, to be honest i guess i shouldnt be surprised. the base forms are pretty bad to start with

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
if i get these games , just based on what i saw today i'll be ditching whatever one i choose as soon as i can. what a disappointing trio this is. although, to be honest i guess i shouldnt be surprised. the base forms are pretty bad to start with
we havent seen the evolutions yet though

Sham

The Guardian of War

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Now it's gonna be
Sword(Main save/profile thing): Sobble
Shield: Grookey

B. Thunder Tiger

Grookey is still my main. Scorbunny's third evo has potential, although I think the design could have been somewhat better. As for Sobble's third form, that thing can drown in a lake for all I care.

The only way I'm going to care for either of those two, is if their animation is something to behold, but I expect it not to change my mind about Grookey.

Last edited:

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Grookey still.
I like Intelleon, but Rillaboom does it for me.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
honestly if the leak is correct all the starter evos kinda look dumb especially since scorbunnys is pure fire.Grookeys looks decent though and what would intelleons typing be?

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I am so glad none of the starters' evolutions disappoint. (They seldom do, though: I wasn't even disappointed by Chespin's line.) Proud to be going with Grookey and Scorbunny, and I won't mind picking Sobble if/when the third version comes out.