• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Gen 8 starter will you choose?

Which Gen 8 starter will you choose?

• Grookey (Grass)

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • Scorbunny (Fire)

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Sobble (Water)

Votes: 70 39.3%

• Total voters

DSDark

Breeder
I've started every single first game of the generation with the fire starter. I absolutely love scorbunny, however if it becomes fire/fighting I will break my trend and start with grookey. I really hope scorbunny is pure fire

Julia Artemis

I love Sobble and how sad it is. So adorable. But I worry now with the spy rumors and that seems really dumb to me. But I'll probably still pick it and hopefully it won't disappoint me like Oshawott did. Samurott is so bad.

AnOldGoat

Just Another Title
It’s a tie between Scorbunny and Sobble depending on their evolutions. Love Scorbunny to death but if he becomes Fire Fighting I will most likely go Sobble on the first play through

falconlord

Scorbunny. The fire starters are always my favourites (except Litten and Infernape... both from my least favourite Pokémon games, funny enough).

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
These 3 have really really grown on me recently. Upon the first reveal, I can’t say I was a fan of any of them. However as time as gone on and we’ve seen them more, all 3 of them are becoming more and more interesting. I am normally decided on a starter at this point. Normally I rule out grass because I don’t want to use a grass starter which would replace my Turtwig. However for the first time I’m finding the grass starter interesting. Scorbunny I was okay with at first but seeing it in game is making it grow massively on me, and then Sobble was the one I was going to plan on using, but now I’m torn. I wish we had the first stage evolutions just to start to see where they are going to help me decide.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
I'm going for Sobble

It's timid demeanor is adorable and most of the time, it's the timid ones who become really bad ass. I hope it's evolutions will be Water/Ghost

The first stages are all adorable, this is the first time since Gen 4 I've wanted all 3. I normally make my decision based on what it looks like once it's fully evolved. Hopefully they all look good so I can do multiple playthroughs.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m still going with Scorbunny for my first playthrough, but if I get Shield or the third game afterwards, I’ll definitely pick Sobble. It’s my second favorite out of the starters in terms of design and it matches my personality perfectly.

The only reason why I’m not going with Sobble now is that Scorbunny has more character & I’ve been doing an underdog theme for my playhteoughs for the past 8 years, so I want to try something different

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
Grookey all the way, although I did think Sobble when I first looked at them. When I came back around for the approaching release, I re-examined the starters again and liked Grookey more. This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but I think it kind of has something to do with which one I want to hug. Basically, which one seems like my companion. I just imagine Grookey riding on my shoulder with a hand around my head fiddling with my ear as we explore Galar.

Final evos are never make or breaks for me. I can honestly go in blind as far as that is concerned, especially since GF does not have the reputation of making the final evos something really unexpected. Whatever Grookey ends up becoming, he will be part of my team. That said, I am very interested to see what that is.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Do you think we’ll get a feminine final evolution like we did Primarina?

The only one I could see getting a feminine-looking evo would be Sobble, but then we’d have two feminine final Water evos in a row.

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
The only one I could see getting a feminine-looking evo would be Sobble, but then we’d have two feminine final Water evos in a row.

That surprises me, because I get gender-neutral vibes from Sobble. I think if any starter will have a feminine final form it will be Scorbunny. Something about the eyes and more lithe features of that Pokemon strongly hint, to me at least, that it will be the feminine Pokemon, if there are any this gen.