• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Gen 8 starter will you choose?

Which Gen 8 starter will you choose?

• Grookey (Grass)

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • Scorbunny (Fire)

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Sobble (Water)

Votes: 70 39.3%

• Total voters

Xeno the Doomguy

I have a switch and getting back into Pokemon!
I'm going with Sobble. I was Grookey at first but nah my love for Water type starters always creeps up on me lmao.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I really like fire Pokemon but I also am very picky about Pokemon design so I kinda wanna pick Grookey but i usually pick the fire pokemon so I don't know.

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
I'm the kind of person who picks a base stage starter and stubbornly sticks by it even when the middle stage is awkward (as they usually are) and I'm pretty much always satisfied with the designs of the final evolutions. There are some starters that are misses for me but it's usually because of something else like it's stats or movepool.
The day before the trailer where the starters were revealed I was thinking to myself "I really hope I like the Fire starter this time around, I haven't picked one since Cyndaquil." And when I saw Scorbunny in that trailer I fell instantly in love!

I also adore Cinderace, and it helps that I've been in a big Inazuma Eleven (Magic Anime Soccer) mood recently. Cinderace is the embodiment of the archetypal Fire Element Ace Striker in Inazuma Eleven, I'll probably end up naming a lot of my Pokemon after Inazuma Eleven characters, but I'll specifically use their British English dub names.

Gen 6 before starter evos were revealed I was team Chespin. After final evos revealed I joined team fennekin.

Gen 7 before starter evos I was team popplio and then evos revealed I jumped to team Rowlet.

Gen 8 I was team Sobble from day one and I'm still on team Sobble makes such a nice change.

Alaris

I sort of want Scorbunny, because he looks pretty cool... but I dunno... Sobble has grown on me. I think that's who I'm picking this time around.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Honestly quite dissatisfied with the starter evolutions. If I'm getting the games (a Switch+game is still quite costly), I'll probably pick Grookey.

Alaris

Honestly quite dissatisfied with the starter evolutions. If I'm getting the games (a Switch+game is still quite costly), I'll probably pick Grookey.

Haven't seen the evolutions, as I've been trying to avoid spoilers. Hopefully they turn out not too bad.

I'm definitely getting the game on Friday, just still have to decide which starter for sure.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Haven't seen the evolutions, as I've been trying to avoid spoilers. Hopefully they turn out not too bad.

I'm definitely getting the game on Friday, just still have to decide which starter for sure.

They're not bad, not by a landslide. Sorry if I gave you that impression.. Their just not what I had personally envisioned them turning into aesthetically. There really aren't any big surprises akin to Dewott -> Samurott.

Nodame

Misty <3
I'll start with Scorbunny but I'll leave it in the box when I find Ponyta and the rest of my magical team.

SueChef

Old dog, new tricks!
I like to have grass, fire and water representation in my team as much as possible, and while I've seen the image leaks I've not seen any stats or movesets. I have a fire type in mind so Scorebunny is out as much as I enjoy it's base design, but I'm torn between Grookey and Sobble because it will determine another team member potentially. I guess I'll just see how I feel on Friday!

Nave

Grookey all the way.

I predicted the name of the final evolution--Rillaboom! When it was rumoured he'd be a gorilla with a drum, that was the first name I thought of. It looks almost exactly like I hoped it would! Although, I was praying it would be Grass/Rock type...

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Grookey all the way.

I predicted the name of the final evolution--Rillaboom! When it was rumoured he'd be a gorilla with a drum, that was the first name I thought of. It looks almost exactly like I hoped it would! Although, I was praying it would be Grass/Rock type...

I'm glad you didn't assume it would be "Bongorilla."

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Grookey all the way.

When he was first revealed, I predicted that he'd evolve into something like Donkey Kong.
Now he does.
:D

Grimuald

Spiduwaaagoon
It's hard for me so much. I like those 3 starters a lot more than last gen. I don't think I'll roll with a scorbunny as there's only place for one fire startet in my heart (Cyndaquil <3). Grookey and Sobble it is for me... But as I'm coming back to the pokemon games, I'll try to go for the type of my 1st starter I've picked so many years ago. As a child I picked Squirtle, now as a Man I'll Sob..ble :D